April 1, 2016 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2016, 09:08 PM   #1

April 1, 2016

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is as excited as we are here in the office to begin accepting orders for 2017, on April 1, 2016. Every year seems to present us with a unique learning opportunity and this year although it has just begun is promising not to disappoint!

We will try to be as fair as possible for all of those people who have been patiently waiting for the 2017 Production Schedule to be released.

On March 31, 2016 at the end of business day we will post our January - March 2017 Production Schedule. (Our production schedule is filled in a sequential order which means we follow the calendar year filling each month in order. Jan., Feb., Mar., Apr., May etc.) These dates will be available on April 1, 2016 at 8am. - Not sooner. The website will be updated as necessary showing the next available completion date for each model.

If you wish to secure one of these completion dates please contact the office either by phone, email or in person. We will not be selecting Options or reviewing buildsheets at this time. We will only be securing completion dates by obtaining contact information and processing the $2,500.00cdn trailer deposit. See further details in post #20 of this thread.

All emails received prior to 8am PST will be processed at the end of the day. This may sound 'Awful' however, we want to do our best to ensure everyone is able to secure the completion date they wanted.

All phone calls will be answered as quick as possible. If necessary we will not accept voicemails on this day. - Its always nicer to talk to someone.

If you would like to place your order in person. Please contact the office and schedule an appointment. (Please note appointments times will limited). This will allow us to provide you with a guaranteed time and opportunity to view the exterior of the new 2017. - Please note unfortunately, we will not have a completed unit by that time.

I would like to state for the record. We hoping everyone will be patient and this posting is not taken in a negative manner. As I am typing I feel myself cringing hoping you don't think the worst of us.

Our goal is to have all office staff available to assist you and with eight of us available to; answer phones (we only have 4 lines), respond to emails, and manage scheduled appointments) everyone should be looked after.

A very important note to consider or discuss at this time!

Would you like an earlier date?

Once the renovations are complete and the kinks have been work through we hope to be able to increase our production. Customers with trailers on order always have priority in regards to receiving their trailer sooner.
We will make a note on your build sheet and contact you WHEN an earlier date becomes available.

We all look forward to working with you shortly.

Thank you all,

Tammy & Reace
Escape Office is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:57 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thumbs up

Where is the like button
Old 02-07-2016, 08:00 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Where is the like button
This one works!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:12 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Sounds pretty fair to me, exciting too for those wanting a trailer.

Cheers
Doug
Old 02-07-2016, 10:12 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Good post Tammy. Should settle everyone down that's waiting.
We'll be thinking about you and staff on April 1 and watching the schedule fill up.
Here's to continued success in 2017!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:59 PM   #6

Trailer: pondering.....
Thanks for the info Tammy..2 questions...
"On March 31, 2016 at the end of business day we will post our January - March 2017 Production Schedule."
so this April 1st floodgate IS ONLY for dates in those months Jan thru March...when is the floodgate opened up for production dates in the following months? April, May, June, July...etc.
and do you have some pdf form to fill out for placing this deposit via email or the info that should be included in such an email?
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
"On March 31, 2016 at the end of business day we will post our January - March 2017 Production Schedule."
so this April 1st floodgate IS ONLY for dates in those months Jan thru March...when is the floodgate opened up for production dates in the following months? April, May, June, July...etc.
and do you have some pdf form to fill out for placing this deposit via email or the info that should be included in such an email?
Since Reace nor Tammy are on this forum as often as some others, I'd suggest you also email them direct at ETI with your questions.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:16 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
There are many who do not want their trailer built in the first months of the year. It is not impossible, however, that some of those will be moved into 2016.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #9

If you mean 2017 I can fix that??
Old 02-07-2016, 08:53 PM   #10

This IS the beginning of 2016, right? Am I on the right year?? I mean that with an increase in production and for other reasons, some folks with early 2017 build dates could move into late 2016 slots, could they not?

I was referring to people calling in on April 1st and getting a build date in early 2017. Some might possibly be moved to earlier, right? They seem to have said that.

Many do not want a build date until spring or after but there seems to be that possibility of moving up with an early 2017 date, for a few anyway. They have moved some from late 2016 to earlier.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:58 PM   #11

I understand....
Old 02-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #12

Good. I was worried that my age was getting to me and I didn't know which year it was.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:12 AM   #13

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
This IS the beginning of 2016, right? Am I on the right year?? I mean that with an increase in production and for other reasons, some folks with early 2017 build dates could move into late 2016 slots, could they not?

I was referring to people calling in on April 1st and getting a build date in early 2017. Some might possibly be moved to earlier, right? They seem to have said that.

Many do not want a build date until spring or after but there seems to be that possibility of moving up with an early 2017 date, for a few anyway. They have moved some from late 2016 to earlier.
I would suspect this would happen, going by what was said to us last month when we were at the factory. Our scheduled completion date is Dec 28th; probably one of the last for the year since it was an unexpected opening in Dec 2015. When we talked to Sarah she said they expected to double their production once the new building was up and running. And she estimated our trailer could be completed 3 months earlier.

Which makes you wonder what about the other 3 months of the year? I can only assume those with completion dates in early 2017 could be moved to the later months of 2016, if they so desired.

But, of course, this is all speculation until they get that second building going, new employees trained and all that. Until I get an official call or email from ETI asking if we want our trailer in Sept (or whenever), I'm still going by the Dec date. (Although I did book a site for the Fall OR NOG, just in case! Fingers crossed!)

Another comment: I hope this site and Escape's site won't crash from everyone going to them on March 24th, hoping to see new photos and information on the 2017 models! I've had some problems lately with this site loading.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:54 PM   #14

Trailer: pondering.....
noticed what appears to be a change today
"To secure the next available completion date we require a $2,500.00 cdn deposit. *Please note $500.00 is non-refundable once the order has been processed and the remaining $2,000.00 is non-refundable once the trailer has entered production."

that's different than the previous $500 CDN deposit isn't it?
....that might slow the stampede down on April 1st
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Hello,

As the available completion dates fill new ones are posted. The Production Schedule on the Escape website is updated as necessary often showing two - four dates at a time for each model. Sometimes it is necessary to update the website twice a day and other times it will only require updating once a week. It all depends on the demand for the available completion dates.

This process allows customers to monitor the available completion dates and plan for when they wish to place their order. It also allows Escape Trailer Industries the opportunity to ensure there are no gaps in production and an even flow throughout the year.

As you can imagine April through September are prime camping months and often the Production Schedule will fill within just a few short weeks. We always recommend customers plan ahead rather than waiting until the last minute and missing out on the date they absolutely needed.

Please feel free to forward any other questions you may have.

Tammy
Old 02-08-2016, 05:13 PM   #16

Quote:
noticed what appears to be a change today
"To secure the next available completion date we require a $2,500.00 cdn deposit. *Please note $500.00 is non-refundable once the order has been processed and the remaining $2,000.00 is non-refundable once the trailer has entered production."

that's different than the previous $500 CDN deposit isn't it?
....that might slow the stampede down on April 1st
This may be related to the uncompleted unit for sale that was posted this weekend. Manufacturing custom made trailers leaves no room for change of mind or other personal issues that may arise after production has started by the manufacturer.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:18 PM   #17

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Could be hard to sell a trailer with stripe upholstery and polka-dot Formica counters and 12V outlets every 18".
I never understood why a deposit would be refundable.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:40 PM   #18

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Could be hard to sell a trailer with stripe upholstery and polka-dot Formica counters and 12V outlets every 18".
You never know.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #19

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
All it would take is a few options on a trailer that you would not want, and could not be easily removed, to reduce its value to a potential buyer. I could very quickly find well over $2,000 in options I would not want, and if they were already built in, would not really want to have to pay for them, unless I got a good deal on them.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy and Escape Office View Post
Hello Everyone,

If you wish to secure one of these completion dates please contact the office either by phone, email or in person. We will not be selecting Options or reviewing buildsheets at this time. We will only be securing completion dates by obtaining contact information and processing the $500.00cdn trailer deposit.
Hello,

I am unsure how to modify or edit my original post. However,
after much deliberation the deposit for 2017 Escape Trailer will change.

Escape Trailer Industries will be requesting a $2,500.00 deposit when the order is placed. $500.00 will be non-refundable once the order has been processed and the remaining $2,000.00 will become non-refundable once the trailer enters production. The remaining balance will be due within 30 days of your promised completion date.

Please note Escape Trailer Industries has no control over the exchange rate. All money received is processed on that day, we do not hold money onsite. If a customer wishes to make payments on their trailer it is done so with the knowledge that the exchange rate is not guaranteed by ETI.

Tammy & Reace