2017 Improvement leaks before 4/1/2016 unveiling... - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-03-2016, 01:06 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Posts: 2,154
There is actually an extra bedroom in there. Awesome for company.
__________________

Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:47 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
This is from a 2006 Bigfoot 25' RQ.
That's a good example of the old cover, before the storage box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
They are a lot more form fitting, and the new ones actually have good storage. Some of the previous versions had very little storage, and was awkward to access. The early ones were mostly intended to be a fitted propane and battery cover.
I agree - the old ones were not intended as a storage box. The new ones are basically a full-width box, sitting on a corresponding extension of the frame, attached to a section corresponding to the old cover.

The Escape box is squeezed into the space between the body and the propane tanks (which are further forward on the tongue than a Bigfoot, to leave some room), so the same shape wouldn't work... even if you wanted it.
__________________

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:44 AM   #63
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,691
I have visions of the following happening on April Fool's Day.....people calling and swamping ETI's headquarters.....
__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:00 AM   #64
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
That cover is pretty weird looking to me
That's the one I remember. UGH.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:52 PM   #65
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Trailer: None yet...Dreaming of an Escape!
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post

Cindy and I spent some time down in Utah last September/October and I have some images posted on my website of Arches National Park here.

Zenfolio | PHOTOGRAPHY BY BARRY JUSTICE | ARCHES NATIONAL PARK

Barry
Gorgeous photos, Barry! Thank you for sharing!
__________________
Denise
A 17B is in my Dreams.
Winelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:08 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for 4th Maiden Voyage
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post







They are a lot more form fitting, and the new ones actually have good storage. Some of the previous versions had very little storage, and was awkward to access. The early ones were mostly intended to be a fitted propane and battery cover.
Now if only that was a hot tub in there ... they'd really have something. Heated by connecting the tugs exhaust pipe through under water coils .....
__________________
Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity.
Thor Heyerdahl
StarvingHyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:42 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for 4th Maiden Voyage
Posts: 597
I don't know if this will work ... as iyts the first time I have tried to post a picture.


The picture is of my new faucet. I was heading to Bellingham, Wa for my orientation from my home in Juneau, Ak. There is no wifi on the ferries. So when ETI started to test my trailer before my pick up, they discovered that the faucet ordered for installation was faulty. It leaked from the valve and would not hold pressure. Very much to the credit of ETI and their wonderful Customer Service, Tammy emailed me about the problem and wondered if I would like them to install one of their 2017 faucets. I didn't get the email til 3 hours before my orientation.... asked for a picture. When I saw it, I said A-OK and they had it installed and had it working for my orientation. YEAH! ETI!


I hope its ok for me to post this picture.


Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3332.jpg (203.9 KB, 36 views)
__________________
Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity.
Thor Heyerdahl
StarvingHyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:47 AM   #68
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
I don't know if this will work ... as iyts the first time I have tried to post a picture.


The picture is of my new faucet. I was heading to Bellingham, Wa for my orientation from my home in Juneau, Ak. There is no wifi on the ferries. So when ETI started to test my trailer before my pick up, they discovered that the faucet ordered for installation was faulty. It leaked from the valve and would not hold pressure. Very much to the credit of ETI and their wonderful Customer Service, Tammy emailed me about the problem and wondered if I would like them to install one of their 2017 faucets. I didn't get the email til 3 hours before my orientation.... asked for a picture. When I saw it, I said A-OK and they had it installed and had it working for my orientation. YEAH! ETI!


I hope its ok for me to post this picture.


Tom
That is one nice looking faucet! I want one ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:22 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
kstock11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Asheville, North Carolina
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 674
Looks like a winner to me. Would definitely like to change out the 2014 stock faucet for this one. Thanks for posting the pic!
__________________
Kevin
Thanks to the interstate highway system, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything - Charles Kuralt
kstock11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:15 AM   #70
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 11,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
Now if only that was a hot tub in there ... they'd really have something. Heated by connecting the tugs exhaust pipe through under water coils .....
Now you are talking. I just loves me some soaking time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
The picture is of my new faucet.
I saw one on Monday too, looks pretty nice.
__________________

__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.