2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2016, 11:39 AM   #121

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
That's pretty much the consensus on other RV forums that have had the frameless Windows for some time now. Also seem to report at first glance a number of mechanical issues with them. My question if I was going to order would be is there still a capability to get the thermal framed Windows rather than the frameless, or is the frameless the only option.
wondering the same thing!...customer driven 2017 options?
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:44 AM   #122

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
MyronL, can I ask why the old awning made you nervous? Was their something wrong with it?
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:49 AM   #123

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I doubt it. Straight in unobstructed trumps a circuitous route anytime. For those of us who like a natural breeze without having to run a fan the slider would be superior.
I get that. Im only referring to the ability for the trailer to circulate air. Personally I don't want my trailer to be a wind tunnel, and don't mind using the fan to maintain temps. If I want a good breeze I take a few steps out the front door. Its all good!
Daubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #124

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Changes in the 19' Features:
Added to Kitchen Area
  • Black 2 Burner Cooktop

This was added close to two months ago. We were originally going to get an upgrade to stainless as I didn't like the white, which is what it was when I started working on the build sheet in early December. At the end of January/very early February I looked again at the standards sheet and noticed it was black, which would have been my preference. Got it switched and Sarah said they had just changed that standard feature.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:59 AM   #125

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Like some others, I prefer the look of the Classic; however, I'm sure the new 19' will prove very popular. The newer awning does look a little less sturdy than the old but I'm sure it's just fine; however, I wonder how the screen room works with the new awning ... or is there a screen room anymore? Adding a screen room without additional bracing seems sketchy due to the additional weight.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #126

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
No, I never had a problem with the awning. I rarely used it. Repetition being the best teacher, that may be why my comfort level has remained low. I am also mentally lazy when I want to be. Two other reasons could be worry it could unfurl when driving (highly unlikely) and, when backing the trailer up in my yard, I kissed the rear lower arm bracket and had to replace that, twice.

This newer awning has a much cleaner, more secure look for me.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:11 PM   #127

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
WOW Reace and Tammy. That's a beautiful rig!! Your trailers just keep getting better, how can that be? You guys are awesome.

Congratulations!

Dave & Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:23 PM   #128

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post

This newer awning has a much cleaner, more secure look for me.
One of the biggest things I like, is that it looks great stowed. No coil of fabric left exposed. Of course it needs to work open too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:39 PM   #129

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
The flat door may not have the character of the old, but the new one does solve a couple issues with the old. The screen won't pull out of the track all the time, and no gaps in the door.
I was wondering about that with the old style screen door. I could just see myself yanking that thing out all the time. However, in the Jayco motorhome I rented, using the screen door was rather a PITA at times. So, not sure which style screen door would be better (for me, at least).

Dirk works with composites at Boeing and he says it can be tricky getting them just right, such as the door for the trailer, so he wasn't surprised to hear about gaps and such. The new style door will save ETI tons of labor along in not molding it and fixing any problems before delivery or later on.

I just looked at the info for the 21' on their site and the frig listed is actually smaller than before - 6.0 now and was 6.7 cu ft before.

Can't wait until we're told it's okay to come up to view the new style trailers, both inside and outside. Wonder when the interiors will be finished.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:45 PM   #130

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
main concern about the frame-less is the possibility of less ventilation than the sliders...trailer could be a real oven in warmer climates and yes an ac might resolve that but not in the boondocks....
yeah i'll admit as a Southern California resident who boondocks a lot in the desert.... the reduced (compared to sliders) ventilation with the frame-less is a drag!!

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:51 PM   #131

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I too am torn about the screen change. The old style was nice in that it did not have to swing it with the door every time you went in and out, but it was quite wimpy, and required flat gables on the side to mount to.

I tried the new style when I was at Escape 3 weeks ago, and quite like it. It was quite solid, and worked good, much better than the one on my old stock built.

We found the 5.0 cf fridge to be a good size, so 6.0 will be plenty for us. Almost luxurious. I checked out the new fridge online, and if looks great.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:54 PM   #132
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
The power awning surprised me. It looks to be a Dometic 9500 series - and they aren't cheap. About 2 grand for the 13 footer. Part of the price increase for the 2017 has to take that into account.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I too am torn about the screen change. The odd style was nice in that it did not have to seeing with the door everyone you hi in and out, but was quite wimpy, and required flat tables on the side to mount to.

I tried the new style when I was at Escape 3 weeks ago, and quite like it. It was quite solid, and worked good, much better than the one on my old stock built.
Is it the type that is probably standard in RVs? Where it's a separate door and has a black plastic slider on it that you move back and forth to reach the inside lock. (Least I think that's how it works - going off an almost year old memory here as I haven't looked at standard RVs since I got back from that rental trip.) And it attaches to the outside door somehow so you can open both at once.

Had they done any interior work when you were there? I'm really curious about the inside of the trailer with the straighter walls. I'm thinking the Bali blinds (that we install, not ETI, for those wondering) will hang much better, so I was thrilled to learn about the straighter walls some months back.

Did you see (or know) where the medicine cabinet will be installed? We're not getting the sink in the bathroom as I want more room in there when taking a shower, so I'm wondering if that will cut into the space I was trying to acquire. And how tightly sealing is it so your stuff inside doesn't get all wet.

Fortunately we have some time to figure out if we want to switch to the 2017 version or stick with the 2016 version. And I've got time to research the new awning, frig and anything else that might pop up as new options or features. And to figure out the new price vs what we already paid.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:09 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I tried the new style when I was at Escape 3 weeks ago
Forgot to ask - was there any discussion about some of the past problems about the lock? Is there a different type of door lock in the new style door?

Yeah, I know, I'm still freaking about the potential of getting locked in or out of the trailer, even though others have said they never had that problem.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:10 PM   #135

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Wow, I guess I'm kind of late to the party but in looking at both, I would have no problem with either design. One of my favorite sayings is that the only constant thing is change. And the older we are, the harder the changes are to accept.

The only thing that I would worry about on the new design is that it looks like it would take very little wind to do a number on that awning. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:15 PM   #136

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Jim Bennett said: "Not following with the dogs and the screen. Why would they scratch at one type over the other?"

Simply put (and I don't know what I'm talking about) with the current retractable screen door, it would seem to me that you could leave it retracted when the dogs (cats, pet ferrets, whatever pet a person has along with them) were inside, therefore it's not accessible for them to claw at. Seems pet friendly to me!
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:20 PM   #137

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I suspect the screen door on the new model has a frame around it that may make it less likely to be damaged by a bump or a scratch from a pet. The disappearing screen in my 19' is nice, but it can be a bit finicky with possibility of the screen getting bumped out of the track fairly easily.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:43 PM   #138

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
The excitement build up to the first photos did not disappoint . The new model is awesome with some awesome new features , the "Classic " model is awesome with some awesome features ....thinking ETI is just going to get busier and busier . Sure would hate to be in the position of having to choose right now - meaning between those that have a time slot for the 16 about to be and stepping back for the new one ! Wow ..... good luck folks ..... but either way this was and continues to be the nicest FGRV available iourho............ Congratulations Tammy , Reace and all ETI !
Old 03-22-2016, 01:56 PM   #139

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21RB
I think the new model is well thought out and a nice balance of old versus new features.
gharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:10 PM   #140

Power awning

Some info I found on the Dometic awning:

Dometic awning 9500 E - iRV2 Forums

Oh joy.

Granted, the last post was in 2014, but still!