21' Escape - MY impression - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #71

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Bigfoot has had many models over the years, though currently do only offer 3.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #72

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
My honest opinion about the new 21' Escape is that it is another awesome trailer from a great company, but it does not suit my style or interests relative to size or layout. I am not keen on the front permanent bed concept for the 21' . In theory, I do like the extra space that the 21' provides in comparison to the other Escapes. However, the biggest reason for us buying an Escape is that we wanted a small, compact and maneuverable trailer. I wanted to stay with a size that could be towed easily by a mid- sized vehicle. The 21' is moving in the opposite direction from these things. Because our family is quite large, but shrinking steadily as the kids go off on their own, the19' fits our needs quite well at the moment. When at the Escape factory, I fell in love with both the 15B and the 5.0. All of the Escapes are truly fine trailers and I think that I could be happy in any of them. Who knows, if my circumstances were to change, I could be shopping for the new 5.0T a few years down the road.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #73

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Floating Cloud... I think it takes about 3 weeks from start of mold to finished trailer. That means mod's. make sense.
Stick builts are banged together so fast, they must offer several layouts sans mod's.
Sorry my prejudice is showing... must be the ice in my eyes!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
May you get the ice out of your eyes and see your retirement clearly! You could even take the trailer for a spin around the inside of the building!
float5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #74

Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
... and Nest is far from in production: they don't even have a prototype bodyshell, or final specs for mechanical components. There's also Team Trillium (with the Outback) and Lil Snoozy, in the one-model moulded fiberglass travel trailer market.

Even the longest-established manufacturers in this game (Evelands/Scamp and Casita, plus Bigfoot if you count reincarnation) have only three models (plus floorplan variations) each.
Do they need an entire new mold to change the floor plan? Are the window openings molded in or cut in?

I like the front bed, rear bed option in the bigfoot. It would be reasonable to have a couple of floor plans on the 21. I like many others would opt for a bigger bed.

(But I dont see us ordering a 21 anyway. We are still getting used to our 19.)
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #75

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeDan View Post
Do they need an entire new mold to change the floor plan? Are the window openings molded in or cut in?
Typically no, so floorplan variants are easier than different lengths. Escape is unusual in having six body sizes but only one or two floorplan variants of each, while other moulded trailer manufactures have no more than three moulds but in one case (the Scamp 16') seven interiors/floorplans.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #76
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Escape would need to fiberglass the different attachment points inside for the different layouts. Scamp cheaps out... they just rivet through the shell... no attachments points on the inside except for the very basic cabinetry and those are always in the same place.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #77

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Escape would need to fiberglass the different attachment points inside for the different layouts.
Good point... although changing attachment points shouldn't require a different mould.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote