2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2016, 10:14 AM   #101
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
As we all know, pictures never do anything justice. If you view photos on a monitor taken by world renown photographers, those photos never look as good as the real thing. I'm totally happy with my 2014 5.0TA and am glad I'm no longer in a position where I to need to decide between the two. Best of luck to those that do!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:17 AM   #102

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by msethsmile View Post
If some are on the fence, new vs old: order one with half the windows old style and the other half new style. Problem solved.
main concern about the frame-less is the possibility of less ventilation than the sliders...trailer could be a real oven in warmer climates and yes an ac might resolve that but not in the boondocks.
maybe order it with the standard non-thermal sliders and go to a third party and have the windows changed to thermal sliders..wonder how much that would cost to fix?
ironic a new model introduction and a potential customer is already having to figure out a fix....
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:20 AM   #103

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
I prefer the original version:
  • The new body style coming out of the new moulds seems to have lost much of the character that the original had. Seems a bit more "straight sided" and "boxier" looking than the original.
  • The new door probably resolves some of the issues people had with the old door, but again, they have gone in the direction of functional at the expense of appearance. The old door was very appealing to me.
  • I am not really a fan of adding high tech for the sake of high tech. The older manually operated awning can be more readily repaired by a dumb shmuck like me than the electronic version. If something were to malfunction on the automated version, I would be standing there for a month scratching my head. I like the look of not having the awning arms on the new version, however, I have concerns regarding operation of the awning in winds and rains where the older version could be utilized.
  • I think the new window style is ok. The look will take a bit of getting used to. I never had any issues with the older windows and would probably prefer the overall appearance and operation of the old compared to the new.
  • It is nice that the new door allows more choices for a fridge. That is good.
  • Addition of a medicine cabinet in the bathroom is a definite plus. May have to think about best way to retrofit one into my own 19'.
Overall, I would choose the classic version over the new version. I suppose that in a year or two when everyone is more used to the new version, it may be more appealing. I expect that the new version comes with its own benefits to ETI that will allow them to mass produce more trailers for more people with greater speed and fewer issues. Obviously, those benefits to them outweigh the reduced visual appeal that comes with the new design. I would suggest that ETI keep the old moulds just in case.
My sentiments exactly. Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
The awning can be operated manually too, in case of a problem.

As mentioned above, of all the changes, the awning is still the one thing I am sceptical about, but I bet my concerns will be allayed once we get to know it better. I certainly do like the concept of it.
agree on the awning change...since its standard and not an option and the mold was apparently changed with a depression added to mount the awning..if the high tech awning doesn't work out and it has to be removed...you have a big ugly (opinion) depression in that side of the trailer fiberglass and possibly no other awning choice for a retrofit...there goes the resale value and/or create a third party Escape awning roof filler fix!
Old 03-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #105

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19'
Looks can be deceiving. I doubt that the frameless awning-style Windows will have any less ventilation than the old slider types. With the windows open and the fan on reverse I'm sure plenty of air will pass through the trailer.
Daubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:37 AM   #106

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
agree on the awning change...since its standard and not an option and the mold was apparently changed with a depression added to mount the awning..if the high tech awning doesn't work out and it has to be removed...you have a big ugly (opinion) depression in that side of the trailer fiberglass and possibly no other awning choice for a retrofit...there goes the resale value and/or create a third party Escape awning roof filler fix!
As Reace was evaluating a few different awning options, I have good faith he went with a good one. I am just anxious to see one up close, to evaluate for myself. There are others that would fit.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:41 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubsy View Post
Looks can be deceiving. I doubt that the frameless awning-style Windows will have any less ventilation than the old slider types. With the windows open and the fan on reverse I'm sure plenty of air will pass through the trailer.
I too fail to see the issue here. I never had A/C on my last trailer, and it was rare that I needed to crack more then a couple windows, and set the fan on a low speed, to adequately ventilate.

With at least 5 windows operating, plus ceiling fans, I bet you could replace the air inside in short order, I'd so desired.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #108

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
I agree with you Sean- since they open across the entire width they will offer just as good ventilation and have better view without the frame in the middle. Also, the rear window will now open. To me they are the best feature of the redesign in that they are both aesthetic and functional. May have to get me a new rear window!
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:52 AM   #109

if the options are correct and the extra interior insulation is packaged with the new frame-less windows (if you want thermal windows)..sort of wishing Escape gave us a choice here..with the two things as individual options....thermal frame-less windows and/or extra interior insulation....
Old 03-22-2016, 10:59 AM   #110

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Wait a minute.....is that a seam in the middle of the rear window?
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:00 AM   #111

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19'
Some quick math on the ventilation area of a 2' x 3' window (I don't know what the actual size is)...

Awning type (with a 4" opening): 240"
Sliding type (approximating 1/3 opening): 288"

So it is close. But now that the rear window opens this surely makes up for the difference in open ventilation area. Plus as others pointed out you get more privacy, unbroken view, a sharper look and you can keep them open in the rain.
Daubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:13 AM   #112

Trailer: 2015 Artic Fox 29-5T Fifthwheel
Personally I have never owned, nor even stepped inside an Escape trailer. So I have nothing to compare the new model to the old. What I do know though, is that ETI has a very good reputation for great customer service and extreme pride in their product.
As I have followed this forum since 2013, I have seen many of you purchase, resell, and purchase again, a new style or upgrade. Your commitment to a product that is not the cheapest trailer on the market, is not mass produced for fast delivery, and takes months to actually enjoy, proves to me a loyalty by their customers. Not to mention it reflects on a proven record of commitment by Reace, Tammy and all their employees, to provide a reliable and trustworthy unit.
I will not worry in advance about possible "what ifs". Instead, I will continue to believe from what I have read on this forum, that "if" a problem does come up, Reace and Tammy will be on it.
Rosalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:14 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Wait a minute.....is that a seam in the middle of the rear window?
I saw that too, and wondered if it had to do with the size, and that fact of is operating?
Old 03-22-2016, 11:17 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
I will not worry in advance about possible "what ifs". Instead, I will continue to believe from what I have read on this forum, that "if" a problem does come up, Reace and Tammy will be on it.
Great perception, and good attitude.

I bought my 19 having never seen any more of an Escape that a quick glance driving by. No regrets.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:27 AM   #115

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubsy View Post
Some quick math on the ventilation area of a 2' x 3' window (I don't know what the actual size is)...

Awning type (with a 4" opening): 240"
Sliding type (approximating 1/3 opening): 288"

So it is close. But now that the rear window opens this surely makes up for the difference in open ventilation area. Plus as others pointed out you get more privacy, unbroken view, a sharper look and you can keep them open in the rain.
I doubt it. Straight in unobstructed trumps a circuitous route anytime. For those of us who like a natural breeze without having to run a fan the slider would be superior.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:31 AM   #116

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Dometic awning stress test

mcdonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:33 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I doubt it. Straight in unobstructed trumps a circuitous route anytime. For those of us who like a natural breeze without having to run a fan the slider would be superior.

Ron
amen.....
Old 03-22-2016, 11:34 AM   #118

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post

Ron
That's pretty much the consensus on other RV forums that have had the frameless Windows for some time now. Also seem to report at first glance a number of mechanical issues with them. My question if I was going to order would be is there still a capability to get the thermal framed Windows rather than the frameless, or is the frameless the only option.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:36 AM   #119

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Wonder if the new awning will have a room option. According to the Dometic website there might be.
mcdonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #120

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I like three changes. 1. The new wider door allows for previously prohibited, better fridge options. 2. The old retractable screen door is a bad design and terrible pain. 3. The old manual awning always made me nervous.

Everything else looks just fine to me.