21' Escape - Coming Soon - Photo mock up and floorplan - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #11

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Re: 21' Escape - Coming Soon - Photo mock up and floorplan

Maybe so, but these trailers are pulled by the half- or three quarter-ton gas guzzlers that will also be required to pull the 21. I just think the uniqueness of the Escape trailers will be lost with the addition of the 21.

Doug

Old 07-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #12
davel

I find it interesting that in this economy and fuel prices a larger heavier trailer would be needed. I agree with nuthatchBC that they continue to improve the line. One suggestion I have is get a full size bed in the 17. I had a long talk with Reese and it comes down to moving the door forward about 2 feet. This would allow a mini 19 floor plan. Personally the bed size has kept me from buying. I looked long and hard at the 19 and don't want the extra size and weight.

Dave
Old 07-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #13

Trailer: 17B 2017

Half ton size towable being the greatest public demand, as in best selling, makes me personally not skeptical at all. It would be nice if that front bed hinged up on gas shocks to get at under bed storage. No spouse crawl over looks nice. It will be fun to see how it all works out in the end. Maybe we will be able so see how the molds are coming along in the future like in the past with the 5th and 19. A new mold does not come around very often
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #14

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19

I couldn't resist a sketch of my own. I'm calling this the "Rob and Laura Petrie" for reasons that become apparent when you see the sketch. At least it solves the problem of climbing over each other to get out of bed. : --Liz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rob and Laura sm.jpg (59.9 KB, 340 views)
Old 07-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Liz, I like the twin bed concept, it would have to be a reverse layout though, as you have the door over a wheel well, which would not work.

Your naming it is like the joke about the ceiling, it is over my head.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21

Heavier is a relative term. Adding 2' of fiberglass and frame will probably only be around 350 to 400 pounds (check the dry weights of the 15, 17, and 19). A lot of the weight is equipment, not shell. I am betting Reese brings the 21' in under 3000 pounds dry (my guess is 2900 pounds). Even loaded for the road the Escape 21 is probably going to weigh about the same as the majority of the 17' Casitas out there. No half ton pickup required. If you are comfortable towing a Escape 19, you should be just as comfortable with an Escape 21. SUV's, small pickups, and properly equipped minvans should just fine for this Escape. In my opinion, this is an improvement to the Escape product line, not a departure from it.
keager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour

Dmac and davel, I was thinking the same things. Escape is about to leave the realm of lightweight trailers with a 21'. As far as I am concerned, the 19' is the biggest fiberglass egg that can be towed with a mid-sized SUV. What TV is being suggested for this 21'.

The bed is probably the biggest deal to people. I would have liked a 17' but we didn't get one mostly because of the bed. If the 17' were changed as you mention to have a bigger bed, that would sell many more 17s.

I am guessing that they will drop either the 17' or 19' or 15' (as they pretty much dropped the 13') because they will figure there is too much overlap and not enough market. Maybe they will still take orders for what is dropped like they do for the 13'.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #18

Trailer: 2016 Tacoma Off Road, 2017 21

I was at the Escape factory today getting my refrigerator fixed (THANKS, REACE!!!) If you get a chance to go to Chilliwack, ask him to walk you through the mock up of the 21' they have put together in a 19' shell. Seeing it in 3D gives you an idea of how open the feel is. Of course, there are probably as many ideas on layout are there are people, but the basic plan looks good.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #19

Reace is not one to jump into something new without a lot of thinking. They are missing the 21ft market. Bigfoot is building a 21 front bed in limited supply for dealers. Used Bigfoot 21's are hard to find. At Bandon Reace spent a lot of time looking over two 21ft Bigfoot's. New molds are very expensive to make and Reace said he may lengthen the 19ft body to 21 without a lot of costs. No other manufacturer has ever asked trailer owners what they would like to have in a new model.
Chuck
Old 07-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #20

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th

lets face it, Tammy and Reece have a buisness that has to be profitable thats the reality. If they feel that there is market fir this trailer and it will help their buisness then all the power to them, they build several different trailers so that people with different tastes have choices. I would imagine they have had interest in a 21 ft or they would not be putting resources into it. Just becasue a trailer is different to what a individual already has doesn't make it a poor idea it just makes it a different option for others

dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote