Escape 2020 Update - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-16-2019, 04:50 PM   #81

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Given no response, I'll assume that my guesses are correct...

Effective with the start of 2020 pricing, any CAD prices shown are meaningless (just rough conversions), since the USD price will be the one which is actually charged.
May as well move the factory into the US as the USD pricing will essentially make them an American company anyways!

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:57 PM   #82

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Full Quiver"; 2018 Ford F 150 3.0l Turbodiesel
Send a message via MSN to Berndad Send a message via Yahoo to Berndad
Yes to twins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elongest View Post
How about 21RCO (Rear Crawl Over) for a new name. Getting away from a crawl over sleeping situation is what drove a lot of people to the E-21 in the first place. If you are going to loose your rear dinette view to a sleeping area a better option would be rear twin beds. You already have an E-19 with a Rear Queen and a dinette view of the rear of your tow and a bunch of other trailers in the campground. Just my opinion.

Eddie
Put Ruth and I down for twins as well! Lots of flexibility for mods and carting around different youths of varying ages!
Bern
Berndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:41 PM   #83

Trailer: ?
Smile

I believe that an idea I briefly suggested earlier may be the answer to the the CA vs US issue.

When a person logs onto the ETI home page, they are presented with two equally sized flags fluttering in the breeze; Canada and US.

A clear instruction says to select your country of residence. Then you are directed to the CA or US sub-site.

On the CA site, everything is relevant to a Canadian buyer. Currency, taxes, licensing, pickup procedure, etc. There could even be a sub-site in French to cater to some Quebec residents.

On the US site everything is relevant to a buyer from the States. Currency, pickup/delivery procedure. Perhaps future US delivery and pickup options and expansion plans, US repair facility, on and on. Everything of interest to a US buyer but of no particular interest to a Canadian resident.

By splitting the sites, future expansion plans, changes in CA or US law/procedures, etc., are more easily handled without bogging down one universal site.

EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:09 PM   #84

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
I believe that an idea I briefly suggested earlier may be the answer to the the CA vs US issue.

When a person logs onto the ETI home page, they are presented with two equally sized flags fluttering in the breeze; Canada and US.

A clear instruction says to select your country of residence. Then you are directed to the CA or US sub-site.

On the CA site, everything is relevant to a Canadian buyer. Currency, taxes, licensing, pickup procedure, etc. There could even be a sub-site in French to cater to some Quebec residents.

On the US site everything is relevant to a buyer from the States. Currency, pickup/delivery procedure. Perhaps future US delivery and pickup options and expansion plans, US repair facility, on and on. Everything of interest to a US buyer but of no particular interest to a Canadian resident.

By splitting the sites, future expansion plans, changes in CA or US law/procedures, etc., are more easily handled without bogging down one universal site.

Sounds good but what about the exchange rate changing ? Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:13 PM   #85

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
No flags here...?
Old 10-17-2019, 08:25 AM   #86

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berndad View Post
Put Ruth and I down for twins as well! Lots of flexibility for mods and carting around different youths of varying ages!
Bern
WE had the 'rear twins' setup in our casita Indy 17'...we sold it and orderd the E21 bks there was so little room in the work area of the cassy and we wanted a second bed for oncomming grandkids. . It seemed like everything ended up being done on the rear beds..sleeping was fine, but playing cards, computing, reading, even cooking and meal prep..bks it had nearly zero counter space. You ain't lived til you spill some food mess onto the mattresses from a cutting board wh was set up on the bed for meal prep. Grrr. Not to mention the Cassy Shimmy ...of one of the "spousal units" attempting to get outside or to the bathroom while the other "spousal unit' was prepping a meal or snack. WE were 'sold' on a new E21 after visiting several 21s in various campgrounds last June and July. ;-) The cassy is a great 2 person rig, just not enuf room for us.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:32 AM   #87

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I see no flags either.

There does not seem to be a list of options available, which I assume you can get by signing in. A lot of customers will be lost this way as many will not want to give this information just to check things out. The Canadian base price is listed in smaller letters below the US price, but that is the only reference to CAD at all. It tells me that I will get a $USD Estimate, nothing about CAD at all if I give them my info. They seem to be moving completely away from their roots. 'tis their company though, and they must see a need for this with a larger US consumer group.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:38 AM   #88

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Talking US customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I see no flags either.

There does not seem to be a list of options available, which I assume you can get by signing in. A lot of customers will be lost this way as many will not want to give this information just to check things out. The Canadian base price is listed in smaller letters below the US price, but that is the only reference to CAD at all. It tells me that I will get a $USD Estimate, nothing about CAD at all if I give them my info. They seem to be moving completely away from their roots. 'tis their company though, and they must see a need for this with a larger US consumer group.
I heard somewhere that ETI has about 72% of its customers from USA..which does not surprise me at all. This may be the driving force behind the (I hope) possible move to a US-based distributorship..say in AZ. I offered to help them find a building in or near Tennessee, but so far they have not replied ;-)
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:44 AM   #89

Trailer: 5.0 TA 2017 Taj MaSmall
Looking forward to meeting you next week in TX. BTW centrally located Austin, San Antonio, or Houston would be great for a display location.
Bobnjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #90

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
There does not seem to be a list of options available, which I assume you can get by signing in.
If you supply contact information (I gave the Escape factory's address and phony phone number) you can download options lists with prices, one in USD and one in CAD. If my interpretation is correct (I am awaiting confirmation) the CAD list is pointless.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:28 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post

On the CA site, everything is relevant to a Canadian buyer...

On the US site everything is relevant to a buyer from the States...
Pat nailed the issue: Escape has decided to price in USD. Anything presented in CAD would be essentially useless, because it would be replaced by USD pricing at the time of the order, just as it it already is USD-only at the time of a preliminary quote.

Yes, the rest of the information (pickup, service facilities) could be sensitive to the buyer's location.

This is largely a website discussion (which has its own thread), but at the core is the issue of the basis of pricing.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:29 PM   #92

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
'tis their company though,
So much of the "advice" that ETI receives could be answered that way.

But I have to say that a Canadian company quoting their prices in US dollars does leave a bad taste in my mouth. If a person can't take 10 seconds to google x dollars CDN in US $, how serious are they? Would it really be a deal breaker?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:40 PM   #93

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I priced out a new Escape 21 equipped identically to our 2018 Escape 21
There is a considerable difference in pricing between then and now
If the new Escape 23 price is in line with the Escape 21 then they are approaching Bigfoot territory. We were considering the Escape 23 but for now I think we will put everything on hold . At some point the price of anything reaches our resistance point and I assume others
maybe in the same boat
On a positive note , the value of our 2018 is going in the right direction !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:44 PM   #94

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, as the new prices increase, so does the used price changes....
Old 10-17-2019, 02:02 PM   #95

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
At some point the price of anything reaches our resistance point
One business that I know of quotes a base price for its' services. Before the client signs on the dotted line they are told "Oh, there's a x charge for something or other". That goes on for a couple of items. When the clients face starts to harden up they know they've reached what they call "the ouch factor".

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:36 PM   #96

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, as the new prices increase, so does the used price changes....
Might be in Canada, since an Escape will become rare on the north side of the border.
But will this be the same for south of the border? Seems like ETI is planning on selling a whole lot of Escapes in the USA, which will take away from Escape’s uniqueness.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:43 PM   #97

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
So much of the "advice" that ETI receives could be answered that way.

But I have to say that a Canadian company quoting their prices in US dollars does leave a bad taste in my mouth. If a person can't take 10 seconds to google x dollars CDN in US $, how serious are they? Would it really be a deal breaker?

Ron
Mine to Ron. One of the advantages of buying Canadian is not having to deal with losing money in the conversion to US dollars. Having to pay US dollars could be a deal breaker for me. Maybe they don't think the Canadian market is worth it anymore. I understand _ their company - my Canadian dollars. hmmm
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:10 PM   #98

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berndad View Post
Bern
We think the twin bed idea is an excellent one as well and from what we have seen in other companies, if the queen bed in the new 23 is set up so that it in a front to back orientation (not across the trailer) then two twins could theoretically be substituted for the queen from a space perspective.

As an aside considering these new trailer options has really made me appreciate the thought Reese/Tammy and team put n to the original designs.
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:03 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear101 View Post
One of the advantages of buying Canadian is not having to deal with losing money in the conversion to US dollars. Having to pay US dollars could be a deal breaker for me.
There won't be any need to pay in US currency, or lose anything in conversion: you would pay in Canadian dollars, but the price will be determined in US dollars, so the only issue is the uncertainty... you can't predict exchange rate changes, so you don't know exactly what your actual cost will be until the day that you pay it. You would have the uncertainty that U.S. buyers have had until now, but you wouldn't have the currency conversion fees that they have been paying.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:33 AM   #100

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Hello,
I'm in the office furniture industry and for a good bit of my career I've represented Canadian furniture manufacturers that sell into the US. A good bit of the laminate case goods, like desk, credenza's that type stuff if it dd not come from China it probably came from Canada. One of the running jokes in the industry is they most grow laminate trees in Canada, now a days those its all what they call thermal fused melamine.
These companies ALL print a price list for the US and a price list for Canada, the exchange rate is what it is, some sales they might make a little more some sales they might make a little less.
Sure Escape could be raising their pricing and that's good for all of us that already own one but I also think they are doing like other companies that do business in both the US and Canada, living with the currency exchange as part of their business model. Think about it sure makes it easier to run your business and do your accounting.

I could be all wrong with my thinking but based on my history this is what I think the thought is at Escape.

Enjoy the journey.
Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2020 product announcement, update