2019 Price Increase - TARIFFS - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2018, 05:25 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape Queen
2019 Price Increase - TARIFFS

As Escape Trailer Industries continues to monitor the new trade tariffs and the impact they are having in our industry, we are faced with limited options, and the decision to impose a price increase to compensate for the increased costs.

Over the past couple of months, we have received price increases on several products used in the manufacturing of the Escape Travel Trailer. The third phase of Tariff increases will see another increase in product manufactured outside of Canada and the US. Although, we have done our best to mitigate the impact of the escalating tariff increases the third stage has forced us to implement a Tariff Surcharge along with some new pricing.

Effective December 1, 2018 Escape Trailer Industries will be increasing the base price of each Escape Trailer by $1,200.00cdn. This increase will affect any Trailer Sale received on or after December 1, 2018. Customers will also see some changes to Option Prices, the new pricing will be applied to new orders, as well as those customers who have not yet selected their options. (Please note if an option has been selected it will not be affected)

Tariff pricing will remain in place until such time that the tariffs are eliminated or adjusted.

Escape Trailer Industries

Tammy and Escape Office is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Escape 17B
Would be great if ETI could find Canadian sources for some of their components. Totally unrealistic to find everything I know but we've become very dependent on other countries supply chains. Maybe tariffs will encourage more Canadian manufacturing.

lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
Would be great if ETI could find Canadian sources for some of their components. Totally unrealistic to find everything I know but we've become very dependent on other countries supply chains.
I agree that it would be great, but it's probably unrealistic to find Canadian manufacturers for any of the appliances or other major components. Even in the ten-times-larger U.S. market, there are few manufacturers and a high concentration in only one area. All of the Canadian RV manufacturers put together don't have enough production volume to justify a manufacturing plant for something like furnaces.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:35 AM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I offered Escape to use my US address as their ancillary US location, that could save these fees but they politely declined.....
Old 11-01-2018, 05:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A - "The Pullman"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I offered Escape to use my US address as their ancillary US location, that could save these fees but they politely declined.....

I note that Tammy did indicate in the post "outside of Canada and the U.S.". So, the address is of no consequence. Much of the stuff we want comes from overseas.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:38 PM   #6

Trailer: TBD
It’s too bad that Escape can not find a way to import the products they need directly from overseas into Canada and not from the US into Canada thus avoiding the tariffs
Escape and their customers are both paying the price , hopefully things will return to normal in the near future
Old 11-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
It’s too bad that Escape can not find a way to import the products they need directly from overseas into Canada and not from the US into Canada thus avoiding the tariffs
Escape and their customers are both paying the price , hopefully things will return to normal in the near future

Wouldn't help. U.S. already has an eye on preventing steel from being dumped into Canada en route to the U.S.

U.S. would apply tariffs when trailer is imported.

It's why you can expect to pay more for cars and trucks. The parts go back and forth across the border during manufacture.

Also, price from manufacturer would go up because quantities would be "small".

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:24 AM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Just got a blurb today on other companies raising prices due to tariffs...
I have some important news for you that we just found out Friday...

Forest River, Heartland and Keystone have just announced to us that a “minimum of 3% price increase is coming effective January 1st, 2019”.

This is due to the 3 rounds of tariffs that have been applied to a wide range of goods imported to the United States. This has impacted the cost of many products used in the RV industry including steel, aluminum, electrical, appliances, fabrics, as well as a wide range of other components.

Buy now to avoid the price increase that will be a minimum of $900 on a $30,000 RV. You can't wait till spring this year!!! Reply to this email or call 877-877-4494 to let us help you to save big on the RV you want now!

Thanks,

David Durnell
Owner, RV Wholesalers

Old 11-12-2018, 01:27 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for 4th Maiden Voyage
I'm going to buy my next Escape Trailer at the Duty Free Store in SeaTac Airport. Its also my understanding that the Tariffs will go away in November 2020.

Tom
Old 11-12-2018, 02:03 PM   #10

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Story on this morning's CBC news says Prime Minister Trudeau expects tariffs to be gone this month.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote