2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 13 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2016, 12:39 PM   #121

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
That's pretty much the consensus on other RV forums that have had the frameless Windows for some time now. Also seem to report at first glance a number of mechanical issues with them. My question if I was going to order would be is there still a capability to get the thermal framed Windows rather than the frameless, or is the frameless the only option.
wondering the same thing!...customer driven 2017 options?

freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:44 PM   #122

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
MyronL, can I ask why the old awning made you nervous? Was their something wrong with it?

Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:49 PM   #123

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I doubt it. Straight in unobstructed trumps a circuitous route anytime. For those of us who like a natural breeze without having to run a fan the slider would be superior.
I get that. Im only referring to the ability for the trailer to circulate air. Personally I don't want my trailer to be a wind tunnel, and don't mind using the fan to maintain temps. If I want a good breeze I take a few steps out the front door. Its all good!
Daubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:50 PM   #124

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Changes in the 19' Features:
Added to Kitchen Area
  • Black 2 Burner Cooktop

This was added close to two months ago. We were originally going to get an upgrade to stainless as I didn't like the white, which is what it was when I started working on the build sheet in early December. At the end of January/very early February I looked again at the standards sheet and noticed it was black, which would have been my preference. Got it switched and Sarah said they had just changed that standard feature.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:59 PM   #125

Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Like some others, I prefer the look of the Classic; however, I'm sure the new 19' will prove very popular. The newer awning does look a little less sturdy than the old but I'm sure it's just fine; however, I wonder how the screen room works with the new awning ... or is there a screen room anymore? Adding a screen room without additional bracing seems sketchy due to the additional weight.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #126

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
No, I never had a problem with the awning. I rarely used it. Repetition being the best teacher, that may be why my comfort level has remained low. I am also mentally lazy when I want to be. Two other reasons could be worry it could unfurl when driving (highly unlikely) and, when backing the trailer up in my yard, I kissed the rear lower arm bracket and had to replace that, twice.

This newer awning has a much cleaner, more secure look for me.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:11 PM   #127

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
WOW Reace and Tammy. That's a beautiful rig!! Your trailers just keep getting better, how can that be? You guys are awesome.

Congratulations!

Dave & Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #128

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post

This newer awning has a much cleaner, more secure look for me.
One of the biggest things I like, is that it looks great stowed. No coil of fabric left exposed. Of course it needs to work open too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:39 PM   #129

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
The flat door may not have the character of the old, but the new one does solve a couple issues with the old. The screen won't pull out of the track all the time, and no gaps in the door.
I was wondering about that with the old style screen door. I could just see myself yanking that thing out all the time. However, in the Jayco motorhome I rented, using the screen door was rather a PITA at times. So, not sure which style screen door would be better (for me, at least).

Dirk works with composites at Boeing and he says it can be tricky getting them just right, such as the door for the trailer, so he wasn't surprised to hear about gaps and such. The new style door will save ETI tons of labor along in not molding it and fixing any problems before delivery or later on.

I just looked at the info for the 21' on their site and the frig listed is actually smaller than before - 6.0 now and was 6.7 cu ft before.

Can't wait until we're told it's okay to come up to view the new style trailers, both inside and outside. Wonder when the interiors will be finished.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:45 PM   #130

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape born Dec 28, 2016, Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
main concern about the frame-less is the possibility of less ventilation than the sliders...trailer could be a real oven in warmer climates and yes an ac might resolve that but not in the boondocks....
yeah i'll admit as a Southern California resident who boondocks a lot in the desert.... the reduced (compared to sliders) ventilation with the frame-less is a drag!!

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote