Ad in latest Trailer Life magazine - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-09-2016, 11:33 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
NW Cat Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 2,493
Ad in latest Trailer Life magazine

On page 59, in the June 2016 issue of Trailer Life, is an ad from ETI which shows the outside of the new 2017 19 footer.

Which, interesting enough, I just realized doesn't show the front storage container. So, I wonder if that has to be changed in shape from the ones they've used in the past.
__________________

__________________
Laura and Dirk and Spike (the cat)
www.UnderKittySupervision.com
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:16 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Dave Walter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
Posts: 1,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
On page 59, in the June 2016 issue of Trailer Life, is an ad from ETI which shows the outside of the new 2017 19 footer.

Which, interesting enough, I just realized doesn't show the front storage container. So, I wonder if that has to be changed in shape from the ones they've used in the past.
I am not surprised that the front storage box is not shown, as it is after all an optional feature of the trailer. but that doesn't mean it wont be revamped for the 2017 model.
__________________

__________________
2013-19' & 2013-15B {avg is two 17's}, towed by 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:24 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
MyronL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Edgewood, New Mexico
Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Posts: 2,064
I don’t like Trailer Life Magazine. I don’t like their pompous superiority, their king of the mountain publishing preference for fancy slide-outs and dueling roof air conditioners’ on mega-campers with interior decor rivaling a rhinestone-gaudy Trump Tower. Trailer life that is not. You could fit a cathedral organ in some of them busses. I hate their clear editorial avoidance of articles about small, modest, but otherwise perfect fiberglass trailers everyman camps in. We are the best but it’s like we’re not even there.

I also don’t like their rudeness. Their “you’re nobody if you won’t pay for a full page ad” attitude. I mean, like when a few months ago I put together a nice essay, with nice pictures, on wheel bearings we little guys can all relate to. It’s been months but no confirmation they got my submission, not even the courtesy of a “thank you but it’s not what we want” response. It’s maddening. It cost me nineteen bucks to mail that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FTMcDowell.jpg (66.1 KB, 66 views)
__________________
Myron
"A billion here, a billion there...add it all up and before you know it you're talking real money." Everett Dirkson
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Steve Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Fremont, California
Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Posts: 1,061
Myron, You are right! I let my Bicycling magazine lapse for the same reason. It was all about 'eye candy'.
__________________
Steve and Debbie
2016 - 21'
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I don’t like Trailer Life Magazine. I don’t like their pompous superiority, their king of the mountain publishing preference for fancy slide-outs and dueling roof air conditioners’ on mega-campers with interior decor rivaling a rhinestone-gaudy Trump Tower. Trailer life that is not. You could fit a cathedral organ in some of them busses. I hate their clear editorial avoidance of articles about small, modest, but otherwise perfect fiberglass trailers everyman camps in. We are the best but it’s like we’re not even there.

I also don’t like their rudeness. Their “you’re nobody if you won’t pay for a full page ad” attitude. I mean, like when a few months ago I put together a nice essay, with nice pictures, on wheel bearings we little guys can all relate to. It’s been months but no confirmation they got my submission, not even the courtesy of a “thank you but it’s not what we want” response. It’s maddening. It cost me nineteen bucks to mail that.
Wish I could see your article and pictures Myron . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Los Osos, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Posts: 2,421
Ssshhhh! Am glad we're in a niche category. Leaves the campgrounds that will only handle smaller trailers with more availability. Bigger is better
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:54 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Iowa Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Eastern Iowa, Iowa
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
Posts: 2,384
Magazines

Myron,
I don't happen to read Trailer Life so have no truck with them but do, in the spirit of Voltaire, respect your expressed opinion. I'm down to one magazine that I have taken since 1959 and it's barely changed, which is why I like it. Fur-Fish-Game, a magazine for practical outdoorsmen. Where else could you learn to skin a muskrat with an air compressor?
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Posts: 2,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Myron,
Where else could you learn to skin a muskrat with an air compressor?
Iowa Dave
I have an air compressor, just need a muskrat.
How do you do that?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:05 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
MyronL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Edgewood, New Mexico
Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Posts: 2,064
meanwhile, where the Bismark's can't go, way back in the mountains along the Animas River...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg muskrat.jpg (41.8 KB, 22 views)
__________________
Myron
"A billion here, a billion there...add it all up and before you know it you're talking real money." Everett Dirkson
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:23 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,599
They cater to the big boys Myron. No surprise that for the most part they consider modest and efficient trailers a non story.

When I was a kid, my absolute favorite magazine was Field and Stream. Nowadays it's quite different, and is mostly ads.
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.