2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 16 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2016, 06:16 PM   #301

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I agree, like anything, it gets easier with practice. Maybe I'm a control freak but I like to put the legs out, stake them down, put the flopper stoppers on and then I'll decide when it's time to take it down.

Ron
What we do for years ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:15 PM   #302

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I agree, like anything, it gets easier with practice. Maybe I'm a control freak but I like to put the legs out, stake them down, put the flopper stoppers on and then I'll decide when it's time to take it down.

Ron
Me too. I always do that and add a hold down strap to driven stakes. I was told that legs to the ground was stronger than latched to the side of trailer.

I can still remember my wife and I being lifted off the ground trying to save a case awning during a thunderstorm on Cape Hatteras.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:24 PM   #303

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I too always swung the legs out to be vertical. Way easier to get around than with them left attached to the trailer, and it takes a whole 15 seconds per leg to do it.

As mentioned above, the awning is the only thing I have any scepticism about with this new build. Firstly though, I just love the clean look it offers when stowed, with no arms showing, or coil of fabric just hanging there. Even though I was not bothered with having to set up the old one, I do like the simplicity of the deployment of this one.

With us, an awning is a huge part of how we camp. Unless a quick overnight stop, it always was deployed with the setup of the trailer. Countless time has been spent with a gathering of friends and family under it while weathering out a storm.

I have a friend with one similar. He often ties it out with lightweight ratchet straps to stop it from moving. Not sure if that would be an option with this one, if it should be needed. Of course one would have to deactivate the wind sensor first.

BUT, I am not going to render any judgement on the new awning until I get a chance to try it out. I am confident I will be pleasantly surprised with how much I like it, and am very excited to give it a go.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:31 PM   #304

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Does anyone know the specifics on the new awning? Is there a manual override for the wind and rain dump? Can it be retracted if the battery is dead or the motor goes out? I had a slide on a trailer stop working and I'll never be put in that situation again, dead in the water.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:37 PM   #305

Not sure if there is a switch, or easy disconnect to disarm the wind sensor, but I bet it would be an easy thing to do. The rain dump is just that though, it dumps when overloaded with water, and I don't believe it retracts at all for rain, at least I would certainly hope not, as dinner could end up quite wet.

It is also equipped with a manual crank. It has t be in the event of some kind of electrical failure.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-28-2016, 07:40 PM   #306

I do like the fact that the case appears to offer some sort to protection from the elements, that should lengthen the life of the awning fabric.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:50 PM   #307

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
What I want to know is where did I put the remote??
Old 03-28-2016, 10:37 PM   #308

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Here's some examples of the deployments at Quartzsite showing some of the necessary down angles and corner tilt when in the field.
Good to see the photo's of Jack's add-on suncreens. We liked them so much when we saw that fabric in, of all places, a Mexican Home Depot, we bought some. Should be easy to sew up the hems, we've done much heavier fabric.

Another point for the awning with legs, you can secure a front screen to it.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:33 PM   #309

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Ron,
I really liked Jacks screen setup too. Keep us posted as always on how you create them.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:44 PM   #310

I think it has been mentioned before but how do you put up your screen room on the new awning ? I think most of us are just giving you things maybe you didn't know to think about ,not meaning any harm . I have appreciated many times in my life for thoughts and advice , so you are informed when you make your decision . Pat
Old 03-29-2016, 05:35 AM   #311

I do not see the screen room listed as an option anymore. It would seem they are not compatible.
On a second note, I wonder what the new 5.0 unit will look like with the the indentation in the side or will the awning follow the roof line's angle?
Old 03-29-2016, 09:46 AM   #312

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
I had asked the awning question earlier so am glad Pat brought it up again. We utilize our screen room quite a bit, especially with our dogs (who do not attempt to get out, thankfully). So nice to set it up and be able to leave the trailer door open so everyone can just go in and out without fear of bugs.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #313

There is always this, a lot less $$$ Robot Check
Old 03-29-2016, 09:59 AM   #314

Trailer: 17
The 17 footer "features" page has been updated to the 2017 specs. Bike rack, medicine cabinet, new awning, stainless sink. Frameless windows under "options" now. Additional brake lights might still be an option?
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:04 AM   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
There is always this, a lot less $$$ Robot Check
I have one. It works great. Just a few minutes for one person to set up, and holds a huge picnic table and more. I too much prefer this over one attached to the trailer, but do understand why a few prefer that.

Actually, I really like the smaller size of the 4 panel Clam shelter, if it is going to be just the two of us.
Quick-Set Traveler Outdoor Gazebo
Old 03-29-2016, 10:17 AM   #316

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I have one. It works great. Just a few minutes for one person to set up, and holds a huge picnic table and more. I too much prefer this over one attached to the trailer, but do understand why a few prefer that.

Actually, I really like the smaller size of the 4 panel Clam shelter, if it is going to be just the two of us.
We have one too and love it. The 4 panel was not out when we bought ours and we would have probably got it if it was. We can fit 6-8 people in ours and hold a square dance in the middle.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:24 AM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
We have one too and love it. The 4 panel was not out when we bought ours and we would have probably got it if it was. We can fit 6-8 people in ours and hold a square dance in the middle.
That was the same with us, that the 4 panel one was not out yet.

Allemande left, and allemande right....
Old 03-29-2016, 10:42 AM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
I had asked the awning question earlier so am glad Pat brought it up again. We utilize our screen room quite a bit, especially with our dogs (who do not attempt to get out, thankfully). So nice to set it up and be able to leave the trailer door open so everyone can just go in and out without fear of bugs.
Us too and for same reason , the pups . For the screen being attached to awning on trailer ,not too big just fits right under awning and it is more a rectangle shape so it looks nice . Pat
Old 03-29-2016, 11:30 AM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

That is the one I had at Osoyoos last year, it is perfect for a couple and their dogs We had 2 chairs and a small table in ours. I did buy the extra panels for rain and it can be set up by one, whereas the larger one is a little more awkward for a single.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
That is the one I had at Osoyoos last year, it is perfect for a couple and their dogs We had 2 chairs and a small table in ours. I did buy the extra panels for rain and it can be set up by one, whereas the larger one is a little more awkward for a single.
That is pretty much why I am considering one, to house the two of us and a small table, and even four in a pinch. I might give the bigger one to my daughter.

What was the issue setting up the 6 sided one? I have done it a few times now, without any trouble at all. That is one thing I love about it, so quick and easy to set up by myself.