2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 14 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2016, 05:30 PM   #261

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
P.S. As much as some people might want the old screen door style, Reace says it is being discontinued by the manufacturer and will no longer be available.

So now I have a question. If the old style screen door is discontinued, what happens if it gets broke and you have to replace it? Especially 4yrs down the road. The new body style, Windows, etc all look great to me, but what gives pause to me in this decision, is, is my 2016, 21 going to be obsolete before I even get it? Just wondering.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:18 PM   #262

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
screen

I have a 2016 19' coming in June and I'm not worried about the screen possibly being discontinued, I loved the retractable screen in my 17B and I have them in my house as well. Of course I don't have dogs or kids to run through them. If you do need a new one down the road Phantom Screen will install them in RV's.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:21 PM   #263

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
I noticed the new awning and windows are very similar to what Lance offers on the 1575: Lance 1575 Travel Trailer - Super slide & 2655 dry weight, small is the new big

Take a look at the exterior shots. The Lance windows seem to open a lot wider though, and the awning has the supports attached differently.

I think the famous 'cpa' member on here used to own one based on a thread I found on rv.net? Looks like they have always had the frameless windows, but didn't have the new awning style until the 2015 model year.
skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:46 PM   #264

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19' - 2013 Chevy Silverado
Reace mentioned to me (as we just picked our 2016 trailer up) that he had some in reserve......inorder to repair or replace if required. Now I know he doesn't have hundreds of them but at least he is thinking of his clients!
Old 03-23-2016, 09:11 PM   #265

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinKnocker View Post
opps wrong quote.
TinKnocker one bigger solved . You are half way there now . I told you I was keeping my fingers crossed for you . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:06 PM   #266
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
LoL Thanks Pat, Its funny how things sometimes work out. When we found out about the insulation, you should have seen the smile on our faces. My wife joked "What's next, Reace Is going post about the pull out bar behind the 10x24 exterior hatch! We are all in 2017 5.0 TA
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:33 PM   #267

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
My wife joked "What's next, Reace Is going post about the pull out bar behind the 10x24 exterior hatch!
I like they way that girl thinks.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:58 PM   #268

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
LoL Thanks Pat, Its funny how things sometimes work out. When we found out about the insulation, you should have seen the smile on our faces. My wife joked "What's next, Reace Is going post about the pull out bar behind the 10x24 exterior hatch! We are all in 2017 5.0 TA
Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:19 AM   #269

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
The automatic awning really cleans up the lines on that side of the camper.
The first thing my wife said was that it would sure be easier to operate for someone on the less tall side of life, say around 4'11".
mvassallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:10 AM   #270

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Question: with the door all the way open, is it still possible to have the p.s. window open?
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:48 AM   #271

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I have also been wondering if the new molds will require or allow a different way of attaching the solar panels that will allow for future flexibility as solar panels need to be replaced.
mvassallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:08 PM   #272

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvassallo View Post
I have also been wondering if the new molds will require or allow a different way of attaching the solar panels that will allow for future flexibility as solar panels need to be replaced.
I was hoping for some built-in provisions for panel mounting, but I don't see it in the features list (which is in a separate topic: 2017 19' Standard Features and Options) and none of the photos show the roof well enough to tell.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:19 PM   #273

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I was hoping for some built-in provisions for panel mounting, but I don't see it in the features list (which is in a separate topic: 2017 19' Standard Features and Options) and none of the photos show the roof well enough to tell.
Brian, Sorry I don't get it. Are you asking if there are mounting options for after market solar. The options list still has a 160 watt solar panel with controller for $850. ETI has to mount it somehow.

Steve M
Steven M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:19 PM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Question: with the door all the way open, is it still possible to have the p.s. window open?
I see what you mean: if the door is swung open 180 degrees so it is flat against the trailer wall, it would be against the forward curbside (or passenger side) window, so the window would not be able to swing open.

I don't see any kind of holder for the door. The basic RV door holder is available in various lengths and can be arranged to hold the door out the from the trailer far enough. Another option is to mount a gas strut (like used on hatches such as on the rear of a car or many exterior storage compartment access doors on RVs) at the top of the door, holding it open at right angles to the trailer wall. Perhaps this is a detail which has not been completed on the demonstration trailer.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:30 PM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
Are you asking if there are mounting options for after market solar. The options list still has a 160 watt Solar panel with controller for $850. ETI has to mount it somehow.
Yes, it has to be mounted, but how? The original method was to bond aluminum brackets to the roof surface (a common and well-proven method), but a couple of those failed so Escape changed methods. Since then, the brackets have been bolted through the roof, but that puts hardware (bolt heads or bolt ends and nuts) into the interior, which is undesirable especially when done after the interior is installed. Much more detail is available in other threads, such as the long-running Our solar panel blew off!!

As discussed in earlier threads, some of us were hoping for planned mounting points in the body which would allow secure attachment of brackets without anything protruding into the interior. Escape has always provided this sort of mounting provision for the awning hardware - that's one of the features which I first noticed about the Escape design, a decade ago.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:37 PM   #276

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I see what you mean: if the door is swung open 180 degrees so it is flat against the trailer wall, it would be against the forward curbside (or passenger side) window, so the window would not be able to swing open.

I don't see any kind of holder for the door. The basic RV door holder is available in various lengths and can be arranged to hold the door out the from the trailer far enough. Another option is to mount a gas strut (like used on hatches such as on the rear of a car or many exterior storage compartment access doors on RVs) at the top of the door, holding it open at right angles to the trailer wall. Perhaps this is a detail which has not been completed on the demonstration trailer.
I hope it is not the strut type, they limit the opening to 90 degrees or less. With the limited window opening, perhaps a longer latch type catch could be used.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:56 PM   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I hope it is not the strut type, they limit the opening to 90 degrees or less. With the limited window opening, perhaps a longer latch type catch could be used.
The strut length can be chosen for just about whatever angle you want. My motorhome door is setup to 90 degrees deliberately to avoid hitting the slideout which is just forward of the door, and some of my storage compartment doors (which hinge up) stop at horizontal (90 degrees) to avoid slideouts above them... but other compartment doors go about 150 degrees to allow easier access to the compartment.

Although not the prettiest thing to have on the outside of the trailer, these door struts are nice because they are automatic - no need to manually latch the door in place. They do wear out eventually and when they do they still limit the door opening, but no longer hold it open; fortunately, they are readily available and only take a minute to replace.

I agree that a relatively long hinged strut-type holder would likely be appropriate if mounted in a suitable location. Some moulded fiberglass trailers (such as my Boler) cannot let the door open 180 degrees because they would hit the body at the protruding body seam, so we have these long holders.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:09 PM   #278

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
"Classic" display models

Just a thought for those preferring the "classic" style over the new style. I wrote to ETI a few days ago asking when they would have the interior done on at least the 19'. I was just now told they don't know. I wanted to hopefully compare the two styles of trailers so I could get an idea of which I preferred. Sarah mentioned she didn't know if that would be possible as they're going to be selling the display models as soon as the new style trailers are ready.

So, now everyone that prefers the classic style can contact ETI about the display models. I'm sure they'll thank me for this post (not!). I haven't a clue how they sell them. Maybe a post on this forum, which they've done in the past when they've had some trailers for sale (and they sold very quickly). Anyway, contact them and ask.

I do know the 21' isn't the most current version available as it doesn't have the shelf above the bed. There might be other differences on the trailers, such as furnace placement or the frig. I don't know about the other sizes; others with far more knowledge of the trailers might be able to answer that. As well as ETI, of course.

Sarah also said that I need to tell them 2 weeks before the build sheet is due as to which model we want. The build sheet is already signed, but I know they have a set time they need it ahead of production. It's good to know that information.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:55 PM   #279
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
Just a quick note on the 2016 display trailers...they are all already spoken for. We will be contacting those customers when they are ready to go.

Reace
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:58 PM   #280
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
The first 19' will enter production mid next week and should be complete in about 3 weeks.

Reace
reace is offline   Reply With Quote