2017 Info - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2016, 02:30 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyone View Post
I am glad I don't have to consider all of this. The build sheet was difficult enough when I purchased. I'd blow a gasket over these decisions.
What makes doing the build sheet so difficult is all of the things that ETI will do for you that aren't on it. If there was just one long list of options and as you went down the list and it was yes or no, it would be a lot easier to handle. Otherwise you're scared that you will leave something out that you might really like and use. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:44 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape
patience is a virtue

Looking forward to getting inline to order. Viewed a 19' in Santa Rosa CA last week and liked what we saw, thanks Jennifer & Bill. (We have two foot itis...our 17' Casita was just a bit too 'cozy')
scottshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:25 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
What makes doing the build sheet so difficult is all of the things that ETI will do for you that aren't on it. If there was just one long list of options and as you went down the list and it was yes or no, it would be a lot easier to handle. Otherwise you're scared that you will leave something out that you might really like and use. Loren
I think to it really depends on the individual just how difficult, scary or stressful doing the build sheet is.

For me, it is great fun, and I enjoy doing it. I find it exciting, because it means I am getting a new trailer..... YAY!!!!

I go through the listed items, and choose what works for me. I then make a list of custom options not on the list that I would like which I submit to Escape. They will let me know what they are willing do, and what they won't, or can't, do. Anything else I will have to take care of myself, have someone else do it for me, or just go without.

There are very few unlisted modifications that would be critical, and WAY too many possibilities for Escape to ever list.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
It's kinda like the secret menu at In n Out Burger. I always get Animal Style.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:18 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Sometimes I wonder if Escape folks ever regret opening up the door to endless customization.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:33 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I liked doing the build sheet to get us all of the things we wanted and we agreed on about every single item. Just couldn't do it all as there were so many questions. Even having had a 19', the 21' is so different that we had to find out many things. It takes a while to look at everything and get the answers, even reading here. And then, they are making changes at Escape as you go along. Now new molds. Can't wait to see them.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:56 AM   #27

Trailer: Not Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I think to it really depends on the individual just how difficult, scary or stressful doing the build sheet is.

For me, it is great fun, and I enjoy doing it. I find it exciting, because it means I am getting a new trailer..... YAY!!!!

I go through the listed items, and choose what works for me. I then make a list of custom options not on the list that I would like which I submit to Escape. They will let me know what they are willing do, and what they won't, or can't, do. Anything else I will have to take care of myself, have someone else do it for me, or just go without.

There are very few unlisted modifications that would be critical, and WAY too many possibilities for Escape to ever list.
Jim, as I'm new here, I was curious if there is an existing thread which collects ETI customizations that are not on the build sheet. If not, that would be a very useful tool for prospective owners to understand the entire scope of customization.

I don't think anyone needs to disclose how much certain features cost, since prices would fluctuate, but I'm curious to understand the breadth of options owners have added to their trailers.

I find searching for keywords on forums not very efficient, but a sticky topic would be wonderful.
citizensmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:02 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There is not a comprehensive list of custom options, I would suggest you go through the "It's Friday" thread to look at the various build pictures which would include custom items
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...iday-3244.html
Old 02-05-2016, 10:18 AM   #29

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Also, when using Search, use the Google search box at the bottom of the search menu instead of the site search at the top.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 8.14.49 AM.png  
Old 02-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #31

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
Sometimes I wonder if Escape folks ever regret opening up the door to endless customization.
For me, at least, that was the most compelling reason to buy an Escape.
sturski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:40 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensmurf View Post
Jim, as I'm new here, I was curious if there is an existing thread which collects ETI customizations that are not on the build sheet. If not, that would be a very useful tool for prospective owners to understand the entire scope of customization.

I don't think anyone needs to disclose how much certain features cost, since prices would fluctuate, but I'm curious to understand the breadth of options owners have added to their trailers.

I find searching for keywords on forums not very efficient, but a sticky topic would be wonderful.
It would be near impossible to compile such a list, as these options differ for everyone here. What I look for in custom modifications will be totally different than the next person.

I also think that rather than go by what others wanted, everyone instead should just look at what they want, and go from there.

As these mods are particular to individuals, I think it best that they do a thread with their own customizations, whether performed by Escape, or by themselves, otherwise all the info stuffed into one thread, along with all the discussion on each of these customizations, would lead to a terrible jumble, almost impossible to find anything on.

There is a good chance that if you don't know what all these custom modifications are, then you could likely get by without them.

edit: Or, you could just ask Bruce, he is a great searcher.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #33

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
The thread "If you could design my new trailer and pick my options" was my bible when I designed our trailer.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:25 AM   #34

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
I would also do a search for "build sheets" in the title. Yeah, a lot will probably show up, but if you can find a list of various build sheets, that will help a lot.

Plus, reading a lot of threads on this forum. When I first joined, that's what I did. I was constantly at this forum, reading and reading and adding more information to an Excel file. I looked up various items to see what they were, including things that folks bought for their trailer. I had so many pages bookmarked I had to create a bunch of folders in my browser, such as "accessories, inside", "accessories, outside" and lots more.

Then when we were able to order I had done just about all the research I needed to do and was able to complete and sign off on the build sheet about 5 weeks after ordering.

Yeah, in your search through this forum you might find threads you don't think will apply, but you continue reading them as there might be one little nugget of information that makes a huge difference. Plus, it's great fun to read and learn more about these nifty trailers and how people use them. And if your spouse says "is that all you do all day, read the forum" you can say "but it's research" after you grin.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:04 PM   #35

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarinaPDX View Post
Will orders be taken for the 21' and 5.0 TA on April 1 as well?

How will the orders be taken? Over the phone with credit card, in person? I foresee a pileup...

Greg
Yup! Good question! Also, since there is no "list" to be on, how does one claim a 2016 spot that gets forfeited for a wait for 2017? This "no waiting list" policy drives me nuts, seems like if 5-6 2016 buyers opt for 2017 new options, is it like a radio/tv prize giveaway "We'll take callers 12-17 for 2016 model orders!"
Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:25 PM   #36

Trailer: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tford View Post
Yup! Good question!
Which one?

Quote:
Also, since there is no "list" to be on, how does one claim a 2016 spot that gets forfeited for a wait for 2017? This "no waiting list" policy drives me nuts, seems like if 5-6 2016 buyers opt for 2017 new options, is it like a radio/tv prize giveaway "We'll take callers 12-17 for 2016 model orders!"
I don't think there is any issue regarding current orders being upgraded. They have been waiting a long time, and will have to wait longer for the upgrade - no prize there. And it is not clear that upgrades will result in empty 2016 slots; they could just pull in 2017 production. In the past when slots freed up they were published on the production schedule page - I missed some last fall.

By not keeping a waiting list the sequence of buyers ready to commit has been lost, so there really is no way to prioritize. I argued for a lottery because I don't see any justice (or convenience) in a brawl to get through on the phone, or lining up at the factory the night before. If that is what it will be, I can hammer the phone as well as the next person, or drive up to the factory, but that seems like a pretty ugly solution.

Greg
CarinaPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #37

All the questions were good! You prioritize by stating on their website "all folks who wish to be on a waiting list should email us with their model selection and best email contact info, we will contact you when a production slot opens up", then a person monitors that, and time and date stamps on emails determine order.....not too hard and you don't tie someone up with phone duty. And everyone who is now waiting doesn't sit in a phone queue, or lines up outside the plant or tries to figure out time zones, or doesn't have to continually check the website and forums.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:42 PM   #38

Trailer: None
Tford- That may be a better answer, but it rewards those who are watching these threads like a hawk and disadvantages those who are doing other things, like actually being out enjoying their current trailers. Being sans trailer I have the time, but I don't feel my ability to watch the internet, speed dial the phone, or drive up to the factory should entitle me to a place ahead of others who have waited as long or longer. It is a difficult situation, and I don't envy ETI in resolving it. [Edit: I probably would have put my money down in late September if ETI would have accepted it then, so it's not as if I haven't waited or belong at the back, but that ship has sailed...]

Greg
CarinaPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarinaPDX View Post
That may be a better answer, but it rewards those who are watching these threads like a hawk and disadvantages those who are doing other things, like actually being out enjoying their current trailers.
My thought is this sums it up pretty well. There are probably a bunch of future buyers who are not monitoring this forum at all, who will just check the Escape website in the next month or so, as they know that is when orders will be taken.

I really don't think there is a terrible panic, nor will all the production spots be taken right away, as by the time 2017 actually comes around, their new facilities will be helping to near double production, allowed for a lot of available spots. I would imagine a lot of the spots already taken for 2016 will be moved forward some, opening up a bunch more spots yet later this year.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:21 PM   #40

It just makes ETI have someone to START some sort of list generated from emails to them concerning new orders.....heck, I'd do it remotely and send them updates on a spreadsheet! You'd only have to check the mailbox set up once a day. As it stands now, no one is in any kind of queue....right?