2019 interior changes - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2018, 06:40 PM   #181

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
I still have until the 15th of February to complete my build sheet for a 21. I'm wondering if Escape will be refreshing their website to include pictures of these changes.
Obviously they have a trailer with the maple interior complete or nearly complete based on the video. Why don’t you try asking your salesperson to take pictures and send them to you. I’m sure they would be glad to help.
Old 12-23-2018, 07:08 PM   #182

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Obviously they have a trailer with the maple interior complete or nearly complete based on the video. Why don’t you try asking your salesperson to take pictures and send them to you. I’m sure they would be glad to help.
Yes. Of course. I can't explain why I overlooked what was plainly obvious. I'll contact my salesperson.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrgramps View Post
Neither can I understand how real wood will darken to match vinyl. It would’ve been a closer match if the other walls and cabinet panels were veneered plywood, like most big box stores carry in multiple thicknesses. But the price would’ve been prohibitive—probably.

My old maple scrap pieces, left in the basement workshop for a decade or two, is still pretty white.
Wood changes 'color' or darkens as a result two processes: UV light and the exposure to oxygen. Maple, oak, ash, butternut, mahogany and walnut for example develop patina -- or darken, gradually over time. That is to say that the process occurs at about the same rate we age so we never notice the changes. What are described as 'exotic woods' many of which I have worked with for the past 40 years are effected by UV light and oxygen to a much greater degree. Pink Ivory for example one of the rarest woods in the world can be a very beautiful nuanced combination of purplish red to deep red to pink. It is not called the "heart break" wood for nothing. Within a year or less it begins to move toward the brown part of the color palette. Over the years I have had a few disgruntled customers who collect my work ship me back a piece made out of pink ivory because of the color change. I had to strip the old finish off and lightly sand the brown tint in order to bring back the red color. The same can be said for purple heart, red heart, bloodwood -- in fact any of the woods that are red, yellow or purple. These will all change color.

Maple got a hard knock in the 60's (think Ethan Allen) because of the types of finishes that were employed. Many of these coatings were (and still are) color tinted toward the yellow in order to prematurely 'age' the wood. Hopefully Escape is employing a clear coat of either polyurethane or a 2 part clear coat. Probably poly since 2 part coatings although very durable can be a pain to work with.

I don't think I'm able to attach an image otherwise I show an example of tiger maple with a clear coat that is around 2 years old.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:39 PM   #184

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
It's always something....we were kind of bummed to find out we'll have the new 90 degree door instead of the friction door....but then I'm very happy to have the new furnace with the outside access door.
Reace advised us that they had had problems with the friction door and the weight of it, hence the move to a new door. I have now got used to the 90 degree door and to be honest, its quite nice having it open for you. If you want to open it wide, you can pop the stay off and open it right up.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:45 AM   #185

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Wow!! Yours looks so cozy!
The position you took this picture: you have a king size? Almost looks like it
My thoughts exactly. Warm and inviting and cozy.

-Bill
GeorgiaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:29 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbny View Post
Will Oak continue to be an option, or have they switched over to Maple across the board?
My question exactly. Just ordered an ESC21 with Aug 6 completion this week and definitely prefer oak.

I'll read on for the answer.
-Bill
Old 03-20-2019, 11:37 AM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
This what I was told
The only pictures I have of the new Maple Interior are really geared towards the faucet. However, you can see the new formica (Mineral Jet #3450-58) as well as the new look the dividing wall is taking on between the kitchen and the dinette. We will be phasing out the current Oak interior over the next several months, so currently people with trailers on order will be given the option between the two. We were JUST given an email this morning to send out to our customers with completion dates in February and March as we need to hear from these folks ASAP whether they want to have the Maple or Oak interior.

So I sent an email that I wanted the oak, although my completion date isn't until April
Oh, Yuk. I just noticed my build sheet states 'MAPLE INTERIOR'. Maybe I better start looking for a late model used 21'.

I'll keep reading.
-Bill
Old 03-20-2019, 11:38 AM   #188

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
It was my understanding that the new maple will replace the oak once the transition builds have been completed, in other words the 6 month back log of deposited builds with the oak interior.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:04 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBill View Post
Oh, Yuk. I just noticed my build sheet states 'MAPLE INTERIOR'. Maybe I better start looking for a late model used 21'.

I'll keep reading.
-Bill
Actually I would have switched to the new maple for several reasons. The ease of backlit lighting with the glass cabinet door inserts, the darker counter tops and floor will certainly hide dirt and imperfections easier. That said I had already ordered and paid Olson's Flooring in Chilliwack for a custom floor that, although darker, would not have looked good with the maple, thus I was forced to stay with the older style oak. On edit, but at least I'm getting the new style "J" faucet...
Old 03-20-2019, 12:41 PM   #190

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Jim, Sounds like a good reason to sell the 2019 and order a 2020.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:01 PM   #191

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
While we like the interior changes , the new standard Formica , flooring and maple cabinetry. We usually keep our RV's minimum 12 years each . Trends, colors etc are always going to change . It is a losing race to try and keep up. We love our trailer and all the upgrades we made which anyone can do ,upgrade , improve, and change,which we did . No reason to change for us . We just want to be comfortable and be able to go camping . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:17 PM   #192

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Actually I would have switched to the new maple for several reasons. The ease of backlit lighting with the glass cabinet door inserts, the darker counter tops and floor will certainly hide dirt and imperfections easier. That said I had already ordered and paid Olson's Flooring in Chilliwack for a custom floor that, although darker, would not have looked good with the maple, thus I was forced to stay with the older style oak. On edit, but at least I'm getting the new style "J" faucet...
That maple will get darker over time ......dark surfaces don't always hide stuff .....personally I think oak is great in small spaces particularly because it is so durable .....given a choice I would always opt for either white or a natural light oak for a kitchen can look new for a decade...... hope you post photos of yours soon Jim !!
Old 03-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
That maple will get darker over time ......dark surfaces don't always hide stuff .....personally I think oak is great in small spaces particularly because it is so durable .....given a choice I would always opt for either white or a natural light oak for a kitchen can look new for a decade...... hope you post photos of yours soon Jim !!
Yes, will do, it is due to be hatched late next month and we pick it up 8 weeks from today on the way to Osoyoos.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:03 PM   #194

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
If that is frosted plexiglass in the new doors it might be nice to have a matching strip along the wall as a backsplash. Attach it with some 3m spray glue and silicon bead at the bottom and it will stay right in place.
Will receive my 17B in October and love this idea - along with many others you've shared. Thanks!
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:23 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
I don't know of any wood that will not darken with age. The two culprits are ultra violet light and oxygen. Maple shifts to a golden honey. White oak takes longer to darken as it ages. Red oak darkens faster.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #196

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
One thing i wish Escape would change is the cushion fabric. After 8 months of ownership we really came to hate the standard fabric. From different directions the fabric looks greasy or dirty. We know it is the different textures, but we recently recovered with an ultra suede and are much happier now.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:52 AM   #197

Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
One thing i wish Escape would change is the cushion fabric. After 8 months of ownership we really came to hate the standard fabric. From different directions the fabric looks greasy or dirty. We know it is the different textures, but we recently recovered with an ultra suede and are much happier now.
Now you know why furniture stores stay in business.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:11 AM   #198

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
One thing i wish Escape would change is the cushion fabric. After 8 months of ownership we really came to hate the standard fabric.
On the other hand, after 5 years with the standard fabric in our 19, we like it so that's what our new 21 will have.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:36 PM   #199

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
For me, this print is not only too busy, but dark and depressing, as well. That said, I could easily work with a solid in any ONE of the colors found in that print and be quite happy, because I'd then toss about a few pillows and throws in prints I like. ETI probably chose not to go with a solid, because the slightest stain on a solid is far more apparent than it would be on a print, but I wish they'd at least offer one alternative in a solid. Ah, well. Here's hoping that the bolt of solid blue Sunbrella fabric I purchased years ago and stuck in the garage still has enough material left to cover my cushions. I'll stow away the others for the next owner, who may love the dark print. Each to his or her own!
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:49 PM   #200

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Do you suppose that, years ago, ETI bought out the entire world's supply of that standard pattern (as just a business/economic decision)?
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote