21' Escape - Coming Soon - Photo mock up and floorplan - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Re: 21' Escape - Coming Soon - Photo mock up and floorplan

After they finish this trailer and successfully enter that market... I'd like to put in a request for a 13' fifth wheel. Seriously.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D.
After they finish this trailer and successfully enter that market... I'd like to put in a request for a 13' fifth wheel. Seriously.
Like the tiny one pulled by the Volkswagen in the video,
Old 07-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #23
JCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D.
I believe the new 5th wheel will be a wide body and possiby up to a 21'. Just folloing suit behind this 21'! :
Old 07-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)

Most of our units are actually 6"-8" longer than their advertised length. The new 'proposed' 21' will be 21', which means we are only looking to extend the existing 19' body by 18". 14" in front of the door and 4" behind the axles. Our goal was to achieve a 'north-south' bed in the front...as large as possible, and a rear 4 person dinette. What falls in the middle is bonus. The kitchen is going to be around 60" long which will allow for a double sink and still leave plenty of counter space. The other side will have the new 6.3 cu ft fridge with micro and storage beside. The front bed will lift with shock assist for access to storage.

There is always the 2-foot-itis market. What we hope to tap into a bit more with the 21' is the down-sizeing market.

Donna...they already make 13' fifth wheels! You just need to put a frame under a camper!

Reace

reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #25
JCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by reace
Most of our units are actually 6"-8" longer than their advertised length. The new 'proposed' 21' will be 21', which means we are only looking to extend the existing 19' body by 18". 14" in front of the door and 4" behind the axles. Our goal was to achieve a 'north-south' bed in the front...as large as possible, and a rear 4 person dinette. What falls in the middle is bonus. The kitchen is going to be around 60" long which will allow for a double sink and still leave plenty of counter space. The other side will have the new 6.3 cu ft fridge with micro and storage beside. The front bed will lift with shock assist for access to storage.

There is always the 2-foot-itis market. What we hope to tap into a bit more with the 21' is the down-sizeing market.

Donna...they already make 13' fifth wheels! You just need to put a frame under a camper!

Reace
There should be plenty of the down sizing market with the way fuel prices continue to go.

Oh yea of little faith......have no fear.....Reace is here! :P

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #26

Quote:

Oh.. I think you'll tap into some beer after the mold is done..

favorite quote: "Put the candle back"
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #27

Trailer: Casita ... for now ...

Reace,
I think this new 21 foot looks great!
Best of luck and continued success to you and Tammy.

brian
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21

Yeah!! Only 18" longer, that's what I was hoping for. I am going to revise my weight estimate down to 2800 pounds dry. Reese is a miracle worker on keeping the weight down. You could almost call it the Escape 19plus, but, I guess Escape 21 has a better ring to it.

I think this is a great addition to the lineup.

Bill
keager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #29

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th

Just curious about something, i am wondering why the proposed lay out basics ie the bed and rear dinnette couldn't be done in the 19 ft shell. I wonder if it is a problem with wheel wells or some thing like that ? if the 21 is actually a foot and a 1/2 bigger I wonder what is in the way?
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #30
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)

The 2 major obstacles in designing a floorplan is the entry door and the wheels. Sooooo many times I have the request of ...why don't you just move this or that, and my response almost 100% of the time is...'the wheels are there'. If I could just stagger the wheels....hmmmm.

While down in Bandon, I had found a way to make a rear - north south bed in the 19', but the front dinette would only seat 2 people. I asked about 15-20 couples if they would give up the 4 person dinette for the north south bed....and not one said yes....hmmm, back to the drawing board.

Reace
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #31

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th

thats kind of what i figured, otherwise why go to the trouble of another shell. was just currious.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #32

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac
Just curious about something, i am wondering why the proposed lay out basics ie the bed and rear dinnette couldn't be done in the 19 ft shell. I wonder if it is a problem with wheel wells or some thing like that ? if the 21 is actually a foot and a 1/2 bigger I wonder what is in the way?

When I was out at the factory last week Reace mentioned that the new 21 would also be 4" wider than the 19 which makes it 8" wider than the 15' and 17'. The mock up he showed me was a 19' that was going to be lengthened by 18" and widened by 4". I would image if he used the original 19' then there would not be enough room to fit a bathroom beside the full size bed. If this layout was used in the 19' then the bed would end up about the same width as the 17' and the bed width seems to be the reason most people move up to the 19' in the first place.

Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #33

I really like the sofa bed we have in the front of our Fiberglass Trailer. The rear bed is N/S. The sofa is more comfortable than a four person dinette. Maybe it could be an option.
How about calling it a 6.4 Meter Model instead of a 21ft.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #34

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvomaha
I couldn't resist a sketch of my own. I'm calling this the "Rob and Laura Petrie" for reasons that become apparent when you see the sketch. At least it solves the problem of climbing over each other to get out of bed. : --Liz
I like your idea of the twin beds too. Just to be really different from all the other escapes, why not put a door in the rear of the trailer, entering between the two beds. That way, while traveling, you can put kayaks (or other equipment) into the straight hall of the trailer. There is a stick trailer built in Ontario that uses this layout--the Taylor Coach. Just thought I would mention it.

Nancy B.
17B owner
Trailer - 17B - "Minnie" Escape

Look out backroads--here I come!  Quietly (maybe), Serenely (possibly), With Respect... (always!)
Nancy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #35

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy B.

I like your idea of the twin beds too. Just to be really different from all the other escapes, why not put a door in the rear of the trailer, entering between the two beds. That way, while traveling, you can put kayaks (or other equipment) into the straight hall of the trailer. There is a stick trailer built in Ontario that uses this layout--the Taylor Coach. Just thought I would mention it.

Nancy B.
17B owner
Now THAT is a great idea! Then you could have the queen bed at the front, out of the flow. Might be awkward with the table though if you wanted the twin beds to make up into a dinette - the table would have to be easily removable to stash those kayaks (or in my case a concert harp...)

Rosemary
Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #36

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Unfortunately the moulds are not built to accommodate a rear door. While there are a couple advantages to this, the negatives would outweigh them in most cases. Things like no bike or storage rack on the back, the door would get dirty easier (the back is always dirty when towing on dirt roads), a decent awning would not be possible, plus most campground sites are geared towards a side door anyway.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #37

love the dinette at the back for the view and love the bed bath and closet together and all the kitchen stuff towards the end where the table is. But I confess I love the 19 with the dinette at the back because I love the queen bed. If I had a magic wand - I'd keep the 19 and reverse the bed and table.
Shelly
robandshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #38

Quote:
Ok...the photo is a bit rough...but I hope you will get the idea I am shooting for.

Reace
Hi Reese,

We are planing on getting the 19 next summer. Do you have a time frame as to when this will be available or a demo that we can see? Also do you have a rough weight? We need a trailer thats under 3000 with air-conditioning. I assume the extra couple feet should not add to much weight?

Thanks
Jamie
john2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #39

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

If you want a timely reply from Escape Trailer Industries, you need to direct questions to them on their web site. Click on the box at the top of the page for contact info. Tammy and Reace do read the Escape Travel Forum, but the forum is independent of Escape Trailer Industries.

baglo
Old 09-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #40
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA

Everytime I buy a lottery ticket, I go to the Escape Trailer Industries production schedule to see when I can get on the schedule for a new 5.0

Bought a ticket for next Wednesday (my dad's 98th birthday) and saw this!
Attached Images

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote