2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 13 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2016, 12:37 PM   #241

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
Speaking for myself only and no disrepect intended to the forum, I have been looking at buying an Escape 17B for several months. So obviously at the current moment I don't own an Escape trailer. I've been researching RV's for quite some time and the fact that Escape had their 2016 production sold out was a plus to me...disappointing...but still a plus. They appear from everything I've read and heard to be a very good company. I've been willing to wait and see about buying a 2017 given the good customer service and quality product I've heard about.

As for the new changes, they appear to be well thought out. I can see where some of the Escape changes might be industry driven as older products are phased out by product manufacturers and Escape has to adapt. I can also see where as Escape expands their production they have to change components to speed up production and keep their costs in line. Not to mention eliminating potential issues. Case in point..the frame windows require butyl tape which is a pain to apply and if not done right will result in a leak. The new frameless windows are a rubber seal...easier to install, seal well so fewer leaks, etc. Same with the awning in that it is easier to install, etc.

Having said all this it is only natural for me to go see what the changes will mean for me as a potential new owner, weigh the differences and determine if the changes suit my needs. Neither the windows or the awing suit my needs. Both have problems I'm not real keen on dealing with. Potential solution is to source my own framed windows and have Escape install them as well as an old style awning. Might cost me more...but then I get what I need. When this all shakes out...you have to be happy with what you buy. And I sincerely hope the changes are beneficial to Escape and it's customers.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:43 PM   #242
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
If you're like me, you sometimes have to 'think out loud'. This can be taken as wild speculation by some. I haven't seen any comments on this thread so far that are inappropriate or out of the ordinary. Just folks weighing the pros and cons of the new design - and that's good.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:52 PM   #243

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
If ETI waited and put out the pictures, specs, and features when the entire 'package' was complete then people would have the information they need and ask less questions.

People who are potential a Escape purchasers have every right to discuss their questions and concerns on this Forum. Let's remember This Forum is not "owned" by ETI or Escape trailer owners.

And .. All of the posts I have read are much more civil then the US Presidential Debates ....
Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:56 PM   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
Great news..
"Thank you for your email.
After taking your idea to Reace, we have decided to offer the window packages as single pane non-thermal, double glazed thermal with extra insulation, and new frameless double glazed with extra insulation, on the 2017 models. The extra insulation is automatically paired with both double glazed windows in all 2017 models. Hopefully this will make everybody happy. J
Customer Service"

now that is "customer driven" !!
this potential customer is back in the line for a 2017 and very happy!
Pat
Old 03-23-2016, 12:57 PM   #245

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I think it may not be fair or prudent to question Escape's decision to offer frameless windows based on internet postings or comments on other websites. I have several friends who have experienced leak problems with frameless windows on their new stick built trailers. I would attribute the issue with leaking more to faulty or haphazard installation than to design flaws with the window. With Escape's reputation for doing things the right way , I would doubt that Escape owners will face the same issues. Even the best product if improperly assembled or installed can be a source of problems.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:59 PM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
If you're like me, you sometimes have to 'think out loud'. This can be taken as wild speculation by some. I haven't seen any comments on this thread so far that are inappropriate or out of the ordinary. Just folks weighing the pros and cons of the new design - and that's good.
Pat
Old 03-23-2016, 01:05 PM   #247

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
And another thought - by "thinking out loud" you can also get feedback from others that have been in the same situation or know someone that has the same product or whatever. You can also find out that others are thinking of it differently than you are and that's a good thing (sometimes! HA!).

My husband says he's fine with either design, so it's up to me to decide. But he said, once I decide, I can't bitch about it. Oh man! That might be tough. But, seriously, I know what he means. That's why I'm anxiously awaiting the word that we can trundle up to the factory to view one in person, both inside and out. I'll take lots of photos as well!

I've also asked ETI if it'll be possible to view both the older and newer styles next to each other (or at least the older style in the back lot where new customers won't be able to see it). I really want to see them side by side, or as close as possible. I want to walk around both styles. I've also asked if I could deploy the awning on both styles.

I'm fine with it being a 19' to compare, even though we have a 21' on order. It'll give me enough of an idea of what it'll be like in a 21'. Unless the 21' will be unveiled shortly.

And, Jim Bennett, that's why it's "agony" to wait. I flip flop from one style to the other in my mind about 50 times each day. Knowing I have to see them in person to really make up my mind, unlike you, who saw the new model in production. Knowing I have to wait. Ack!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:06 PM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by advenas View Post
Speaking for myself only and no disrepect intended to the forum, I have been looking at buying an Escape 17B for several months. So obviously at the current moment I don't own an Escape trailer. I've been researching RV's for quite some time and the fact that Escape had their 2016 production sold out was a plus to me...disappointing...but still a plus. They appear from everything I've read and heard to be a very good company. I've been willing to wait and see about buying a 2017 given the good customer service and quality product I've heard about.

As for the new changes, they appear to be well thought out. I can see where some of the Escape changes might be industry driven as older products are phased out by product manufacturers and Escape has to adapt. I can also see where as Escape expands their production they have to change components to speed up production and keep their costs in line. Not to mention eliminating potential issues. Case in point..the frame windows require butyl tape which is a pain to apply and if not done right will result in a leak. The new frameless windows are a rubber seal...easier to install, seal well so fewer leaks, etc. Same with the awning in that it is easier to install, etc.

Having said all this it is only natural for me to go see what the changes will mean for me as a potential new owner, weigh the differences and determine if the changes suit my needs. Neither the windows or the awing suit my needs. Both have problems I'm not real keen on dealing with. Potential solution is to source my own framed windows and have Escape install them as well as an old style awning. Might cost me more...but then I get what I need. When this all shakes out...you have to be happy with what you buy. And I sincerely hope the changes are beneficial to Escape and it's customers.
I think you commented right on . Last time I looked it is prudent to research what you are purchasing . It will be your purchase , you are paying for it . Myself I learn things everyday on this forum , I also listen to advice , moll it over in mind and then make a decision or not and maybe keep digging . Pat
Old 03-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #249

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Great news..
After taking your idea to Reace, we have decided to offer the window packages as single pane non-thermal, double glazed thermal with extra insulation, and new frameless double glazed with extra insulation, on the 2017 models. The extra insulation is automatically paired with both double glazed windows in all 2017 models. Hopefully this will make everybody happy. J
Customer Service"

I'm kind of confused now. Are the first two options the original window, with the sliders (and metal frames) in it? So, if you're getting extra insulation, you can get either the frameless, awning style windows, or the double paned, framed sliding windows? If so, that's kind of cool! Thanks for asking them that.

Question on the windows - do they crank out? For the frameless, awning type, that is.

Oooo, you could get both installed! Now, wouldn't that look funky? But you could get the back window to open now.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:32 PM   #250

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I'm kind of confused now. Are the first two options the original window, with the sliders (and metal frames) in it? So, if you're getting extra insulation, you can get either the frameless, awning style windows, or the double paned, framed sliding windows? If so, that's kind of cool! Thanks for asking them that.

Question on the windows - do they crank out? For the frameless, awning type, that is.

Oooo, you could get both installed! Now, wouldn't that look funky? But you could get the back window to open now.
1. single glazed slider and NO extra interior insulation
2. double glazed thermal slider with extra interior insulation
3. double glazed thermal Frame-less with extra interior insulation

assuming they are the HEHR as Escape indicated previously in an email, then guessing the frame-less is the new HEHR 6400 glass series but still just a guess.
my being ignorant about trailers, the new 2017 Escape option will allow one to buy thermal windows for whichever version slider or frame-less the buyer is comfortable with. AND also very important.. to get the extra insulation option regardless of which thermal window is purchased!

Thank you Escape...a happy camper for now and probably a sigh of relief from those forum members wishing for me to be a bit more silent...!
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:32 PM   #251

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
And, Jim Bennett, that's why it's "agony" to wait. I flip flop from one style to the other in my mind about 50 times each day. Knowing I have to see them in person to really make up my mind, unlike you, who saw the new model in production. Knowing I have to wait. Ack!
I guess we all make decisions in our own way. I hate stress, so avoid it. After hearing of the upcoming changes 10 months ago,and knowing the reasons for the changes, I left my trust with Reace as I knew he would strive to reach the right choices, and new my next Escape would incorporate the new design. I made this decision long before any details and some selections are made.

This is why my attitude toward my new trailer is a positive one, having fun deciding what to do. I choose not to agonize over choices. Even when I do extensive research on stuff, with hours spent comparing options, it is fun for me. This is exciting!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:40 PM   #252

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
Quote:
1. single glazed slider and NO extra interior insulation
2. double glazed thermal slider with extra interior insulation
3. double glazed thermal Frame-less with extra interior insulation

assuming they are the HEHR as Escape indicated previously in an email, then guessing the frame-less is the new HEHR 6400 glass series but still just a guess.
my being ignorant about trailers, the new 2017 Escape option will allow one to buy thermal windows for whichever version slider or frame-less the buyer is comfortable with. AND also very important.. to get the extra insulation option regardless of which thermal window is purchased!

happy camper!
Cool! Great news!!
Old 03-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by advenas View Post
(snip) Neither the windows or the awing suit my needs. Both have problems I'm not real keen on dealing with. Potential solution is to source my own framed windows and have Escape install them as well as an old style awning. Might cost me more...but then I get what I need. (snip)
When I was doing some research on frameless windows a few months ago, I came across a site that gave information on how to replace them. I also found information on different styles of frameless, including one that had a slider window in it. For me, that's the best of both worlds. I'm not a big fan of crank out windows as I much prefer sliding windows, but I really like the look of the frameless over the framed windows.

This link is on different types of windows:
Guide to RV Windows, It's All About the Glass

Replacing windows:
RV Window Replacement, Installing New Camper Windows

Poo, can't find that article that showed the slider frameless window, but did find an image of a split window with one side opened, like what will be on the back window, so that was cool to see in better detail:
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/f...462/page/2.cfm

These guys do mention a slider in their frameless section:
Cleer Vision --Flush Mount Series
Old 03-23-2016, 01:47 PM   #254

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
If I was wondering what to do as far as getting the right trailer, I would do what we did. Take the trip to Chilliwack and see the trailers as they are. I am so glad we went there to make up our minds between the 19 and the 21. In my opinion there is nothing worse than to make a major purchase and then kick yourself for years down the road and say I should have done this or I should have done that. It is the best and cheapest to get it right the first time. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:02 PM   #255

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
When I was doing some research on frameless windows a few months ago, I came across a site that gave information on how to replace them. I also found information on different styles of frameless, including one that had a slider window in it. For me, that's the best of both worlds. I'm not a big fan of crank out windows as I much prefer sliding windows, but I really like the look of the frameless over the framed windows.

This link is on different types of windows:
Guide to RV Windows, It's All About the Glass

Replacing windows:
RV Window Replacement, Installing New Camper Windows

Poo, can't find that article that showed the slider frameless window, but did find an image of a split window with one side opened, like what will be on the back window, so that was cool to see in better detail:
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/f...462/page/2.cfm

These guys do mention a slider in their frameless section:
Cleer Vision --Flush Mount Series
my thoughts was that if I buy thermal frame-less and knowing they only open 4" at the bottom with less than straight line ventilation, and in lieu of any actual testing data to show ventilation better or worse than slider in an actual Escape 19..might be purchasing and camping in an oven...I can always upgrade later to thermal frame-less as the design of them gets better and if that is the direction of the window manufacturers. Do like the idea of the frame-less as a semi-rain canopy when open, but not comfortable without more facts to purchase them. And as a buyer I really wanted the 2017 extra interior insulation option decoupled from the thermal frame-less window type option...which it now is.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:24 PM   #256

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Wow, what a great example of ETI doing what they're so well known for.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:06 PM   #257

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I guess we all make decisions in our own way. I hate stress, so avoid it. After hearing of the upcoming changes 10 months ago,and knowing the reasons for the changes, I left my trust with Reace as I knew he would strive to reach the right choices, and new my next Escape would incorporate the new design. I made this decision long before any details and some selections are made.

This is why my attitude toward my new trailer is a positive one, having fun deciding what to do. I choose not to agonize over choices. Even when I do extensive research on stuff, with hours spent comparing options, it is fun for me. This is exciting!
I was a buyer for many years. Despite doing a lot of research on whatever I buy, the biggest decision maker was the relationship of the seller. With the reputation of Reace and Tammy of doing the right thing, I have no doubt that the new models will be well made and the options will be worth whatever extra charge (above exchange rate).
Old 03-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #258

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Laura, I would not be the least bit concerned with ventilation. I am very confident it can be adequate with the awning windows.

Let me explain my thoughts. This all is independent on using A/C, something I have never had. For starters, in the morning we know it is going to be a hot day, we keep the trailer sealed tight, as this is the first defence against it getting too hot inside. This is also where the dual glazed windows and added insulation shine. Having the awning deployed helps too. Only when temperatures inside begin to get near those outside will we begin to ventilate, especially if we need to be inside for some reason. What we do them is to partially open a couple windows, and set the Maxx can on low to exhaust. This can is a fantastic feature that works very well, draws little power, and is quiet. If needed, you can crack open a couple more windows, and turn the fan on higher, which will induce great airflow throughout the trailer.

In 6 years we never had all the windows open at the same time.

This works great on hot nights too. We crack open the window over our heads as much as needed, and turn the fan on a low speed exhaust to draw fresh air across our faces. Unfortunately, this may not work so good in the 5.0.

We use awning widows in lots of homes we renovate, and they provide great ventilation. The biggest hindrance to an unrestricted airflow is the screen.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 04:37 PM   #259
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Pat
It is absolutely refreshing to see a company take the time and listen to its costumers concerns, but to then implement change! "absurd, unheard of"
Kudos Reace and Tammy.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 04:40 PM   #260
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Great news..
Customer Service"

opps wrong quote.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote