2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 15 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2016, 07:03 PM   #281

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfree View Post
I noticed the new awning and windows are very similar to what Lance offers on the 1575: Lance 1575 Travel Trailer - Super slide & 2655 dry weight, small is the new big

Take a look at the exterior shots. The Lance windows seem to open a lot wider though, and the awning has the supports attached differently.

I think the famous 'cpa' member on here used to own one based on a thread I found on rv.net? Looks like they have always had the frameless windows, but didn't have the new awning style until the 2015 model year.
I think those are different Windows, the Lance ones look somewhat like the camplite version?
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:12 PM   #282

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear101 View Post
I think those are different Windows, the Lance ones look somewhat like the camplite version?
Definitely different windows and awning, but my point is that the STYLE of windows and awning has been out there in use for a while. There are some great pictures of the awning on the Lance site.

The only complaints I found were about the warnings against scratching the acrylic windows, which wouldn't even apply with the windows Escape will be using. Couldn't find any comments either way about the awning, but I didn't spend a lot of time on it so there might be some out there somewhere.
skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:58 PM   #283

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
They were basically plastic windows, double paned, really light weight, but could open out 90 degrees with stops at 30/45/60. Tinted they had the interior screen/sunshade/nightshade set up. I had them on my Dutchman T@da in 2008, my 2009 Lance had the 12v awning and my 2012 Lance had the same windows and the 12v awning and the tankless water heater.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:01 PM   #284

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
I noticed the new awning and windows are very similar to what Lance offers on the 1575: Lance 1575 Travel Trailer - Super slide & 2655 dry weight, small is the new big

Take a look at the exterior shots. The Lance windows seem to open a lot wider though, and the awning has the supports attached differently.

I think the famous 'cpa' member on here used to own one based on a thread I found on rv.net? Looks like they have always had the frameless windows, but didn't have the new awning style until the 2015 model year.
Jim mentioned in another thread (New kid in town....) that his Lance had moulded acrylic windows; these are top-hinged like Escape's new "frameless" style, but otherwise very different in materials and construction.

The awning on the Lance has a similar style of arm (folding in a horizontal plane), but is otherwise different: it has the roller on the moving outside edge and gas struts to push the awning open, while the Dometic awning has the roller in the case on the trailer and no gas struts obviously visible (although there must be some sort of spring pulling it open).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:22 AM   #285

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 pulled by GMC Canyon Diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Clueless about awnings - how does it stay out like that without any supports? Does it have to be extended all the way out like that? Or can it just be partially extended? Or tilted down?

Looks like another window was added to the street side. And different exhaust for the frig. At least compared to the 19' photos currently on their site for the pre-2017 version.

How much longer till we see the other sizes?

Pretty exciting reveal!
I found some pictures of a similar looking Dometic awning and the supports appear to fold out of the housing.
I wonder about the degree of wind sensitivity, too light or not enough for example.
Also, is there a back-up plan if for whatever reason the motor quits or jams? Looks nice.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. Mark Twain
JPSpins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:59 AM   #286

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16

what happened to the 3/24/16 reveal?? I thought we would see the 17-21 also .Can someone tell me where the option list is for the 19trailer I saw it now I can't find it ? I wanted to print it up . Thanks Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:04 AM   #287

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
what happened to the 3/24/16 reveal?? I thought we would see the 17-21 also .Can someone tell me where the option list is for the 19trailer I saw it now I can't find it ? I wanted to print it up . Thanks Jim
go here for the latest update http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...ions-7403.html
Old 03-28-2016, 10:55 AM   #288

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
The built in medicine cabinet in the bathroom sounds great. Besides that, nothing here would make me switch, if it delayed me from getting a trailer. See you at the campground.
GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:00 AM   #289

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRINGOandTICA View Post
The built in medicine cabinet in the bathroom sounds great. Besides that, nothing here would make me switch, if it delayed me from getting a trailer. See you at the campground.
I asked Sarah at ETI a week or two ago if it would make a difference in the delivery time of our trailer if we stayed with the 2016 version or switched to the 2017 version. I was told it would not make a difference.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:43 PM   #290

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
after struggling getting my awning down again i would go for an electric awning !! just cant seem to remember the steps it just never seems intuitive i need to look again and write them down.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #291

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
after struggling getting my awning down again i would go for an electric awning !! just cant seem to remember the steps it just never seems intuitive i need to look again and write them down.
Problems with the electric awning . Besides not as strong as manual , very little adjustment. Once you learn the steps to open and close your manual awning it will become second nature to you . I can open and close by self now . My first same like awning was intimidationg. Now I just open and close myself without a thought . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:33 PM   #292
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
For those that want something to print out, with pictures, I captured screen shots of Tammy deploying the awning. See attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AwningDoc.pdf (48.8 KB, 182 views)
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:44 PM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
For those that want something to print out, with pictures, I captured screen shots of Tammy deploying the awning. See attached.
Thanks for that Donna . Sometimes I just don't think of pictures worth a thousand words ! Pat
Old 03-28-2016, 05:02 PM   #294
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Although this is purely anecdotal, I'll share it anyway...

Several times when we were camped with trailers around us that had the case awnings (no support arms on the trailer body) we watched with amusement as the owners scrambled to close their awnings because of rain or wind. Several have come to warn us to put the awning away. We've left it deployed in most of these situations, and it doesn't even phase it. If my awning had no support other than the telescoping arms along the top, and it cost over two grand, you can bet I'd have been scrambling too.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:27 PM   #295

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
I'm thinking a Fiamma awning alternative would be great. These don't have the supports that attach to the side of the trailer, but are manual crank-out and have vertical supports that contact the ground like a tent pole. They are free-standing without ropes, but can be roped down if you want. The F45 version comes in a 11'6" size which would work on a 19'. Price is $927, which should be cheaper than the Dometic.
skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:37 PM   #296

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Problems with the electric awning . Besides not as strong as manual , very little adjustment. Once you learn the steps to open and close your manual awning it will become second nature to you . I can open and close by self now . My first same like awning was intimidationg. Now I just open and close myself without a thought . Pat
I agree, like anything, it gets easier with practice. Maybe I'm a control freak but I like to put the legs out, stake them down, put the flopper stoppers on and then I'll decide when it's time to take it down.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
P2080031_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:48 PM   #297

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Unless that electric awning can be deployed at 20 to 30 degrees on the front bar and tilt on the left and right on the front corners, the usability in the field will be pretty poor. I can't think of a time when I deployed my awning at a 90 degree detente.
I haven't seen anything that would suggest it has this capability yet, and if it doesn't, then it's a very expensive passenger side weight.
The current awning is the same one I've had prior on stickies. It's a breeze to deploy once learned, and can be set at almost unlimited angles, which in the SW, change all day. I'm hoping the new awning can do the same, but not looking like it at the moment.
Here's some examples of the deployments at Quartzsite showing some of the necessary down angles and corner tilt when in the field.
Attached Thumbnails
_JRV1153.jpg  
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:07 PM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Although this is purely anecdotal, I'll share it anyway...

Several times when we were camped with trailers around us that had the case awnings (no support arms on the trailer body) we watched with amusement as the owners scrambled to close their awnings because of rain or wind. Several have come to warn us to put the awning away. We've left it deployed in most of these situations, and it doesn't even phase it. If my awning had no support other than the telescoping arms along the top, and it cost over two grand, you can bet I'd have been scrambling too.
I you said it !Pat
Old 03-28-2016, 06:08 PM   #299

Also was thinking maybe you will think you on a boat at sea . Escapes are lighter then the stickies Pat
Old 03-28-2016, 06:11 PM   #300

Quote:
I'm thinking a Fiamma awning alternative would be great. These don't have the supports that attach to the side of the trailer, but are manual crank-out and have vertical supports that contact the ground like a tent pole. They are free-standing without ropes, but can be roped down if you want. The F45 version comes in a 11'6" size which would work on a 19'. Price is $927, which should be cheaper than the Dometic.
Yes and if you look at pictures of these awnings there are chrome attachments 2 on the sides if you don't want on the ground ,they attach on the sides too . I would be OK with that set up if I didn't have the tried and true manual Pat