2019 interior changes - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2018, 09:01 AM   #161

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplecatstar View Post
So excited - we have a completed April date and really like the new 2019 interior maple and changes too but wish they would have changed/updated the fabric also!

Can you please tell us which company and fabric choice you've decided on?
I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by working on our build sheet by myself. Thank you
I just received an update from Colleen, she isn't sold on her recent fabric choice, we will revisit the fabric after the holidays. Our build date isn't until June, so we have time. We actually were done with our build sheet, so the new 2019 interior has created some changes in the "aesthetics department".
Old 12-19-2018, 09:38 AM   #162

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Visited the factory yesterday and saw the floor model with the updated interior (a 19). I give a thumbs up to most all of the changes, especially the faucet and Formica. Also prefer the new linoleum and transparent frosted cabinet door inserts. I’m neutral on the maple. I like it, but like the oak also. Would be okay with either. I did not like the lack of backsplash, however. Also, have never liked the stock fabric, and that was unchanged in the model.

Yesterday was also the first time I’d seen their indoor systems mock up they use for orientation. Very clever.

I asked if they have the new faucet available for purchase and they said they don’t have any in stock, however, they will in the next few months, and can mail them. Cost will be in the neighborhood of CAN$100.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:56 AM   #163

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I like the new maple cabinet doors (and inserts) but not their sharply squared edges and corners.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:57 AM   #164

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplecatstar View Post
So excited - we have a completed April date and really like the new 2019 interior maple and changes too but wish they would have changed/updated the fabric also!

Can you please tell us which company and fabric choice you've decided on?
I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by working on our build sheet by myself. Thank you
Congratulations on your order!!! I know when we spoke, you indicated you had looked long and hard for a used 19'. I still have a pile of samples of fabric, formica and flooring which I will be more than happy to send to you. If you would like them, just PM me and we'll connect. (We went with the Covington Booth Bay (Black/Tan) for our fabric ... ordered through Sailrite. )

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:20 PM   #165

Trailer: none yet
Yes, we recently put down our deposit for a 19' - exciting but a little worrisome too - this is all brand new for us never RV'd before!
Purplecatstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:40 PM   #166

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Am I missing something? The back wall still looks like the vinyl headliner material to me. The “kitchen wall” with waterproof paneling looks to be the bulkhead only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
By back wall I assume you mean behind the galley. It looks like, and I assume is, that same white board as the gable on the right has. Why would you do that side gable only?
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
I spoke with Escape this afternoon and regarding the back splash I was specifically informed that it was the same soft touch vinyl that is used elsewhere on the walls, I even asked if I'd heard right, but in the video and the accompanying email it does say that "Kitchen Wall is now manufactured using a ‘Water Proof Paneling’". It's probably so new that not all the staff are properly briefed yet? I hope that's the case because if it is specifically designed paneling then it should be better than the previous solution and certainly has a much greater area of coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

It would be good to get good clarification from the top. It certainly looks like the back wall of the galley is white, just as on the gable, and it only makes sense. Could be not all staff is fully up to speed on the changes yet.
This thread got really long. Was this ever confirmed with Escape? It still appears to me from pictures that the sidewall (behind the galley) is vinyl and only the small bulkhead/gable is the new "waterproof paneling".
Old 12-19-2018, 01:56 PM   #167

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
This thread got really long. Was this ever confirmed with Escape? It still appears to me from pictures that the sidewall (behind the galley) is vinyl and only the small bulkhead/gable is the new "waterproof paneling".
Melisa sent me a confirmation email. See post #130
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...tml#post273385
Old 12-19-2018, 02:04 PM   #168

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrgramps View Post
Melisa sent me a confirmation email. See post #130
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...tml#post273385
Melissa confirmed with me as well on a phone call. Behind the sink is vinyl like the rest of the walls in the trailer. The bulkhead next to the stove is the new waterproof panel.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #169

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
Melissa confirmed with me as well on a phone call. Behind the sink is vinyl like the rest of the walls in the trailer. The bulkhead next to the stove is the new waterproof panel.
Next to the stoveWhat? There isn’t any water to the right of the stove; water is by the faucet; a foot or more in the opposite direction.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:03 PM   #170

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0
Famous last words:

I am not a crook!

This won't hurt a bit.

It won't leak.

He was a crook, it always hurts and it will leak. If the statements were true it wouldn't be necessary to say them.

If you go to a fabric store there are more types and patterns than it is possible to comprehend. Same goes for wall finishes, laminates and just about every other kind of decorating idea. There is no way a single selection will please everyone, or even most people. It's nice to have some options though, even if they are not to everyone's liking.

The best decorating option is "custom". It is the only one that has any hope of being what you really want.

I hate the upholstery fabric but then I'd probably want to change out the foam too, because I'm really fat and regular foam just smashes to nothing under me.

I like the look of dark things but I like the functionality of light things. I'd probably go with the flooring but not the counter tops. I'd bring it home and have a friend redo the counter tops in another laminate that ran all of the way up the walls. Not only would it not be likely to leak but it would be easier to clean. I hate dirty corners and crevices.

I love Maple and the lighter the better. Oak is nice but not my choice.

So who cares? There are probably 1,000 ways each model can be built and that is a good thing. Each of us will decide which options to take to make us happy. All at a value price. Life is good.
mizterwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:09 PM   #171

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
2019 interior changes

Quote:

The showroom model with the new doodads has only vinyl, sealed at the countertop join with ‘SomethingThatLooksLikeSiliconeButProbablyIsntBeca useSiliconeIsEvilRightDonna?’ and no backsplash. I checked it in person yesterday [emoji6]
Old 12-19-2018, 05:13 PM   #172
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
‘SomethingThatLooksLikeSiliconeButProbablyIsntBeca useSiliconeIsEvilRightDonna?’
Only on the exterior... UVs don't affect the interior like the exterior and you're not trying to seal vents or windows in the interior either.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:12 PM   #173

Trailer: 21C 2023. Previous 2019 17B
So the day after we sent in our final build sheet after much "discussion" between us, we received an email saying we could now decide if we wanted to switch to the new maple look but we had to decide in only a couple of days. I think it was mainly fatigue from making so many choices but we have decided to stick with the oak. I thought the show room trailer looked cozy and I had a hard time deciding on something from a short video recording. Of course Scott wanted the maple but he got the frameless windows so we are having the oak.
Bcescapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:25 AM   #174

Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcescapist View Post
So the day after we sent in our final build sheet after much "discussion" between us, we received an email saying we could now decide if we wanted to switch to the new maple look but we had to decide in only a couple of days. I think it was mainly fatigue from making so many choices but we have decided to stick with the oak. I thought the show room trailer looked cozy and I had a hard time deciding on something from a short video recording. Of course Scott wanted the maple but he got the frameless windows so we are having the oak.
I'm pretty much a believer in the saying, "Think long, thing wrong". You can over think things that can keep you up all night and even make you sick, is it really worth it, I don't think so. We have been looking at upgrading our Casita to an Escape, Oliver, or Bigfoot and I can tell you the wife and I know what options and colors we would pick if we were to make that decision today.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:46 AM   #175

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcescapist View Post
While there is something to say about the lightness of the maple, the oak is a warmer colour. Either is a great choice and you will love the oak look.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:12 AM   #176

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
In the end, we went with the maple.

The fabric we'd selected (a textured weave) probably goes better with the maple, and my wife wanted lighter countertops so we kept the flax/cream formica. If it's too light when it's done, or too cool, there are bedspreads, table cloths and throw rugs that can brighten and warm things up.

Anyway, it's a Canadian trailer and what's more Canadian than maple? We had the outside trim done in maple leaf red, too (or as close as we could come off the color sheet). I'm very pro-Canadian these days. Probably Chrysta Friedland's doing--a farm girl from Alberta with a Harvard education--what more could a guy ask for? I know, I know, no politics. But I'll bet her dad has an Escape. Or maybe a Big Horn . . .
Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:32 AM   #177

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrgramps View Post
Now being offered:
The cabinet doors in the overhead cabinet have a frosted glass inset.
New kitchen faucet
No Backsplash
New Std. Formica
New Std. Flooring
Kitchen Wall is now manufactured using a ‘Water Proof Paneling’
https://youtu.be/FiR5x2Fea3k
I still have until the 15th of February to complete my build sheet for a 21. I'm wondering if Escape will be refreshing their website to include pictures of these changes.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 12:02 PM   #178

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We have custom flooring , countertops , and fabric in our trailer .
If we knew ahead of time about these changes we could have saved ourselves some money
I know for a fact that many options on our trailer will be in pristine condition when we sell because you can’t wear out something you never use . So much for long term thinking and pondering
Hindsight is always easier !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 12:25 PM   #179

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You bought your trailer used, did you not?
Old 12-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #180

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You bought your trailer used, did you not?
Don’t worry , I took care of the problem !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote