2017, Escape 5.0TA Production Photos - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2016, 02:50 PM   #41

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
protected from the elements with that exterior case.
What exterior case? or is that just for the new model? What can I use to cover mine, or should I?
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 01:43 AM   #42

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
What exterior case? or is that just for the new model?
Just the new model... that is, the Dometic 9500 Case Awning is used only on the new vertical-walled Escape models, including this 2017 Escape 5.0TA.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:33 AM   #43

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0 TA
Looking back to the dinette, it appears they may have raised the floor. I recall another member who modified his trailer like this to make the seating more comfortable. Does anyone else see this...my eyes aren't what they used to be .

stuart
zzlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:40 AM   #44

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I believe all of the 2nd generation models have the raised rear floor built into the design, visible in the 21, 5.0, and 17 models but hidden by the bed in the 19 model.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:42 AM   #45

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Looks that way to me.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:57 AM   #46

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
They are all definitely raised now. Many folks in the 21 and 5.0 were either getting Escape to do it, or doing it themselves, so the height from floor to seat to table all correlated better with what is normally done.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 11:11 AM   #47

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzlay View Post
Looking back to the dinette, it appears they may have raised the floor. I recall another member who modified his trailer like this to make the seating more comfortable. Does anyone else see this...my eyes aren't what they used to be .

stuart
Hi Stuart . We have a 19 and raised our floor for better seating comfort as many others also did . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #48

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
If we were upgrading really like the look of the fifth wheel . It doesn't look so boxy ,( sorry ),like the others 19 and 21 . Just can't get use to their look when it hits my eyes . I would really miss the Classic look and our airplane door . But the fifth wheel really looks nice and we could go for it with a Fiamma awning . But we are loving the one we are with . Pat
I love the Classic look, too - but I think I could get used to the box pretty quickly, if it meant the fridge will keep milk cold on a hot, Texas day...without ice packs snugged up against it, I mean.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:27 PM   #49

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0TA
Smile New 5.0TA

We couldn't be happier with the results of the new design. ETI exceeded our expectations as usual. Thanks to all the folks at ETI and the forum. Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Weight is the enemy... Keep it simple and keep it light !
chowlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 01:41 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
I love the Classic look, too - but I think I could get used to the box pretty quickly, if it meant the fridge will keep milk cold on a hot, Texas day...without ice packs snugged up against it, I mean.

Hi Mary . There is a few simple things that can help greatly with your refrigerator . We have the dreaded 4.3 . It isn't dreaded any longer after changing some things . We live in California . 2 summer trips getting into the 100's in August and Sept. 3-4 weeks proved these modifications turned things around . We did pull refrigerator and totally insulated the refrigerator cabinet with 2 in solid insulation . Putting on a on and off switch to fan at the rear so we could operate it . It never came on before with Domectic's setup. Added another fan also to rear looks like the Texas fan Escape installs . Our cost was 35.00 for fan . Little waterproof computer fan inside refrigerator we can also operate with a switch (thanks to Kountry Kamper ) for the idea . Remove thermostat from holder and it just hangs out of holder . Fridge guard installed inside for summer use (thanks to Jim , Charley ) for the idea . We also can remove our freezer or it's door for summer , have done both . Our temps go down to 31now , after opening door and extreme day time temps , never over 41 . Always keep at 4 . Before these mods temps rose to 56 with outside temps 76 at the beach , with refrigerator shaded . We wanted to cry after buying a new trailer and the refrigerators are over a thousand to replace . There is a whole thread showing all of us pioneers improving our refrigerators . You can always start with the simplest , easiest mods to see what can help
My thinking was insulation and the fans operating are the biggest improvements .Extreme coolers have thick , good insulation to keep cold in , and not be affected by outside temps so much . Check out the thread , lot's of great idea's . Pat
Old 12-24-2016, 01:42 PM   #51

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
If we were upgrading really like the look of the fifth wheel . It doesn't look so boxy ,( sorry ),like the others 19 and 21 . Just can't get use to their look when it hits my eyes . I would really miss the Classic look and our airplane door . But the fifth wheel really looks nice and we could go for it with a Fiamma awning . But we are loving the one we are with . Pat
Unfortunately we like the new style, door, and everything else about the new models so much that upgraded.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:53 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
Unfortunately we like the new style, door, and everything else about the new models so much that upgraded.
That's OK Tom . We have had that kind of door twice before , really like the looks of the Classic and our awning . Do like the fifth's looks though . But this is it for us . Having had many RV's through the years . We are just going to stick with our trailer I am sure you will enjoy your new trailer . Pat
Old 12-24-2016, 04:27 PM   #53

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzlay View Post
Looking back to the dinette, it appears they may have raised the floor.
Yes, the 5.0TA and 21' both now have a step up into the dinette area, which they didn't have before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I believe all of the 2nd generation models have the raised rear floor built into the design, visible in the 21, 5.0, and 17 models but hidden by the bed in the 19 model.
I agree. All models have always had a step up in the frame at the back, and all models have had a corresponding step in the floor; now the 5.0TA and 21' have it as well.

Quote:
We have a 19 and raised our floor for better seating comfort as many others also did .
In the front, right? The frame doesn't have a step up in the front, and so the floor is normally flat in front (in any model), but some people add a raised floor in the front dinette of the 19'.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 04:30 PM   #54

Trailer: 2011 Escape 5.0; previous 2008 Escape 17'
Beautiful, Tammy! Hmmmm, wondering if an upgrade is in order (that would make our third Escape)? Looking forward to seeing the finished product hopefully in person at the rally.
Conuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 05:02 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Yes, the 5.0TA and 21' both now have a step up into the dinette area, which they didn't have before.

I agree. All models have always had a step up in the frame at the back, and all models have had a corresponding step in the floor; now the 5.0TA and 21' have it as well.

In the front, right? The frame doesn't have a step up in the front, and so the floor is normally flat in front (in any model), but some people add a raised floor in the front dinette of the 19'.
Hi Brian . right in the front dinette added . already a step up under bed in the 19 . Pat
Old 01-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #56

Trailer: 2009 Survayer
Is that a hitch receiver I see on the back bumper?
rschy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:40 PM   #57

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschy View Post
Yes, that is now a standard on all Escape trailers. Great for bike racks.

Oh, and welcome to the site? Are you looking to buy an Escape, or other trailer?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:20 PM   #58
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschy View Post
When I was working on my build sheet for Ten Forward, that receiver hitch was an option. I got it. Glad to see it's become a standard! I don't mind seeing what I needed to buy become the standard build, truly. Never could figure out why one frame should be different than another. Really, for just a few bucks ETI needed to pull a different frame for ME? It's the standardization of some things that makes the build sheet fairly "reasonable." Here, I have some Tums for YOU.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:21 PM   #59

Trailer: 2009 Survayer
Yep... I just finished my build sheet expected delivery in April
rschy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:14 AM   #60

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA on order. Tug 2016 Colorado Duramax
Hey guys, just completing my build sheet for a May completion on the 5.0. What are the thoughts on a TV antenna?? Is it even used anymore I will have the cable connection. Thoughts please.