21' Escape - Coming Soon - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #21

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Re: 21' Escape - Coming Soon

Congratulations! This is exciting news and we are looking forward to seeing the plan.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #22

Will it have a double sink in the kitchen? Will it have a bathroom that is not wet? Will it have a larger fridge? Will it have a North/South queen bed? Will it have other options like a front sofa, club chairs? Just some things to think about.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:55 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

That is a lot to ask for with only 2 more feet!!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

I would rather have the extra space for storage, counters, open space, etc, than to have a larger bath. The existing one is plenty big for our needs. We usually do dishes outside, so a single sink is fine, but it might be an idea for an option for those that like it. The only issue with a larger fridge is getting it in through the door opening. The 5cf model they use is about the biggest they can get in. We were looking into a larger one to start with, but am glad we never went with it, the existing is big enough for our use.

The bed in the current model is already north/south (front to back).
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA

Hi to all,
I just had to respond.

There seems to be alot of speculation and a wish list for the new 21' that may be in production soon. I think this will open the market abit more for those raising kids and trying to camp outdoors with a fiberglass RV.

I have been out seeing America in our new 5.0 for the last three weeks and it's my opinion that a 19' or 5.0 is just right to travel in for weeks for two adults. I never want to lose sight as to why I own and use a small light weight fiberglass trailer. The easy of towing, fuel economy, a dream to use and maintain, and ability to camp in the smallest of sites. Like boats, I often find people with big ones want smaller rigs and people with smaller rigs want bigger ones. In America as well as Texas where I hang my hat everything leans toward big.

Most the manufacture's of large fiberglass trailers have gone by the way side for one reason or another.

The fiberglass family has a base of minimalist who camp with less. Who take delight camping dry or sqeezing into a site too small for a Class A ,B, C or a Texas size 5th. Folks who like vintage & restoration and those who enjoy small updated, newer rigs. So before you trade up, think about rising fuel prices and the ability to travel with bigger. Someone once told me that a bigger,fancier RV tends to keep you inside and away from the outdoors & the chance to intereact with people.

This is just one man's opinion and his perpective on getting a larger new 21' and I respect everyone's thoughts and opinions on this topic.

David
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #26

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th

i wasnt aware that the current 19 ft bed was different. I thought they were still east/west if you will. did this change ?
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #27

Trailer: Casita ... for now ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac
i wasnt aware that the current 19 ft bed was different. I thought they were still east/west if you will. did this change ?
You are correct. The only north/south bed is in the 5.0.
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #28
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)

Sorry to keep everyone waiting....

The new 21' will be a bumper pull, not a fifth wheel...yet. As staff holidays have started taking over my life, I am having a hard time sneaking away to work on the details for the new trailer. I will post the floor plan and a photo-shopped version of the new model soon. In the mean time, a full size mocked up version is under way. I will post photos of this too.

Never seems to be enough time in the day.....wonder why?

Reace
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #29

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA

Ohh noo! When we had our 17' we had the 2' itis and bought the 19'. The extra 2' made a huge difference for us as we travel with one very large dog and one small one. Now the news of a 21' has us in a conundrum.
But I've been told size doesn't matter..!
grape_escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #30

Wow, a 21' Escape trailer. I hope there is a market for something that will be approaching Bigfoot's size and weight. According to Escape's website, two more feet may add another 3-400 lbs plus there is now more room for your "stuff". On fiberglass rv there is a list of Escape weights taken at rallies. Remember the published website weight is without options so a fully optioned Escape 19' will probably be closer to 3000# and the 21' will probably be closer to 3500#. This is dry weight. With liquids and "stuff" you maybe another 500#. That 5000lb limit is slowly narrowing down for tow vehicle choices. Something to think about.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #31

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th

That kind of weight will certainly be aproaching where most would want a 1/2 ton truck/suv to tow with. It certainly will be interesting to see what
"Majic" Reece comes up with. I kind of wondered if it will be similar to the big foot 21 ft rear bed. I guess time will tell. we started out looking for a bigfoot 21 rb when we stummbled accross the Escape trailers. I was much happier with the amount of head room in the bed area in the 19ft escape over the big foot, although the bigfoot has more walking space the bed area is just not for me. I get very claustaphobic with a lack of head room above where i sleep, also why the 5.0 is not a option for me.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #32

I get the impression Reace maybe combining the best of both 19 footers, the trailer and fifth wheel. The trailer is more versatile with tow vehicles and the fifth wheel has the rear dinette, I think Brain's description hit it on post #17, a rear dinette with front bed. We will see....
Old 07-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #33

Wow! soooo excited to hear this. We were thinking of the 5th wheel because we like the dinette at the back and bed at the front. We also (well I did) want the bed that we didn't have to make up and down everyday - we have the 17 ft. Love the idea of switching the bed to the back (the 19ft the bed is at the back). We also love the idea of having the fridge and stove next to the table and the bathroom near the bed! sign us up - when will it be ready? send pictures ....wonderful!
Shelly and Rob Olsen
robandshelly is offline   Reply With Quote