2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2016, 11:00 AM   #401

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Just curious -- Is the Lance awning the same one that we are discussing here? I took a look at Lance TT's a month ago and the (undeployed) awning didn't look quite the same. It also don't think it was motorized on the 1475, but I didn't look that closely.

I don't remember seeing any complaints about the Lance awning on Lanceowners.
skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #402

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Robert that is easy to say when it isn't our money or problem . I certainly don't want to be the Guinea pig . For us the awning ,is one of the most important components of our trailer . In 30 + years the Carefree is the 3rd awning we have owned, just the way it is , and we are glad we aren't faced with this decision . Truth be told as been said ,we would be looking elsewhere , really not crazy with the changes ,some that first got us interested in the first place . Our right to our opinion . Pat
To clarify a little more, in 30+ years and this is number 3 same type awning ,never had it unroll . You use straps on arms . You also make sure the knobs are cinched . The changes we don't care for ,the door have had those on previous RV 's , really like the door and screen on our trailer now . Won't comment on windows because now you can still get what we currently have .The body to us looks like a big white box with no personality . To us these are big changes . We are glad we have our trailer as is . As for posters questioning components, why can't they ? Why do some think only their opinions and posts count ? I see that as a form of bullying . Thank goodness we all don't think a like ,or want the same things . Myself I want information and check things out myself , then I make my decision . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #403

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
In addition the newer style awning will have less chance of unfurling while under tow, something the stock awning did on BlackJack, ironically in Missoula KOA where it was discovered. I also had 2 Lance Trailers (1880 and 1575) with the automatic awning, very nice.
Ours started to unfurl at the back end on our maiden voyage. Everything was tight, but it happened and we were very lucky. Advise all use velcro straps wrapped through the upper mount to help prevent this from happening. Also, Reace suugested we always pull on the black pull strap to double check it is locked before rolling.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:11 PM   #404
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Ours started to unfurl at the back end on our maiden voyage. Everything was tight, but it happened and we were very lucky. Advise all use velcro straps wrapped through the upper mount to help prevent this from happening. Also, Reace suugested we always pull on the black pull strap to double check it is locked before rolling.
Belts and suspenders! I use Velcro One Wrap just as you described. Works fine. I also used the Velcro One Wrap around the Dometic case awning on my Scamp. Case awnings are NOT impervious to unfurling. Case awning straps are one of Larry Gamble's biggest sellers on the Little House Customs site... for a reason.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:06 AM   #405

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Belts and suspenders! I use Velcro One Wrap just as you described. Works fine. I also used the Velcro One Wrap around the Dometic case awning on my Scamp. Case awnings are NOT impervious to unfurling. Case awning straps are one of Larry Gamble's biggest sellers on the Little House Customs site... for a reason.
good advice.....
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:12 PM   #406
GCS

Trailer: 1976 Aljo
I still think that the front window looks strange. Too small. Rear window is spot on.
GCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #407

Trailer: Escape 19
I have to agree with you on the older look... I like the older style awning and the support arms seems a little sturdier to me, not so keen on the new one !
Bluegrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:29 AM   #408

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
This thread is so long,with good discussion, that by the time I finished reading it the new body style is beginning to grow on me.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:14 PM   #409

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Say what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post
I still think that the front window looks strange. Too small. Rear window is spot on.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:03 AM   #410

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post
Are you thinking of getting the 21 ? You can as a option get the small window in front . The 19 if you are thinking of getting has the larger window centered in front . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote