2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2016, 11:01 PM   #61

Trailer: 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ
Talking

I will definitely be in Lynden tomorrow night. I am so glad
To have my orientation tomorrow. We'll be having a mini celebration rally!
Sandyb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:03 PM   #62

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Congrats Sandy and enjoy, enjoy. You can give first hand accounts of the new trailer designs as well.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:08 PM   #63

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyb12 View Post
I will definitely be in Lynden tomorrow night. I am so glad
To have my orientation tomorrow. We'll be having a mini celebration rally!
We need to pick up some firewood!
Take_a_hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:19 PM   #64

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The 19 standards on the website reflects the new changes as well as standard2 burner black stove and ss sink with single lever chrome faucet, medicine cabinet.
As we are in the pickle to decide old or new version, I would like to see specs, standard features and option lists from old and new version listed beside each other to compare. It's very nice ETI put on the new one right away, but now the old is gone (should have printed it off)
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:23 PM   #65

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take_a_hike View Post
I like the larger rear window in the 19 classic.
If you mean the rearmost curbside window... I don't think there's a difference. The two images Donna showed are not to the same scale, so it's hard to judge by viewing them together. I opened them both in photo editors, and in both cases with window length appears to be twice the wheel diameter (or 30").
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:44 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The 19 standards on the website reflects the new changes as well as standard2 burner black stove and ss sink with single lever chrome faucet, medicine cabinet.
Too bad.

I see the the Features list also has other 2017 items:
  • 12’ Dometic Electric Awning
  • Integrated Screen Door
... but it still shows a 20 Gallon (not "larger 28 gallon fresh water tank").
The Pictures are still the first version.

Unfortunately, this is like the situation with the transition from 5.0 to 5.0TA a couple years ago: there's no way to know whether a particular section has been updated (unless you already know what to look for, in which case you don't need the web site). Have the Specifications changed? Who knows... There's no way to compare versions.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:52 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
As we are in the pickle to decide old or new version, I would like to see specs, standard features and option lists from old and new version listed beside each other to compare. It's very nice ETI put on the new one right away, but now the old is gone (should have printed it off)

It looks like perhaps only the 19 Foot Features have been updated. You can still save (by printing if you must, or save the page on your computer, or "print" it to a PDF file...) the other tabs and the pages for the other models, at least some of which have not changed. For instance, the 17 Foot Features still shows a Fiesta awning, although the 5.0TA shows the new "12’ Dometic Electric Awning".
Old 03-21-2016, 11:57 PM   #68

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
It looks less like an egg and more like a stick of white butter. That's not a judgement, just an observation.

All I really care about is that it's not any taller. Any taller and it would require major changes to my garage, instead of the realitivly minor ones we had planned to fit the classic.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:01 AM   #69

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Dometic 9500 Power Case Awning
This design is typically found on high-end Class A motorhomes and custom RVs and specialty vehicles. The biggest one I've seen was on the side of an IndyCar team transporter, running most of the length of the trailer and extending over the entire width of the service area beside it - at least 3 metres (10 feet).

The supports for the new awning are metal - they're just horizontal, rather than vertical or angled down from the outer edge of the awning to the bottom of the trailer.

The supporting arms are not immediately apparent, but you can see them under the fabric. They fold horizontally, instead of telescoping or folding down. Dometic's online descriptions are lousy, but the beginning of the video posted by Camping World shows the arms pretty clearly.

The arms need to be really substantial, as would any beam only a few centimetres (inches) high reaching out that far; the 16-foot version of this awning (assuming I've found the right one) weighs 46 kg (102 lb)... this one is shorter and so lighter, but it's still a substantial chunk of hardware... presumably at least 36 kg or 78 lb.

This is certainly a major change! Reace, the mounting recess is apparent, but what did you need to go in the body structure to handle the forces on the awning mounting area? The weight of the awning (and vertical loads due to winds) multiplied by the long lever arm of the awning extension is a lot of torque. I've never seen this type of awning on a fiberglass shell structure like this.

The previous awning design required bending of the awning arms to follow the curved side of the trailer. Some other awning designs were impractical due to that curve. It's interesting that an awning that is not affected by curved walls is introduced at the same time as flat trailer sides.
Just wondering , looks like the awning will hold water . How do you tilt it on one side ? We use those clappers for holding awning in light breezes ? Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:07 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
It looks less like an egg and more like a stick of white butter.

The Trillium, and trailers inspired by it such as Escapes, were always much less egg-shaped than (for instance) Bolers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
All I really care about is that it's not any taller. Any taller and it would require major changes to my garage, instead of the realitivly minor ones we had planned to fit the classic.
It is apparently about the same height, but who knows if it is exactly the same? The Specifications page probably hasn't been updated, and any individual spec may or may not have changed. The ends look the same so the body length presumably hasn't changed, but the roof profile definitely has changed so the height might be different.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:09 AM   #71

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouterse View Post
I may be a bit biased, and obviously in the minority here, but personally I prefer the old look.

please don't shoot me

Jack
Your not alone . I have been trying to sit on my hands but I can't any longer . Was a little taken back when I saw pictures . Really glad I have trailer and my door . Please don't shoot me either . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:11 AM   #72

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
I especially like the new awning, in that it need not be fully extended when there isn't room for it or if conditions are too windy.
You don't have to fully open the current awning either.
Attached Thumbnails
Awning half open.jpg  
Old 03-22-2016, 12:22 AM   #73

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
That new awning would make me nervous and the old door beats the new one, at lease in the looks department. Wonder what the new storage box will look like.(if there is a new one)
Old 03-22-2016, 12:31 AM   #74

I just realized that the Wayback Machine is still operational... so earlier versions of web pages can be retrieved, including The 19 Foot Escape - Features.

Changes in the 19' Features:
Added to Kitchen Area
  • Black 2 Burner Cooktop
  • Stainless Steel Sink with Single Lever Chrome Faucet
Changed in Kitchen Area
  • 5 Cubic ft. 3-way Dometic Fridge
    replaces 4.3 Cubic ft. 3-way Dometic Fridge
Added to Complete Bathroom
  • Medicine Cabinet with Mirror
Added to Exterior
  • Additional Set of High Mounted Brake Lights
Changes in Exterior
  • 12’ Dometic Electric Awning
    replaces 12′-3″ Fiesta Awning (7′ extension)
  • Integrated Screen Door
    replaces Screen Door (Side-to-Side Retractable)
Changes to Holding Tanks
  • 28 Gal Fresh Water Tank
    replaces 20 Gal. Fresh Water Tank
The fresh tank size has been updated since my earlier post this evening... this content is a moving target, and not necessarily changing one whole page at a time.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:33 AM   #75
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
2017 19' Exterior Photos

Just an opinion

Frameless awning style windows, with an opening rear window!

Cleaner lines without the awning arms.

New Americana fridges with what equates to an ST climate class rating.

Dislikes:
Awning not as sturdy as the Carefree Fiesta, and problematic in breezy conditions.

No more hiding screen.

Door not molded fiberglass.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:39 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Just wondering , looks like the awning will hold water . How do you tilt it on one side ?
It slopes down toward the outside edge; Dometic says the tilt angle is adjustable (5 degrees to 15 degrees, if I recall correctly). The support arms are close to the fabric, so might tend to support the fabric in wet conditions, but I haven't seen one shedding a rainfall. I assume that the only way to tilt one corner down would be to tilt the two support arms differently, but I don't know if this is practical to do, and I would guess not.

I think I would just set the slope as steep as possible, and let the water run off. I can tilt the awnings on my large trailer to one side, but not either awning on my motorhome (one power, one manual, but both the same mechanism) - if overloaded, the awning just tilts down and dumps by itself.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:51 AM   #77

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
The awning in AZ needs to be able to adjust to fairly extreme angles front to back and side to side in order to get maximum usage. Dometic does mention that there is some manual tilt capability, but I can't find any examples of how much or what way. Also, doesn't say anywhere that if you manually tilt does it kill the power retract and wind sensor retract. With the momentary wind gusts we experience down in the SW I could see being all setup for a nice happy hour on the patio and suddenly the awning retracts.
Need more info and demos on how the awning works before it can be assessed, there isn't much info out on it on the web.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:29 AM   #78

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
as WS said "much ado about nothing"
Old 03-22-2016, 01:30 AM   #79

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All...Just trying to get a word in edge wise. Seems the new design has raised more questions than supplied answers. My hope is that it will stand the test of time. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:07 AM   #80

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Reace said above "The windows shown in the photos are all opened as far as they go. "

My concern is that even with all the windows open as much as possible.... i dont think they'd let very much air in.

and i prefer to not run the roof fan much..

the older style of windows could be slid open much wider..... no?

however this new style is better to leave open when there might be a tiny bit of rain, correct?

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote