2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2016, 02:29 PM   #141

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
The awning in AZ needs to be able to adjust to fairly extreme angles front to back and side to side in order to get maximum usage. Dometic does mention that there is some manual tilt capability, but I can't find any examples of how much or what way. Also, doesn't say anywhere that if you manually tilt does it kill the power retract and wind sensor retract. With the momentary wind gusts we experience down in the SW I could see being all setup for a nice happy hour on the patio and suddenly the awning retracts.
Need more info and demos on how the awning works before it can be assessed, there isn't much info out on it on the web.
The angles that I mentioned were from one of the Dometic pages which I linked; you're not going to slope this awning radically. I'm sure it's not a tilt as an alternative to power operation - it's simply an adjustment at the base of the arms.

My power awning has the same auto-retract feature, and it has never auto-retracted. The sensitivity can be adjusted. I doubt that unexpected retraction is a significant issue, especially since one is unlikely to be sitting out under it during a storm that would be potentially damaging to it.

I couldn't find a manual for these awnings on the Canada or U.S. versions of the Dometic web site. Dometic's posting of information online is extremely sporadic - almost random. Perhaps someone might contact Dometic and have a PDF version e-mailed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear101 View Post
Here is the link, again I do not know that this is the ETI selection but...

Dometic 9500 Case Awning - RV Patio Awnings - Camping World
Same one that I linked earlier. It is the only awning of this type listed on the Dometic web site.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear101 View Post
I wonder if the air-conditioner is now feature instead of and option?
The Features web page for the 19 Foot has been updated, and does not show the air conditioner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I doubt very much that A/C would be a standard feature. There are lots of folks who never camp where it is needed.
I agree. It makes absolutely no sense to me to include as standard an expensive item which adds undesirable weight on top of the trailer, adds height (causing clearance issues), is not wanted by a significant number of potential buyers, and is so trivially substituted with a common roof vent.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:36 PM   #143

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I too am torn about the screen change. The old style was nice in that it did not have to swing it with the door every time you went in and out,
I'm not. I've had 3 RV's with the new type screen door, 1 Scamp with a bi-fold screen door and the current Escape mesh one.

First of all, we like to keep the interior as bug free as possible. We found the attached type screen door to be a PITA to use in a way that keep bug ingress to a minimum.

The Scamp bi-fold did the job quite well. You never had to let go of it. Pop it open, enter, pop it closed. If the Escape had come with it I'd have been just fine with it.

Love the current Escape screen door. With an added handle we can flip it open, be in or out and flip it closed before any local bugs can get their act together.

To each their own.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:36 PM   #144

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take_a_hike View Post
We need to pick up some firewood!
Sandyb and take a hike, Hope you guys are having a great day. It was long awaited and much deserved! Enjoy!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:41 PM   #145

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The Features web page for the 19 Foot has been updated, and does not show the air conditioner.

I agree. It makes absolutely no sense to me to include as standard an expensive item which adds undesirable weight on top of the trailer, adds height (causing clearance issues), is not wanted by a significant number of potential buyers, and is so trivially substituted with a common roof vent.
Personally I would like to see the furnace become optional. It is not an option I would have chosen.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:47 PM   #146

Trailer: 19 ft. Feb 21 2017
Dometic seems to sell a "Patty O’Room" screen room that according to campingworld is compatible with the Dometic 9500 series.
flatlandreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #147

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Personally I would like to see the furnace become optional. It is not an option I would have chosen.
This is not an option , however one may eliminate the furnace and receive a credit as well as extra cabinet space . We chose not to have the furnace in favour of installing a built in electric heater . At this point in our camping/rv life this suits us very well . Very quiet , clean and easy .
Old 03-22-2016, 02:58 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
This is not an option , however one may eliminate the furnace and receive a credit as well as extra cabinet space .
Good to know. This is what is usually known as a "delete option" in the auto industry.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:06 PM   #149

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
The A.C. Is still listed as an option on the 19. The option list is still a work in progress. We just have to be a little more patient!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:06 PM   #150

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Good to know. This is what is usually known as a "delete option" in the auto industry.
lol.... right ...scrape " This is not an option " ...will remember "delete option"
Old 03-22-2016, 03:07 PM   #151

Trailer: 17
Anyone ever hear of a wave3 heater installed in an escape?
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:13 PM   #152

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
This is not an option , however one may eliminate the furnace and receive a credit as well as extra cabinet space . We chose not to have the furnace in favour of installing a built in electric heater . At this point in our camping/rv life this suits us very well . Very quiet , clean and easy .
Wow, I do wish that I had known about that. I would have definitely eliminated it and gained some more storage space. And probably would have bought one of those little cube heaters if the need ever arose.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:16 PM   #153

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'd hate to have to rely on just an electric furnace while camping. Sometimes electric is not available nor reliable, it is comforting to have a spare heater, the propane furnace. I had an all electric camper and found it to be limiting.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:17 PM   #154

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
DM2663 Frig

Has anyone found information/photo on this frig? I just did a google search and could not find anything. Not even in the US and Canadian 2016 products catalog from Dometic.

Thanks
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:20 PM   #155

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Some info I found on the Dometic awning:

Dometic awning 9500 E - iRV2 Forums

Oh joy.

Granted, the last post was in 2014, but still!
My brother own's one of those huge motorhome's with this awning and hates it and wishes to just have the tried and true awning . This is also my 4 th . What is nice too with the fiesta awning is what you can do with it . When you have a camper you always have to pay attention to your weight you are carrying . Mine was only 9 ft across . Those springs inside were giving me trouble so I pulled them out - I was curious they weighed 78 lbs . Carefree has what is called a "pioneer kit "which has 2 new end caps and a folding arm that you put in a loop on one end and manually roll and unroll . So easy . This kit was 149.00 and we loved it . If I ever have trouble with this awning will get that "pioneer kit" . Less weight too . But so simple . Don't forget Dometic made this awning and we all know how great a company they are . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:26 PM   #156

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm waiting for new interior pictures......what do the windows look like inside?
Old 03-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #157

Re: DM2663 Frig

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Has anyone found information/photo on this frig? I just did a google search and could not find anything. Not even in the US and Canadian 2016 products catalog from Dometic.
The DM 2663 RB is in the Dometic Canada website's list of refrigerators, under "Americana Plus Series".
The Dometic U.S. site also lists the DM 2663 RB as well.
I don't know offhand what the "RB" means.

There are manuals posted for these products.

I didn't find this using Google, either - I suspect that the way Dometic's site generates the web pages keeps Google from effectively indexing them.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:50 PM   #158

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
The DM 2663 RB is in the Dometic Canada website's list of refrigerators, under "Americana Plus Series".
The Dometic U.S. site also lists the DM 2663 RB as well.
I don't know offhand what the "RB" means.

I didn't find this using Google, either - I suspect that the way Dometic's site generates the web pages keeps Google from effectively indexing them.
Thanks Brian! I had searched their site and it would say "item not found" or whatever. Well, I take that back - it would find a manual, but not photos and other info. You have the same search ability my husband has. He can find whatever on the net. I give up after much frustration. Link is now bookmarked!

PS (edit) - what the heck is an "optional insert door panel" for the frig? Does that mean you can get it in different colors or what? Of course a search at their site only gave me frigs that have that option (well, okay I didn't look at all upteen bazillion pages).
Old 03-22-2016, 04:02 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm waiting for new interior pictures......what do the windows look like inside?
ME TOO!!!! (yep, I'm yelling!)

is there an icon for "waving hand wildly in the air"?

Let's see if this works:

Old 03-22-2016, 04:09 PM   #160

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Escape offers the furnace as standard equipment and the AC as an option. When we looked at the Casitas 3 years ago, they had the AC as standard and the furnace as an option. However I now see they are both offered as an option. If you venture very far from home you probably will want both. I will never forget the one night in the Colorado Rockies in the tent. It was beautiful at 4 in the afternoon. At 4 in the morning it was a whole different story. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote