21' Floor plan with rear bed - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
21' Floor plan with rear bed

Ok...how about this one?

With the other floorplan, there have been many comments that people don't want to walk into the bed area. I can't move the door to the rear...so here is a flip. The front dinette is the same size as the 19'. Microwave cabinet at the end of the bed will be around 45"-50" high with a countertop.

Reace

Attached Thumbnails
21\' Floorplan rear bed sml.jpg  
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Re: 21' Floor plan with rear bed

I know this has to be hairpulling for you Reace. THANK YOU for considering the wants of your future consummers. I still prefer a front bedroom (I'd hang a curtain to prevent walking into the "bedroom" area" because I truly want to look out and eat while looking at something other than my tug.

Would it be possible to offer Layout A (front bedroom) and Layout B (rear bedroom), or am I truly asking too much
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

Make that layout "F" and layout "R"
Old 08-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19

Now, THAT is cool. If I didn't already have and love my 19, I'd go for that layout in a trailer purchase. I'm guessing that the bed mattress is going to be a custom build. Since it won't be flippable/rotatable, it would probably have to be made of very high grade foam.

The top of the microwave cabinet could make for a great TV mounting area; it could pivot to the bed or dinette easily.

Nice going, Reace!

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #5

Rear Access Hatch Door

Please consider the option (or standard) of a hatch door located at the rear of the trailer(like airstreams). A hatch door located in the rear, rather than side. would allow long toys such as kayaks to be slid into the back of the trailer. Sea kayaks would need about 16 inches tall by 32 inches wide. Recreational kayaks need about 16 inches by 37 inches.
Ranger Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #6

I agree with Donna, it would be nice to have both layouts. If I had to pick one it would be the first one with the front bed. Dawn already figures we would put up a small curtain to keep the light down if someone was up and someone was sleeping. The one thing I wanted from the 19 foot was a layout similar the the 5.0. I love the rear dinning and all the windows, and this is the typically the best view when inside. I also think the back bedroom model possibly offers a little more storage and it's a cleaner design (with out the stair stepped cabinets to the bed.) If you just offer the rear bed, I still think it would be workable and be a great addition to the line. I'm glad I'm not the one making the decision
danH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #7

Trailer: Casita ... for now ...

Looks like a larger bathroom in this configuration than the other one. I guess there's always some trade offs, but I personally like the rear dining area with three windows around to enjoy the view. I'm with Donna and Dan. A curtain on a track could partition off the bedroom area from the rest of the trailer.
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #8

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th

i bet there would be lots of interest in both layouts, there certainly apears to be lots of different likes and wants.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Unfortunately I have to pick one as the door placement in the mold changes with either plan. With the front bed layout...I can also offer the same layout as the 19' (side-to-side bed)

Reace
Old 08-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #10

Trailer: 17

Another vote here for front Bedroom rear dinette
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #11

Reese, with the side to side front bed, I'm assuming the bathroom would be in the same spot as the 19'?
danH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by reace
Unfortunately I have to pick one as the door placement in the mold changes with either plan. With the front bed layout...I can also offer the same layout as the 19' (side-to-side bed)

Reace

Another vote for the rear bed
I would like the rear dinette if the door was in the back.
(I wouldn't want to walk back and forth through the trailer every time I came in and wanted to sit down)
Old 08-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #13

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th

maybee its just that the people who like the dinnette in the rear are the post passionate about it but that seems what the most coomon wish is. I really like the layout of the 19ft but i am wondering what the point of having basicaly the same trailer as the 19 just a wee bit bigger would be. if your going to have a different option would it not be best to have a totally different choice to try and win the people who like the rear dinnette? There also seems to be a group of people who don't often eat in the trailer ( like us ) or those who just don't care so the 19 ft could be for those people?
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21

I still like the first layout with the bed in the front best. There is certainly some logic to the Escape 19 being the trailer of choice for the rear bedroom (with curtain) folks and the Escape 21 being the trailer of choice for us rear living room folks. Maybe choices of substance rather than just a variation on a theme would cover the most possible buyers. Just a thought ...

Bill
keager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #15

I like the rear bed/bath option. On our last trip there was a group next to us and the fire ring was out to the front of the campsites and it was hard to sleep in our front bedroom TT. Also when looking at the 19' model the thing that struck me was when we entered the coach the first thing that I saw was the bathroom door and it gave me a feeling of being in a small space.
On the rear bed/bath option you are greeted by the kitchen/dinette and a more open feeling on the floor plan.
GeoBOy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #16

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA

My vote would be for the front bed. One reason we went with the 5.0 was for the rear dinette and front bed so we can take advantage of backing into a site and enjoying the view out the back instead of the view of our truck and the campground as we had with the 17B because we always had the rear dinette set up as a bed.

The plan also has more continuity; with the bed and bath at one end and the kitchen and dining at the other.

Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #17

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

If the door has to stay in front of the wheels, I would be very much in favour of the rear bed. The bed should be away from the door, as it is the spot in the trailer least traveled to, only once a day most days. Having the dinette away from the door would be a real pain for eating inside, as all the food cooked outside would have to be trucked all the way through the trailer, and if someone was at the stove or sink inside, passing would be required.

With the front bed it would be a real bother for couples (like us) where one gets up before the other, and is going in and out of the trailer.

I guess I look at the bed as being a bit of a sanctuary, a place for retreating to for sleeping. To have it front and center, and not out of the way does not feel right to me.

We spend very little time at the dinette, so an efficient layout would far outweigh any benefits that might be achieved with a rear dinette. We get our great views sitting outside anyway.

My only big change to the rear bed layout, would be to reverse the bed and bath, so that a big side window could be put on the passenger side where the best view always is.

Now, if the door could be moved to the back, that would be a whole different story.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #18

Reace
front bed side to side and rear dinette wife says yup trailer went up for sale just waitin for your decision and a buyer and we're on our way to lay the money down n have a B.C. roadtrip wahoo ..... Thanx Reace n better half of course , cheers carol and mike
stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #19
Commercial Member

Wait wait wait....When I referred to the same layout as the 19', I mean side-to-side queen bed in the rear, side bathroom, front dinette. Or north-south bed in the front. This would offer a front or rear bed layout...with different bed configurations.

Reace
Old 08-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #20

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by reace
Wait wait wait....When I referred to the same layout as the 19', I mean side-to-side queen bed in the rear, side bathroom, front dinette. Or north-south bed in the front. This would offer a front or rear bed layout...with different bed configurations.

Reace
Yeah, this is the way I understood it.

My comments were based on the two north-south bed orientations, either front or rear dinette.

My thinking is that the main reason I would want go from a 19 to a 21 would be that the bed could be north-south, otherwise the 19 would be enough trailer for me.

Regardless, I am very interested in seeing what the final product layout will be like. It has to be tough designing something with a peanut gallery like the one here.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote