2017 Improvement leaks before 4/1/2016 unveiling... - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2016, 08:56 PM   #141

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
I think you'll find anyone who has cabinet making experience would say 'it looks too small'. And IF ETI trailer designs were reviewed by an engineer and 'signed off' they would have the size increased.

I replaced mine, I would rather be proactive because I often drive off road and it was obviously undersized to me. It was 1 of many things I improved. I was a Union Cabinet Maker back in the day.
Klem the door isn't really very heavy . I have always wanted to make a nicer door . Right now I just use my vinyl strap snapped for going down the road . I too was a union carpenter loved finish work better then crawling around concrete forms . For me it works until I make a new door or the current door becomes a problem . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:07 AM   #142

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have always wanted to replace the stock door with a vented louvered door, for better air circulation. First mod for the Prairie Schooner....
here is a neat idea......Robot Check
Attached Thumbnails
71ut+HRp+gL._SL1099_.jpg  
Old 03-12-2016, 10:56 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have always wanted to replace the stock door with a vented louvered door, for better air circulation. First mod for the Prairie Schooner....
here is a neat idea......Robot Check
My thoughts too . Also in the 19 ,the first thing to hit your eyes when you step in . Pat
Old 03-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #144

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
My thoughts too . Also in the 19 ,the first thing to hit your eyes when you step in . Pat
I agree. I use raised panels for most furniture that I build. I find the door jarring to look at. That and the fact that the hinges don't allow it to open 180* and store against the wall.

I swear its' replacement is on my to-do list. Right after I finished re-habbing my sundeck, pouring a new concrete driveway and putting on a new roof.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:17 AM   #145

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I agree. I use raised panels for most furniture that I build. I find the door jarring to look at. That and the fact that the hinges don't allow it to open 180* and store against the wall.

I swear its' replacement is on my to-do list. Right after I finished re-habbing my sundeck, pouring a new concrete driveway and putting on a new roof.

Ron
And don't forget the detailed plan/itinerary for the Baja Escape you will be guiding in 2017

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:48 AM   #146

Quote:

Ron
Yes having raised panels on door would sure look nicer . I don't have a issue with the door opening 180 degrees because I have a magazine rack and hooks on that wall . So far not a problem .
I hear you about fitting things in . Just finished with brushes and rollers new paint on whole house . Some tile floor work and new carpet . The carpet required removing all the furniture , cleaning , etc. then putting everything back . Your everyday stuff to do . Someday really would like to make a new door . After my wheel bearing repack , going camping then changing that bath 9 in vent out with my new retrofit from Escape . Never enough time in the day but it is fun ,better then working for someone else . Pat
Old 03-12-2016, 12:41 PM   #147

2017 Improvement leaks before 4/1/2016

Quote:

Ron
Ron found a picture from my previous 1992 camper . want something like this . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0043.jpg  
Old 03-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #148

Trailer: 2014 Escape 17B
The look could be achieved by adding some stained oak moulding to the existing door.
2019 KC the Beagle
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:18 PM   #149

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Or you can just look out the window.