Dometic comes through! - Page 15 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #141
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Jack, what did ETI charge for the modifications to the hole for the new fridge? We'll be having ours done later this summer.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #142
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I'm having trouble coordinating my rv repair shop and Dometic, it seems Mark @ Dometic does not return phone calls nor respond to emails.

Old 06-21-2015, 02:44 PM   #143

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
He responded same day(Friday) "If you have a local dealer that you work with, have them contact me and I will take care of it.

He's probably inundated; I wasn't expecting an immediate reply, but figured I was in his hopper when I pinged him.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #144

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
I talked with Reace Friday about taking ours in for the R&R. He advised me to contact the service center, provide them the fridge serial number, and have them contact Dometic. Then, if things get crossed up, have the service center contact Reace.

I also asked about what's entailed in modding the seal in our 2013 Escape to match the newer, slightly larger fridge. It sounds like it's a simple matter of relocating the upper seal (which should be obvious to the installer....I hope) and squirting new urethane foam along the bottom to make up the difference there.

I'm going to start the process this week. If last year's attempts at getting in for service is any indicator, it will probably take a few weeks by the time they can work me in. Too bad this happens in prime camping season, but I really want to wrap this up.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:34 AM   #145
Site Team

Too bad this happens in prime camping season, but I really want to wrap this up.
My feelings exactly, like the old adage, you only need a roof repair when it is raining outside I want to get mine fixed but the repair shop is busy and I can't seem to light a fire under Dometic to authorize my replacement, so I sit, perturbed.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #146
Site Team

Finally some good news, Mark @ Dometic authorized the replacement and it will arrive here in York,Pa later this week, so BlackJack is going to go in next week for repair and replacement, bearing/brake service and tire inspection. Should be as good as new then....except the solar, but I may have missed that cut off date.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:05 PM   #147

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21
dometic and Rease comes through

Charlie and all,
I can't find my paper work, but I believe I paid $125 for the R&R of the refrig. about two hours or so and the job was of course done to the Escape standard.
That was 3 weeks ago and we have hit some 90 to 95* weather during the day and we have not had it packed well, too many plastic bags and the nights have been down into the 60's. The temps have been into upper 40's a couple of times using propane on the road and then we plug in and the temps drop immediately into lower 30's and 10 or less. Overall it is working much better than the single door. With proper packing and a lower temp coupler to turn the fans on earlier, that should do it. We leave San Diego Wed. a.m. for the 100 to 110 area.
Jack

PS how do I attach pictures?
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:14 PM   #148

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Go advanced Jack. Then under manage attachments, select the photos you want and upload them.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:14 PM   #149
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
Charlie and all,
I can't find my paper work, but I believe I paid $125 for the R&R of the refrig. about two hours or so and the job was of course done to the Escape standard.
That was 3 weeks ago and we have hit some 90 to 95* weather during the day and we have not had it packed well, too many plastic bags and the nights have been down into the 60's. The temps have been into upper 40's a couple of times using propane on the road and then we plug in and the temps drop immediately into lower 30's and 10 or less. Overall it is working much better than the single door. With proper packing and a lower temp coupler to turn the fans on earlier, that should do it. We leave San Diego Wed. a.m. for the 100 to 110 area.
Jack

PS how do I attach pictures?
Jack-
See #7 here Posting and account help | Forum 101
Old 06-28-2015, 10:38 PM   #150

Hi Reece,
Mike and I have run into some trouble with our Dometic fridge in our 2011 19 foot trailer. We were going to make an appointment with you....So what should I do now?

Thanks Dorothy MAcIntyre

macsim is offline   Reply With Quote