2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 29 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2016, 08:03 PM   #281

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfree View Post
I noticed the new awning and windows are very similar to what Lance offers on the 1575: Lance 1575 Travel Trailer - Super slide & 2655 dry weight, small is the new big

Take a look at the exterior shots. The Lance windows seem to open a lot wider though, and the awning has the supports attached differently.

I think the famous 'cpa' member on here used to own one based on a thread I found on rv.net? Looks like they have always had the frameless windows, but didn't have the new awning style until the 2015 model year.
I think those are different Windows, the Lance ones look somewhat like the camplite version?

Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:12 PM   #282

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear101 View Post
I think those are different Windows, the Lance ones look somewhat like the camplite version?
Definitely different windows and awning, but my point is that the STYLE of windows and awning has been out there in use for a while. There are some great pictures of the awning on the Lance site.

The only complaints I found were about the warnings against scratching the acrylic windows, which wouldn't even apply with the windows Escape will be using. Couldn't find any comments either way about the awning, but I didn't spend a lot of time on it so there might be some out there somewhere.

skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:58 PM   #283
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
They were basically plastic windows, double paned, really light weight, but could open out 90 degrees with stops at 30/45/60. Tinted they had the interior screen/sunshade/nightshade set up. I had them on my Dutchman T@da in 2008, my 2009 Lance had the 12v awning and my 2012 Lance had the same windows and the 12v awning and the tankless water heater.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:01 PM   #284

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfree View Post
I noticed the new awning and windows are very similar to what Lance offers on the 1575: Lance 1575 Travel Trailer - Super slide & 2655 dry weight, small is the new big

Take a look at the exterior shots. The Lance windows seem to open a lot wider though, and the awning has the supports attached differently.

I think the famous 'cpa' member on here used to own one based on a thread I found on rv.net? Looks like they have always had the frameless windows, but didn't have the new awning style until the 2015 model year.
Jim mentioned in another thread (New kid in town....) that his Lance had moulded acrylic windows; these are top-hinged like Escape's new "frameless" style, but otherwise very different in materials and construction.

The awning on the Lance has a similar style of arm (folding in a horizontal plane), but is otherwise different: it has the roller on the moving outside edge and gas struts to push the awning open, while the Dometic awning has the roller in the case on the trailer and no gas struts obviously visible (although there must be some sort of spring pulling it open).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:22 AM   #285

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 pulled by GMC Canyon Diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Clueless about awnings - how does it stay out like that without any supports? Does it have to be extended all the way out like that? Or can it just be partially extended? Or tilted down?

Looks like another window was added to the street side. And different exhaust for the frig. At least compared to the 19' photos currently on their site for the pre-2017 version.

How much longer till we see the other sizes?

Pretty exciting reveal!
I found some pictures of a similar looking Dometic awning and the supports appear to fold out of the housing.
I wonder about the degree of wind sensitivity, too light or not enough for example.
Also, is there a back-up plan if for whatever reason the motor quits or jams? Looks nice.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. Mark Twain
JPSpins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:59 AM   #286

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16

what happened to the 3/24/16 reveal?? I thought we would see the 17-21 also .Can someone tell me where the option list is for the 19trailer I saw it now I can't find it ? I wanted to print it up . Thanks Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:04 AM   #287
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
what happened to the 3/24/16 reveal?? I thought we would see the 17-21 also .Can someone tell me where the option list is for the 19trailer I saw it now I can't find it ? I wanted to print it up . Thanks Jim
go here for the latest update 2017 19' Standard Features and Options
Old 03-28-2016, 11:55 AM   #288

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
The built in medicine cabinet in the bathroom sounds great. Besides that, nothing here would make me switch, if it delayed me from getting a trailer. See you at the campground.
GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:00 PM   #289

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRINGOandTICA View Post
The built in medicine cabinet in the bathroom sounds great. Besides that, nothing here would make me switch, if it delayed me from getting a trailer. See you at the campground.
I asked Sarah at ETI a week or two ago if it would make a difference in the delivery time of our trailer if we stayed with the 2016 version or switched to the 2017 version. I was told it would not make a difference.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:43 PM   #290

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
after struggling getting my awning down again i would go for an electric awning !! just cant seem to remember the steps it just never seems intuitive i need to look again and write them down.

Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote