2017 Info - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2016, 05:57 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
I think trying to keep a current list of potential buyers when in a sold out position would be a nightmare for a business; hence, the non-refundable $500 deposit for serious buyers only. Even with a deposit, there are some who eventually drop out for one reason or another. I'm probably the only one who thinks ETI is doing it the right way. And as Jim B. said, with the doubling of production, there will probably be plenty of spots available.

Edited: And I'm betting that several spots will open in 2016 as some have been told their production date will be moved ahead by about three months.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:20 PM   #42

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
(snip) And I'm betting that several spots will open in 2016 as some have been told their production date will be moved ahead by about three months.
We were one of those and we're super thrilled over that. More time to use it. YAY! Originally due Dec 28th and hopefully much sooner. I've got a site booked for the Fall NOG on the Oregon Coast the first weekend in October.

But yeah, since they figured that and figured they'll be doubling production with the new building (when it's up and running; the current tenant is still in there as of yesterday), there will be more spots opening up, I'm sure.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:21 PM   #43

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
It wouldn't too much of a nightmare, i.e.they check the "order request" email address they set up once a day, enter the names of folks who request a trailer with date/time rec'd into a spreadsheet, then sort by model desired and time rec'd. A slot comes open, check the list and see who's next, then contact them to see if they're still interested and to send in their deposit.....voilà
Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:28 PM   #44

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I can just see the complaints.
"I didn't get your email". "I didn't get a phone call". "Nobody left a message". "I tried to get back to you, but the phone was busy".

Good grief.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #45

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Okay, here's my super brilliant idea on what they should do concerning orders, when their books open up. Take it for what it's worth. 2 cents? Canadian or US? Can't be Canadian as you guys got rid of the penny. 5 cents then.

Tell people, if they email they need to state what time they're sending the email and which time zone they're in, along with which trailer they want. That way they can place them in the order they were actually sent instead of relying on the time stamp on the email, which could be the sender's time zone or ETI's time zone. I've seen both in emails I get. Or there could be a delay in getting that email sent.

For phone calls - take their name and contact phone number (and, of course, which size trailer they want). Start listing those by what time they called. then after a few days or however long it takes things to settle down a bit (phone and email-wise), put together a list of who gets which slot, in order of when they contacted ETI.

If anyone is waiting outside the office door that morning, put them down for what time you got their info from them, get their card number for the deposit and shoo them out the door as you're gonna be busy with phone calls.

Then you start calling everyone back to get their deposits. That way you're not getting all that info to start with and tying up the phone lines for a long time, further frustrating folks that are trying to get through to place their order. Especially if those ordering have a bunch of questions, further tying up the lines. Busy signals get very annoying after a while.

And hope to heck you don't have any tours or orientations scheduled for that day, as you know you're gonna be super busy.

Whew, I'm just glad I don't have to try to figure it all out.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:44 PM   #46

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I think there might be some over complicating of the situation here.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:53 PM   #47

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
I think Escape manages their business quite well on their own and has figured out the efficient business model that works well for them! We didn't order our 2016 5.0 until August of 2015 - so I don't think there will exactly be a bloodbath when they open up the slots for 2017. Spend the wait time thinking about your build sheet and get out the maps and plan some fabulous camping trips!
Old 02-05-2016, 07:02 PM   #48
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I'm probably the only one who thinks ETI is doing it the right way.
Nope, I believe the same thing. ETI is crazy successful because they've figured out a business model that works for them. This isn't their first rodeo with opening up a schedule. They know how to do it.

Besides, one of my favorite sayings of all times:

"Nothing is impossible to those that don't have to do it."

I would imagine the feeding frenzy will only last a short period of time anyway. Why change success?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:47 PM   #49

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokanEscape View Post
I think Escape manages their business quite well on their own and has figured out the efficient business model that works well for them!
I agree. They're expanding and customers are willing to wait a year for delivery. The collective wisdom of this forum won't help them, we're always off the grid camping somewhere

Most injuries injuries in old men occur because they think they are young men!
bisonbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:54 PM   #50

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
I.........give........up........
Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:06 AM   #51

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Discussion of custom options moved to own thread.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:45 PM   #52

Trailer: 2014 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tford View Post
I.........give........up........
A lot of us have. So many things on this forum make no sense .. Except everything and anything ETI does is 'fantastic'.

It would save everyone so much time to simply keep a spreadsheet list extracted from build sheets with all the allowed mods.
Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #53

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
A
It would save everyone so much time to simply keep a spreadsheet list extracted from build sheets with all the allowed mods.
Absolutely! This is what I have done, some thoughts extracted from others ideas, but also a lot of ideas unique to me too. Once complete, a discussion with Escape will reveal costs, and what they can do for me.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:07 AM   #54

Trailer: 17
About 4 weeks left for the reveal. Any friendly speculation?

How about no more curved entry door changed to the industry standard flat door....and a non wood composite floor.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:20 AM   #55

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I like the curved door on my Escape. I think that if Escape modified their door design so that it has the same shape (matching the curve of the exterior of the trailer) but was much stiffer, it would perform better and provide a better seal around the door gasket.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:28 AM   #56
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I like the door too. A flat door on a curved trailer looks weird to me YMMV. This is a Trillium Jubilee, a bit flatter trailer, but the door would look better if it didn't look like a after thought.
Attached Thumbnails
Jubilee-01.jpg   Jubilee-02.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:42 AM   #57

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Door is great as it is, the newer ones are now heavier as they are insulated. There is no floor issue re:wood vs composite as there is no rot. New frameless windows, new pedestal table, maybe Atwood water heater, new style awning like either Oliver or Airstream that have the protection built in.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:10 AM   #58

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
When did the doors become insulated?
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:16 AM   #59

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Mine was done in late 2013 and I believe it became standard right after that, if you got the thermal package. My 2012 Escape had insulated window in the door, but the door was not insulated. When ordering the 2014 Escape I inquired about that disparity and was told it was corrected now.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #60

Trailer: 17
Awning....good guess. Maybe those bump out legs that attach to the lower shell could be solved since they would not sell Reace the machine that made the legs flat and flush. You senior forum members will remember that.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote