2017 Info - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2016, 03:30 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyone View Post
I am glad I don't have to consider all of this. The build sheet was difficult enough when I purchased. I'd blow a gasket over these decisions.
What makes doing the build sheet so difficult is all of the things that ETI will do for you that aren't on it. If there was just one long list of options and as you went down the list and it was yes or no, it would be a lot easier to handle. Otherwise you're scared that you will leave something out that you might really like and use. Loren

Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:44 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape
patience is a virtue

Looking forward to getting inline to order. Viewed a 19' in Santa Rosa CA last week and liked what we saw, thanks Jennifer & Bill. (We have two foot itis...our 17' Casita was just a bit too 'cozy')

scottshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:25 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
What makes doing the build sheet so difficult is all of the things that ETI will do for you that aren't on it. If there was just one long list of options and as you went down the list and it was yes or no, it would be a lot easier to handle. Otherwise you're scared that you will leave something out that you might really like and use. Loren
I think to it really depends on the individual just how difficult, scary or stressful doing the build sheet is.

For me, it is great fun, and I enjoy doing it. I find it exciting, because it means I am getting a new trailer..... YAY!!!!

I go through the listed items, and choose what works for me. I then make a list of custom options not on the list that I would like which I submit to Escape. They will let me know what they are willing do, and what they won't, or can't, do. Anything else I will have to take care of myself, have someone else do it for me, or just go without.

There are very few unlisted modifications that would be critical, and WAY too many possibilities for Escape to ever list.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:59 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
It's kinda like the secret menu at In n Out Burger. I always get Animal Style.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:18 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Sometimes I wonder if Escape folks ever regret opening up the door to endless customization.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:33 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I liked doing the build sheet to get us all of the things we wanted and we agreed on about every single item. Just couldn't do it all as there were so many questions. Even having had a 19', the 21' is so different that we had to find out many things. It takes a while to look at everything and get the answers, even reading here. And then, they are making changes at Escape as you go along. Now new molds. Can't wait to see them.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:56 AM   #27

Trailer: Not Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I think to it really depends on the individual just how difficult, scary or stressful doing the build sheet is.

For me, it is great fun, and I enjoy doing it. I find it exciting, because it means I am getting a new trailer..... YAY!!!!

I go through the listed items, and choose what works for me. I then make a list of custom options not on the list that I would like which I submit to Escape. They will let me know what they are willing do, and what they won't, or can't, do. Anything else I will have to take care of myself, have someone else do it for me, or just go without.

There are very few unlisted modifications that would be critical, and WAY too many possibilities for Escape to ever list.
Jim, as I'm new here, I was curious if there is an existing thread which collects ETI customizations that are not on the build sheet. If not, that would be a very useful tool for prospective owners to understand the entire scope of customization.

I don't think anyone needs to disclose how much certain features cost, since prices would fluctuate, but I'm curious to understand the breadth of options owners have added to their trailers.

I find searching for keywords on forums not very efficient, but a sticky topic would be wonderful.
citizensmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:02 AM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
There is not a comprehensive list of custom options, I would suggest you go through the "It's Friday" thread to look at the various build pictures which would include custom items
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...iday-3244.html
Old 02-05-2016, 11:18 AM   #29

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Also, when using Search, use the Google search box at the bottom of the search menu instead of the site search at the top.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 8.14.49 AM.png (40.2 KB, 7 views)

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:30 AM   #30

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
"Secret" customizations or standard options for 2016 21'

If you could do it again, what would be different?

Favourite Escape option, aftermarket accessory, prewire, and mod

If You Could Design My new Trailer and Pick My Options......

Taking the plunge

Extra Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation??

party on.

edit: missed one

Options that are not on the list