Dometic comes through! - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2015, 11:04 PM   #51

Trailer: 2014 21ft Escape
Well from Texas I say Yippee!! Thank you Reace for diligently staying on the Dometic people and trying for a fix. We have shown our 21 to many people and the only negative thing we ever said was about the fridge. We showed it today to a couple and they asked about the fridge saying they had seen the topic on the forum. We assured the people that you were working on a fix with Dometic and not to let that be the reason not to get a superior trailer.

We will be sending our info tomorrow and hope for a great result. We will see you at Bluebonnet and are excited about the fix, it will be well worth the cost.

Thank You!!
Robbie

trailseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:17 PM   #52

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; 2015 Silverado 1500 (5.3L, crew cab, standard box, 4X4, max tow, SnugTop shell)
I've been following this thread for a couple of days and I feel increasingly uneasy about its tone. While some people expressed gratitude for what Reace accomplished, a few are turning this good news into a bitch session. I think that is uncalled for.

The Escape Forum IS an appropriate place to express legitimate frustration about the poor engineering that went into Dometic refrigerators. But this specific thread started off as a joyful announcement by Reace that he broke through the Dometic logjam and negotiated a very fair settlement for the replacement of their crappy single door refrigerators. That only happened because Reace never quit advocating on behalf of his customers. Reace is a good man. He's someone who operates from a place of integrity, and he always appears to put his customers first.

How about we use this thread to acknowledge Reace's efforts and his success, and leave frustration about Dometic to another thread? I think that's the respectful thing to do.

Jeff and Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:29 PM   #53

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
Well put -- Thanks!
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:02 PM   #54

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff and Karen View Post
I've been following this thread for a couple of days and I feel increasingly uneasy about its tone. While some people expressed gratitude for what Reace accomplished, a few are turning this good news into a bitch session. I think that is uncalled for.

The Escape Forum IS an appropriate place to express legitimate frustration about the poor engineering that went into Dometic refrigerators. But this specific thread started off as a joyful announcement by Reace that he broke through the Dometic logjam and negotiated a very fair settlement for the replacement of their crappy single door refrigerators. That only happened because Reace never quit advocating on behalf of his customers. Reace is a good man. He's someone who operates from a place of integrity, and he always appears to put his customers first.

How about we use this thread to acknowledge Reace's efforts and his success, and leave frustration about Dometic to another thread? I think that's the respectful thing to do.
All very true, but everyone did move on a couple days ago. We had a big group hug, and all is fine.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:36 PM   #55

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
We have one of the first dual door fridges in our 21, I will warn people to check the adjustment of the door latches on delivery, I had to adjust both the fridge and freezer doors to get the latches working properly. We havn't had warm enough weather to be able to give any info on cooling ability. For what is worth it worked fine @ below freezing
The fridge door was pretty easy as there was enough adjustment in the slots on the latch but the freezer door was way off and I had to drill new holes behind the existing ones to move the latch back far enough to get it working properly .
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:30 PM   #56

Trailer: 2014 17B " Glass Cabin"
Since you had to drill new holes to facilitate proper closure of the freezer door that speaks to the lack of quality control during manufacture. And, no one diligently inspecting the final product.
2008 Ausi Heeler, "Blue"
David H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #57

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
Quote:
Originally Posted by David H View Post
Since you had to drill new holes to facilitate proper closure of the freezer door that speaks to the lack of quality control during manufacture. And, no one diligently inspecting the final product.
I would agree, a minor adjustment afterwards doesn't seem that big a deal to me but the freezer door was so far out that it was just not good enough. Well its all good now.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:33 PM   #58
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I decided today to go ahead and switch mine, sent ETI the needed info. Now the wait starts. I checked, there is a authorized Dometic repair center about 3 miles away. They have gotten good reviews.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:44 PM   #59

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
I plan to do the same, but I'm curious to see if ETI offers any guidance on retrofitting these new fridges into their as-built openings in older ones like our 2013 model. I like our local RV shop, but I'm not as confident of their fabricating results as I would be if we could take the Escape back to the factory.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:11 PM   #60

Trailer: Escape
Do the trailers need to be returned to ETI for the frig replacement ?