2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2016, 06:31 PM   #181

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Trust me, there is a lot of good to come from the flatter sides, not just a better, wider door, and new windows.
I'm not questioning that there are several consequences of flat sides - mostly good - but the window style does not appear to be one of them. The old windows are still used if the optional thermal package is not selected (thanks freespirit), fitting in the same places. Both styles of window fit only flat walls, and (like almost every other RV except some van conversions) the body always had flat areas anywhere a glass window could be placed. Aside from Escape's standard and optional equipment choices, physically either body style could use either window style.

The wacky Bonair Oxygen was one of the rare exceptions, using custom curved opening trapezoidal glass windows (but a flat door!); Reace is too sensible for that kind of design mistake.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:57 PM   #182

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
The agony of waiting ....
Agony? I see it as excitement. Fun stuff is always exciting for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I'm not questioning that there are several consequences of flat sides - mostly good - but the window style does not appear to be one of them. The old windows are still used if the optional thermal package is not selected (thanks freespirit), fitting in the same places. Both styles of window fit only flat walls, and (like almost every other RV except some van conversions) the body always had flat areas anywhere a glass window could be placed. Aside from Escape's standard and optional equipment choices, physically either body style could use either window style.

The wacky Bonair Oxygen was one of the rare exceptions, using custom curved opening trapezoidal glass windows (but a flat door!); Reace is too sensible for that kind of design mistake.
You may not realize it, but I might just be brighter than you give me credit for. I fool lots of folks that way.

Case in point, I did already realize that both window styles fit on a flat plane, thus the flattened sections where windows had to go in the old shells. The new ones allow them to go anywhere, other than the front and rear which have not changed shape on the new shell.

What makes you say that the old style windows will be used if staying with single glazed?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:00 PM   #183

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
I totally agree. I would be most nights we camp we have had to make use of the propane furnace, as it was the only option when boondocking. Without it, cold temps are not the worst fear, it is the huge amount of condensation that would form in the cold air, and cause damage inside.
Omg ...we do not tolerate cold or even cool weather without heat .... our built in electric heater easily keeps our little 15ft gem nice and warm , we really don't boondock anymore . We've become picky( being a couple of old croaks ) about where we park , full hookups only . When it starts getting close minus 10c overnight -while it still is warm in the trailer -we think that is generally a good time to head home . No weeping walls here !
Old 03-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #184

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
... I did already realize that both window styles fit on a flat plane, thus the flattened sections where windows had to go in the old shell.
I'm not surprised that you understand that, Jim - it just looked like you listed the new windows as if they were an advantage of the flat walls, and as we agree they're not.

Quote:
The new ones allow them to go anywhere, other than the front and rear which have not changed shape on the new shell.
The new entirely flat side walls do give greater freedom in window placement, but it's hard to imagine wanting windows in an Escape extending down across the area which was not already flat, especially since the waist seam is still there... although many large trailers and motorhomes do have nearly floor-to-ceiling windows in areas with no cabinetry against the wall.

Quote:
What makes you say that the old style windows will be used if staying with single glazed?
freespirit's post, in which he quoted Escape staff as saying this (my emphasis on the relevant part):
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
received this info previously..
"Thank you for your email.
The window style currently used for single glazed will remain the same. However, in the 2017 model, you will get frameless windows if you choose the double glazed winter package. We are staying with our current window manufacturer, Hehr."
Escape will probably clarify if something changed since early March info.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:38 PM   #185

Trailer: 2012 15A
Quote:
Case in point, I did already realize that both window styles fit on a flat plane, thus the flattened sections where windows had to go in the old shells. The new ones allow them to go anywhere, other than the front and rear which have not changed shape on the new shell.
The new 2017 photos show the new window installed on the rear of the trailer??
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:39 PM   #186

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
Hmm...not very impressed. I've read on other forums the auto-awning is awful and breaks regularly. As for the windows, the window opening scissor mechanism comes unglued from the window, they fail to seal well and develop leaks. The door seems like an improvement but the screen door is awful. I have one on my current truck camper and it's always a pain. The latch doesn't hold, the door is open when you want it closed or vice versa. The dang slider to open the outside door is a pain. I hate it.

I still want an Escape, but I'm really hoping they haven't changed the 17ft the way they have the 19ft.

As for an Olympic Wave heater...I have the 6000 BTU model and it works great. No fan so no electric draw. It's in a pop up truck camper and I can say that on it's lowest setting of 3,000 BTU it will keep the camper about 30 degrees warmer than outside. On 6,000BTU it will have it at 80 in no time. If you only use a heater occasionally then I'd get the regular heater. They tend to warm up the camper quicker. But if you camp in cold weather regularly then get the Wave heater. Just my humble opinion.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:44 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
freespirit's post, in which he quoted Escape staff as saying this (my emphasis on the relevant part):
I can't be 100% positive, but I do know I never heard anything but the frameless discussed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post

The new 2017 photos show the new window installed on the rear of the trailer??
Yes, that is a new window. What I was referring to was that on the sides the new windows could go anywhere, though with the layouts staying the same, they are not likely to move much at all. On the back where the profile did not change, they can just go where it is moulded flat, though that is just about across the entire trailer.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-22-2016, 07:47 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by advenas View Post
The door seems like an improvement but the screen door is awful. I have one on my current truck camper and it's always a pain. The latch doesn't hold, the door is open when you want it closed or vice versa. The dang slider to open the outside door is a pain. I hate it.
How can you be certain the make and model of the door in the Escape is the same as the one you have?
Old 03-22-2016, 07:49 PM   #189

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
From the side by side pictures it looks like the new one slopes up a bit in the back behind the wheels to the bumper. May be nice to have that extra inch or two of clearance pulling in and out of driveways/gas stations.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:50 PM   #190

Trailer: 2013 19ft Escape "Eggy Sue"
Mozzarella Escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
It looks less like an egg and more like a stick of white butter. That's not a judgement, just an observation.
My wife thinks it looks like a ball of Mozzarella cheese. And who doesn't love cheese!

Peter

Attached Thumbnails
mozzarella escape.JPG  
2002 Toyota Tundra 4X4
peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:50 PM   #191

Thanks Jim B. I understand now that you were referring to window locations/relocations.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:53 PM   #192

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
For what it's worth I have worked on and replaced these windows and from a glaziers point of view they are pretty good. Have never seen any failures that haven't been caused by stupidity, rocks and a RV salesman.

Cheers
Doug
Old 03-22-2016, 07:54 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter View Post
My wife thinks it look like a ball of Mozzarella cheese. And who doesn't love cheese!

Peter

Love it[emoji23]

Cheers
Doug
Old 03-22-2016, 07:56 PM   #194

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
For what it's worth I have worked on and replaced these windows and from a glaziers point of view they are pretty good. Have never seen any failures that haven't been caused by stupidity, rocks and a RV salesman.

Cheers
Doug
Are you talking about the frameless style?
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:56 PM   #195

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by advenas View Post
Hmm...not very impressed. I've read on other forums the auto-awning is awful and breaks regularly. As for the windows, the window opening scissor mechanism comes unglued from the window, they fail to seal well and develop leaks. The door seems like an improvement but the screen door is awful. I have one on my current truck camper and it's always a pain. The latch doesn't hold, the door is open when you want it closed or vice versa. The dang slider to open the outside door is a pain. I hate it.

I still want an Escape, but I'm really hoping they haven't changed the 17ft the way they have the 19ft.

As for an Olympic Wave heater...I have the 6000 BTU model and it works great. No fan so no electric draw. It's in a pop up truck camper and I can say that on it's lowest setting of 3,000 BTU it will keep the camper about 30 degrees warmer than outside. On 6,000BTU it will have it at 80 in no time. If you only use a heater occasionally then I'd get the regular heater. They tend to warm up the camper quicker. But if you camp in cold weather regularly then get the Wave heater. Just my humble opinion.
Forgot interesting you mentioned the new frameless Windows as well as the awning ,after 1 year my brother had to have all the frameless Windows on his Winnebago replaced on his Class A because of problems . There is lots of information out there on these items anyone can find them . I can only speak for watching my brother having issues with these newer items . As for the door since I have experience with that . Pita. The slider is a lot better . I really don't care for the looks that are coming ,but that is just my opinion. Other may love it , nothing wrong with that . Bigger fresh water tank is great , lights etc. , some improvements . Instead of those items a better maybe aluminum frame and better step would of been better to improve . The Classic is a very nice looking trailer . I really don't think seeing this choice , I would of purchased . Really don't like it's look . That being said , I don't want to put anyone down who likes this new 2017 . It is good we all don't think alike . I was waiting for improvements and I am disappointed . If it was up to me I would grab the 2016 's . That is just my opinion. Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:57 PM   #196
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post

Cheers
Doug
Hummm, I already have ONE window like this... kinda/sorta... hinged at the top. It's a double-pane egress window...with that blasted bar that digs in your back when it's open. Wonder how these new frame-less windows stay open? Interesting
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:59 PM   #197

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If you look at the pictures closely there is a tiny scissors latch at the bottom of the window that is between the wall and the glass.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:02 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter View Post
My wife thinks it looks like a ball of Mozzarella cheese. And who doesn't love cheese!

Peter
That's great.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:07 PM   #199

Quote:
Are you talking about the frameless style?

Yes

Cheers
Doug
Old 03-22-2016, 08:36 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hummm, I already have ONE window like this... kinda/sorta... hinged at the top. It's a double-pane egress window...with that blasted bar that digs in your back when it's open. Wonder how these new frame-less windows stay open? Interesting
I guess that leads to the next question - egress window.
I wonder if it opens differently from the new style one on the other side or still similar to how the present egress window opens?

Sure would be nice to get rid of that egress window handle that you referred to Donna. Safety trumps comfort in that case I guess??