2017, Escape 5.0TA Production Photos - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-30-2017, 12:45 PM   #61

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
They are all definitely raised now. Many folks in the 21 and 5.0 were either getting Escape to do it, or doing it themselves, so the height from floor to seat to table all correlated better with what is normally done.
Is there a space underneath, between the bottom of the raised floor and the top of the fresh water tank? I ask because I asked for recessed table leg supports (like I had in my 19') but Reace (via Sarah) said they couldn't do it. I completely understand ETI's need to scale-back the number of mods they're willing to undertake but I'd be happy to do it if it can be done.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:19 PM   #62

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Is there a space underneath, between the bottom of the raised floor and the top of the fresh water tank? I ask because I asked for recessed table leg supports (like I had in my 19') but Reace (via Sarah) said they couldn't do it. I completely understand ETI's need to scale-back the number of mods they're willing to undertake but I'd be happy to do it if it can be done.
It is open to the world underneath, and depending on placement I would bet recessed table leg supports would work. They would be quite easy to do yourself though, at least the ones I am familiar with, as you just need to use a hole saw to cut for the socket. I like these sockets better than the ones that sit on top.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:12 PM   #63

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
It is open to the world underneath, and depending on placement I would bet recessed table leg supports would work. They would be quite easy to do yourself though, at least the ones I am familiar with, as you just need to use a hole saw to cut for the socket. I like these sockets better than the ones that sit on top.
Thanks, that's great to hear, Jim. Yea, they're a pice of cake to install and no toe-banging. I'm also looking into a set of sissoring leg supports. This would allow for use outside the trailer as well when needed. Saw a set here on the Forum a couple of years back; think I'll start my research soon.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:56 PM   #64

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockseaker View Post
Hey guys, just completing my build sheet for a May completion on the 5.0. What are the thoughts on a TV antenna?? Is it even used anymore I will have the cable connection. Thoughts please.
I would get the antenna depending on your travel preferences. We spent two winters in the US south and could get many digital channels. Here in Canada it's not as good at least from my experience which was in a provincial park here and could pick up only one channel from Winnipeg. If you plan to spend a lot of time at RV parks with cable then guess you don't need the antenna.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:06 PM   #65

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockseaker View Post
Hey guys, just completing my build sheet for a May completion on the 5.0. What are the thoughts on a TV antenna?? Is it even used anymore I will have the cable connection. Thoughts please.
We have an antenna on our 19. While we don't use it a lot, we have been glad to have it when camped near major metropolitan areas on a rainy night or especially at the Niagara Wine Escape last fall when we were able to easily pull a Buffalo ABC station and watch THE Ohio State University put the hurt on Oklahoma.
Man that Clemson game hurt me though.
😢
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:07 PM   #66

Trailer: '15 Escape 5.0 TA
After seeing several new Escapes this past weekend at the Quartzsite Rally, I really liked the new flat look and the conventional screen door. Hmmmm, what to do............
"How can I be lost, if I have no place to go"
t-twnbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #67
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-twnbob View Post
After seeing several new Escapes this past weekend at the Quartzsite Rally, I really liked the new flat look and the conventional screen door. Hmmmm, what to do............
That wouldn't be enough to make me change from my beautiful classic, because the interior layout is the same. BUT, if Reace could figure out a way to change the rear dinette into a "living room" so I could get a Bark-O-Lounger back there... I'd be driving to Chilliwack with cash in hand TODAY! (yeah, I know... batteries, hot water heater, inverter....)
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:51 PM   #68

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Saw my first new style Escape yesterday. The flatter sides and new door didn't turn me off like I thought it would. To get around the sliding screen door and the crappy RMD8555 fridge I's a decent trade, not that I'm going to get rid of mine. Can't say I was crazy about the no decal look, but to each their own. Still cool to see a brandy new shiny Escape.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:49 PM   #69

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conuma View Post
Beautiful, Tammy! Hmmmm, wondering if an upgrade is in order (that would make our third Escape)? Looking forward to seeing the finished product hopefully in person at the rally.
If it helps you make your decision any easier we are getting our 4th Escape this spring.
grape_escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #70

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by grape_escape View Post
If it helps you make your decision any easier we are getting our 4th Escape this spring.
That's your own darn fault for accepting Tammy and Reace as personal friends.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:26 PM   #71

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by grape_escape View Post
Uh, oh, some local competition
Old 02-16-2017, 11:46 PM   #72

Trailer: wannabe
Very nice, thank you for the photos, I'm excited

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
bigalaska2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:05 PM   #73

Trailer: Escape5TA 2017
This trailer has been in Palm Springs since January 15, 2017. It is a dream come true. Tows so well and it so much more spacious than our 2011 Escape 5. So many awesome features...great fridge...wonderful counter space and tons of storage. The power awning is ouitstanding, and in fact, it DOES retract in the wind if the switch is left in the "on" position...it did one day last week before we got inside to activate it. This has the dual hot water tank and that has saved us a propane bottle refill every two weeks at this RV park.
morriekent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:07 PM   #74

Trailer: 5.0, 2018/juillet
love it
Fournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:34 PM   #75

Trailer: 2005 Rockwood 8240ss
Hello, new guy here interested in seeing a 5.0ta. I’m in Palm Desert with my rv for the near future. If it’s possible to see yours it would be great. Paul
FFPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:05 AM   #76

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPaul View Post
Hello, new guy here interested in seeing a 5.0ta. I’m in Palm Desert with my rv for the near future. If it’s possible to see yours it would be great. Paul
Paul, have you contacted Escape? They have a list of folks that welcome perspective buyers.