2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #161

Trailer: 2015 Artic Fox 29-5T Fifthwheel
Cute! NW CatOwner
Rosalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:17 PM   #162

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Has anyone found information/photo on this frig? I just did a google search and could not find anything. Not even in the US and Canadian 2016 products catalog from Dometic.

Thanks
Built-In Refrigerators - Dometic Corp
Old 03-22-2016, 04:33 PM   #163

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Escape offers the furnace as standard equipment and the AC as an option. When we looked at the Casitas 3 years ago, they had the AC as standard and the furnace as an option...
There's the difference between Rice TX and Chilliwack BC.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:36 PM   #164

Question hmmmm.....

Question........ am I to understand that the new frameless windows only come as an "option" with the extra insulation?

"Extra Insulation & Frame-less Thermal Windows (Includes Opening Rear Window, Frt. Window with Rock Shield Non-Thermal).*
$1,000.00"

So what do I get if I do not want the extra insulation?
Old 03-22-2016, 04:40 PM   #165
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
If you get the Frame-less Thermal Windows (or the dual-panes in the Classics) you really do want the extra insulation. Remember, that is different than the sprayed-on-foam insulation.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:42 PM   #166

Quote:
... what the heck is an "optional insert door panel" for the frig? Does that mean you can get it in different colors or what?.
The refrigerator is available with no appearance panel, for RV manufacturers who want to insert their own panels, usually to match the cabinet doors. Optionally, Dometic will supply a panel for each door - I don't think there's a choice of colour, but it might be reversible (perhaps black on one side, white or "stainless steel" look on the other). Whether from Dometic or custom, the panels are held in place by the bezel surrounding the door - the panel slides in from the top.

If you don't have panel inserted, you see the foil face of some insulation - the refrigerator is not intended to be left that way.

Escape could presumably put raised-panel wood inserts on the refrigerator, to match the cabinets (like I have in my motorhome), but that just seems like pointless expense and weight to me.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:46 PM   #167

Trailer: 2012 15A
I read the question to mean "What windows come with the trailer if you do not get the thermal option?"
So what do the non-thermal windows looks like? Are they frame less as well, but single pane glass?
I guess we all have to wait to see unless someone has an insider answer!
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:06 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
Question........ am I to understand that the new frameless windows only come as an "option" with the extra insulation?

"Extra Insulation & Frame-less Thermal Windows (Includes Opening Rear Window, Frt. Window with Rock Shield Non-Thermal).*
$1,000.00"

I assume that if you don't get the optional insulation and thermal window package, then you get "frameless" non-thermal (single pane) windows; however, the new and previous windows are presumably interchangeable so I suppose the non-thermal package could be the previous traditional sliders.

The updated 19' features list does not describe the windows, and Reace hasn't yet (as far as I have seen) described the window situation fully.

It is not clear to me whether the frameless windows shown in Reace's photos are single-pane or double-pane (thermal).
Old 03-22-2016, 05:09 PM   #169

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Not only is not including a propane furnace limiting to the owner, it would make resale difficult.
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:20 PM   #170

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Some info I found on the Dometic awning:

Dometic awning 9500 E - iRV2 Forums

Oh joy.

Granted, the last post was in 2014, but still!
ouch! well if Escape has a two year warranty and that includes the standard awning guess they just replace them if they fail...could be a real bust for Escape if they have to replace some of them under warranty....wonder if Dometic will back the warranty for two years..guess Escape is comfortable rolling the dice.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:30 PM   #171

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I assume that if you don't get the optional insulation and thermal window package, then you get "frameless" non-thermal (single pane) windows; however, the new and previous windows are presumably interchangeable so I suppose the non-thermal package could be the previous traditional sliders.

The updated 19' features list does not describe the windows, and Reace hasn't yet (as far as I have seen) described the window situation fully.

It is not clear to me whether the frameless windows shown in Reace's photos are single-pane or double-pane (thermal).
received this info previously..
"Thank you for your email. The window style currently used for single glazed will remain the same. However, in the 2017 model, you will get frameless windows if you choose the double glazed winter package. We are staying with our current window manufacturer, Hehr."
Escape will probably clarify if something changed since early March info.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:31 PM   #172

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Is it the type that is probably standard in RVs? Where it's a separate door and has a black plastic slider on it that you move back and forth to reach the inside lock. (Least I think that's how it works - going off an almost year old memory here as I haven't looked at standard RVs since I got back from that rental trip.) And it attaches to the outside door somehow so you can open both at once.

Had they done any interior work when you were there? I'm really curious about the inside of the trailer with the straighter walls. I'm thinking the Bali blinds (that we install, not ETI, for those wondering) will hang much better, so I was thrilled to learn about the straighter walls some months back.

Did you see (or know) where the medicine cabinet will be installed? We're not getting the sink in the bathroom as I want more room in there when taking a shower, so I'm wondering if that will cut into the space I was trying to acquire. And how tightly sealing is it so your stuff inside doesn't get all wet.

Fortunately we have some time to figure out if we want to switch to the 2017 version or stick with the 2016 version. And I've got time to research the new awning, frig and anything else that might pop up as new options or features. And to figure out the new price vs what we already paid.
The screen is similar to what you describe, I forget exactly how it works but I don't think it had one of those sliding panels, I think it was something round. I guess I could have paid more attention, but that was not a focus of my visit, and it is what it is. I am going with it regardless.

Nothing was done inside. The shell had the door and belly band on it, that's it. It didn't even have the new axle length under it yet.

Though I knew of the medicine cabinet, I did not think to ask where it is. Again, this wasn't a focus for me, another "It is what it will be"

Quote:
Forgot to ask - was there any discussion about some of the past problems about the lock? Is there a different type of door lock in the new style door?

Yeah, I know, I'm still freaking about the potential of getting locked in or out of the trailer, even though others have said they never had that problem.
No idea on this either, the one I had on my '09 worked great for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I'm not. I've had 3 RV's with the new type screen door, 1 Scamp with a bi-fold screen door and the current Escape mesh one.

First of all, we like to keep the interior as bug free as possible. We found the attached type screen door to be a PITA to use in a way that keep bug ingress to a minimum.

The Scamp bi-fold did the job quite well. You never had to let go of it. Pop it open, enter, pop it closed. If the Escape had come with it I'd have been just fine with it.

Love the current Escape screen door. With an added handle we can flip it open, be in or out and flip it closed before any local bugs can get their act together.

To each their own.

Ron
Not sure what you are disagreeing with me on. Your points are the reasons I liked the sliding screen. However, it required a lot of tweaking, and added quite a bit up bulk, taking up space inside.

I would love something like it, but made a lot better.

I don't imagine they will be around a lot longer either, they are fairly dated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'd hate to have to rely on just an electric furnace while camping. Sometimes electric is not available nor reliable, it is comforting to have a spare heater, the propane furnace. I had an all electric camper and found it to be limiting.
I totally agree. I would be most nights we camp we have had to make use of the propane furnace, as it was the only option when boondocking. Without it, cold temps are not the worst fear, it is the huge amount of condensation that would form in the cold air, and cause damage inside.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:34 PM   #173

After seeing that first shell that came out of the moulds 3 weeks ago, to what Reace showed photos of today, they must have been busy. No doubt a ton of work to do inside, making new templates, and getting everything to fit.

Trust me, there is a lot of good to come from the flatter sides, not just a better, wider door, and new windows.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-22-2016, 06:01 PM   #174

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19' - 2013 Chevy Silverado
New 2017,

We picked up our 2016 19' Escape Classic this afternoon......and we're lucky enough to take a peek at the new 2017 19' Escape......after seeing the pictures on the forum.....I thought it was lacking some character....BUT after seeing it in person or trailer.....it is a very nice unit.The windows provided adequate air flow, the back window is a split window so you can open either side (cool). The flat door is really well made and has a screen door that has a frame. I think anyone ordering the NEW 2017 will be very happy with the changes.....Congrats to Tammy and Reace! Can't wait to see the next trailer is a different Colorado graphics!
Old 03-22-2016, 06:03 PM   #175

That's suppose to say.....colour graphics
Old 03-22-2016, 06:13 PM   #176

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Looks like "Blackjack's" style graphics on the new 19', cpaharley2008....just saying...
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #177

Funny.....you said the same thing that I said to Reace!
Old 03-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #178

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Congrats Dale n Wendy on your new 19! Enjoy...
Good report on the 2017, sometimes pictures just can't convey like an up close look.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:24 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
We picked up our 2016 19' Escape Classic this afternoon......and we're lucky enough to take a peek at the new 2017 19' Escape......after seeing the pictures on the forum.....I thought it was lacking some character....BUT after seeing it in person or trailer.....it is a very nice unit.The windows provided adequate air flow, the back window is a split window so you can open either side (cool). The flat door is really well made and has a screen door that has a frame. I think anyone ordering the NEW 2017 will be very happy with the changes.....Congrats to Tammy and Reace! Can't wait to see the next trailer is a different Colorado graphics!
Good to hear your praise. Things often look better in person, as Donna had already alluded to.

An thanks for the confirmation on the rear spilt window, and how it operates. That does sound cool.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:24 PM   #180

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
We picked up our 2016 19' Escape Classic this afternoon......and we're lucky enough to take a peek at the new 2017 19' Escape......after seeing the pictures on the forum.....I thought it was lacking some character....BUT after seeing it in person or trailer.....it is a very nice unit.The windows provided adequate air flow, the back window is a split window so you can open either side (cool). The flat door is really well made and has a screen door that has a frame. I think anyone ordering the NEW 2017 will be very happy with the changes.....Congrats to Tammy and Reace! Can't wait to see the next trailer is a different colour graphics!
Pictures? Did you get to go inside? Otherwise how could you tell about airflow? Was there any interior work done yet? Did the screen door seem pretty easy to use? Did they deploy the awning?

Interesting on the split window in the back.

Thanks for the info. The agony of waiting for more detailed info, photos and prices! And then deciding which version to get.

That was great that you got to compare the two different versions of the 19'.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote