Dometic comes through! - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #161

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Have you looked at Dometic's dealer search tool? I would much rather have an established (hopefully family-owned) RV service center that has their own reputation to stand on. Yelp a few- that's what I did. And then, I called some folks a little farther out and asked what competition they liked nearer to me.

Also, fortunately I didn't have to through any diagnostic B.S., which hopefully means it is no longer required. Seems like such a moot point.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #162
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Have you looked at Dometic's dealer search tool? I would much rather have an established (hopefully family-owned) RV service center that has their own reputation to stand on. Yelp a few- that's what I did. And then, I called some folks a little farther out and asked what competition they liked nearer to me.

Also, fortunately I didn't have to through any diagnostic B.S., which hopefully means it is no longer required. Seems like such a moot point.
Our local camping world is a big service center with a tiny store (maybe 200 sq ft) which I have used before with my Casita. When I dropped off the paperwork Monday to start the fridge claim they called me back less than 4 hours later to say that Dometic had authorized the replacement and was shipping the replacement fridge this week, so perhaps the T/S stuff is passe now.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #163

Trailer: 2012 winnebago via
rml8555

I just came across your post on this issue. Can you still help us. We have a Winnebago Via, 2012 Getting it ready to go the fridge is not working and seeing your post I now know why. Thank You so much for what you have done. We bought the unit in March and used it right away and of course the unit worked. Today it was 105 outside and guess what. If you can help us along we would be so grateful.
lindgrenjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:51 PM   #164
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindgrenjb View Post
I just came across your post on this issue. Can you still help us. We have a Winnebago Via, 2012 Getting it ready to go the fridge is not working and seeing your post I now know why. Thank You so much for what you have done. We bought the unit in March and used it right away and of course the unit worked. Today it was 105 outside and guess what. If you can help us along we would be so grateful.
2012 means your warranty has expired; doubt Dometic would help with replacing the fridge. In Arizona I would think the RMD model would do better (separate freezer) but don't know how it would fit in a Winni.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:25 AM   #165

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
jB, you are likely looking at tagging a cooler along or replace unit with Americana series (will it fit?) or making many mods as listed elsewhere here.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:48 AM   #166

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Not sure what you are asking, is your fridge completely dead or just won't stay cool enough like most of us?
Old 06-10-2016, 08:07 AM   #167
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Dometic comes through!

JB, I looked at some specs for the 2012 Via and it looks like you've got the RML8555. While you probably can replace it with the RMD8555, which cools a bit better, that's an expensive proposition to say the least.

None of these fridges will perform well in the heat ranges you're talking about. They aren't designed to. 105f is definitely not "subnormal". I don't think an Americana fridge (which could take the hotter temps much better) would have a problem fitting through the Winnebago door, but the issue there of course is that the cabinetry won't fit it - it's much wider than the RML85xx series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #168

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 Classic
Well, i took about 11 months but Dometic came through!
Last week i picked up a brand new replacement fridge from the local dealership. That fridge made a trip around the world. Domestic made sure i did get an 120V model where i would have been very happy with a local produced 230V one.
As said, i took about 11 months but in the end it all worked out fine!
Sadly enough i don't have the time to get it installed since we go on our vacation next friday. No problem for me though, just knowing that the replacement fridge is sitting in the garage is good enough for me!

I'd like to thank the whole Escape team for getting this great deal with Dometic on the road. Ofcourse i would like to thank (and i did) the Dometic staff for hauling a fridge around the globe to keep the promise you made to one of your customers!

happy, happy, happy!
Seef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:25 PM   #169

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
"Alle goeie dingen komen langzaam"!!!!! Say Hi to the rest of Holland for me! Enjoy your time camping!! Groetjes
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:39 PM   #170

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
WOW! What a story! Thanks for your global fellowship! Have a great vacation and look forward to a "Cold One" upon your return

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:46 PM   #171

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
"Alle goeie dingen komen langzaam"!!!!! Say Hi to the rest of Holland for me! Enjoy your time camping!! Groetjes
Zal ik zeker doen.
Seef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:51 PM   #172

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 sold, 21NE on order
Hi Seef
We are going to be in Friesland in September. Maybe we will run into you .

Jack
bouterse is offline   Reply With Quote