2019 interior changes - Page 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2018, 07:40 PM   #181

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
I still have until the 15th of February to complete my build sheet for a 21. I'm wondering if Escape will be refreshing their website to include pictures of these changes.
Obviously they have a trailer with the maple interior complete or nearly complete based on the video. Why don’t you try asking your salesperson to take pictures and send them to you. I’m sure they would be glad to help.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:08 PM   #182

Trailer: On order 21. Scheduled completion May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Obviously they have a trailer with the maple interior complete or nearly complete based on the video. Why don’t you try asking your salesperson to take pictures and send them to you. I’m sure they would be glad to help.
Yes. Of course. I can't explain why I overlooked what was plainly obvious. I'll contact my salesperson.

Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 02:39 PM   #183

Trailer: On order 21. Scheduled completion May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrgramps View Post
Neither can I understand how real wood will darken to match vinyl. It would’ve been a closer match if the other walls and cabinet panels were veneered plywood, like most big box stores carry in multiple thicknesses. But the price would’ve been prohibitive—probably.

My old maple scrap pieces, left in the basement workshop for a decade or two, is still pretty white.
Wood changes 'color' or darkens as a result two processes: UV light and the exposure to oxygen. Maple, oak, ash, butternut, mahogany and walnut for example develop patina -- or darken, gradually over time. That is to say that the process occurs at about the same rate we age so we never notice the changes. What are described as 'exotic woods' many of which I have worked with for the past 40 years are effected by UV light and oxygen to a much greater degree. Pink Ivory for example one of the rarest woods in the world can be a very beautiful nuanced combination of purplish red to deep red to pink. It is not called the "heart break" wood for nothing. Within a year or less it begins to move toward the brown part of the color palette. Over the years I have had a few disgruntled customers who collect my work ship me back a piece made out of pink ivory because of the color change. I had to strip the old finish off and lightly sand the brown tint in order to bring back the red color. The same can be said for purple heart, red heart, bloodwood -- in fact any of the woods that are red, yellow or purple. These will all change color.

Maple got a hard knock in the 60's (think Ethan Allen) because of the types of finishes that were employed. Many of these coatings were (and still are) color tinted toward the yellow in order to prematurely 'age' the wood. Hopefully Escape is employing a clear coat of either polyurethane or a 2 part clear coat. Probably poly since 2 part coatings although very durable can be a pain to work with.

I don't think I'm able to attach an image otherwise I show an example of tiger maple with a clear coat that is around 2 years old.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #184

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
It's always something....we were kind of bummed to find out we'll have the new 90 degree door instead of the friction door....but then I'm very happy to have the new furnace with the outside access door.
Reace advised us that they had had problems with the friction door and the weight of it, hence the move to a new door. I have now got used to the 90 degree door and to be honest, its quite nice having it open for you. If you want to open it wide, you can pop the stay off and open it right up.

Chris & Patricia is online now   Reply With Quote