Escape 2020 Update - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-18-2019, 05:57 AM   #101

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
If you supply contact information (I gave the Escape factory's address and phony phone number) you can download options lists with prices, one in USD and one in CAD. If my interpretation is correct (I am awaiting confirmation) the CAD list is pointless.
I just don't feel it is right to add any information to get some basic ideas of cost and available options, let alone fake info. I think you are right that the CAD is pointless, at least they sure seem to make it seem so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
But I have to say that a Canadian company quoting their prices in US dollars does leave a bad taste in my mouth. If a person can't take 10 seconds to google x dollars CDN in US $, how serious are they? Would it really be a deal breaker?

Ron
I too find much disappointment in this. It really does make me think they are almost moving right away from marketing to Canadians with many of the changes they are making. They certainly are making it seem a lot tougher.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:58 AM   #102

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Why does the exchange rate change daily? Is inflation the cause? Here in the states we only worry about price increases when a new and improved model appears, except for gasoline, which can change seems like almost hourly....but milk is worse, now a gallon of milk costs more than a gallon of gas..
Old 10-18-2019, 06:59 AM   #103

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
There won't be any need to pay in US currency, or lose anything in conversion: you would pay in Canadian dollars, but the price will be determined in US dollars, so the only issue is the uncertainty... you can't predict exchange rate changes, so you don't know exactly what your actual cost will be until the day that you pay it. You would have the uncertainty that U.S. buyers have had until now, but you wouldn't have the currency conversion fees that they have been paying.
Thank You for the clarification Brian
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:20 AM   #104

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Just saw an interview on tv this am. "Mr. Smith goes to Alaska". a take off on the old movie with Jimmy Stewart. Anyway, it is about a huge mine there and impact on environment. Then he goes to a local store, $5/g for reg gas and $13 for a 1/2 g of milk!! talk about sticker shock.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:28 AM   #105

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I have come to accept practices and policies implemented by businesses, governments and organizations. For me the over used “ it is what it is” allows me to spend time on other pursuits. I vote with my dollars and move on. If I don’t like the price of something, I shop, , do without, or find an alternative. This works in many instances. Necessities are sometimes non negotiable and for them I “ pay the freight” as my Dad used to say. Illinois increased their gas tax. I cross that state often, either towing or not, to go to Indiana or back home. I gas in the adjacent state and “ roll” Illinois. Life is short. Get out and enjoy it. If you don’t believe me, get the back story on many of the Escapes advertised on this forum. Waited, bought the trailer, used a couple times, health issues force the sale. End of story. Have a great day. I hope the sun is shining where you are and there is a soft wind on your back.
Iowa Dave
Old 10-18-2019, 07:36 AM   #106

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Maybe I am missing something but most of this thread seems to be centering around Escape loosing its Canadian identity /uniqueness , which currency is used for pricing and the exchange rate , which may change before I am done typing this !
I would believe that the rather large price increase and changing some options to standard equipment would affect sales far more . Hopefully the increased cost will lead to a better Escape trailer but if the increase in price / optional to standard is only going to pay down debt it may lead them in another direction especially if the economy slows .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:24 AM   #107

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Why does the exchange rate change daily? Is inflation the cause? Here in the states we only worry about price increases when a new and improved model appears, except for gasoline, which can change seems like almost hourly....but milk is worse, now a gallon of milk costs more than a gallon of gas..
Jim I'm sure you know the reasons why exchange rates vary daily, kinda like gas prices, in fact it's usually the price of oil which impacts the Cdn$ exchange rate with USD. I get a daily update from a currency exchange company I used only once to buy our new-to-us Escape last year. Here's two quotes from today's...

"USD under pressure after the U.K. and European union agreed on a Brexit deal."
"CAD stronger and reached the highest level in one month as risk appetite improved. Positive trade developments with China providing support and a Brexit deal also providing support"

So in today's case the Brexit deal hurts the value of the USD and helps the CDA

Anyway we're glad we have our "forever" Escape and don't have to worry about new pricing
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:13 PM   #108

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Why does the exchange rate change daily? Is inflation the cause?
No, this is not inflation. Each country's currency value is affected by many economic factors, and the exchange rate between two of them will vary whenever the two countries are affected even slightly differently... which means all of the time.

I think many people are confused by the use of the same name ("dollar", in this case) for the currencies of more than one country - it makes them think that those currencies should be connected in some way, more than they are connected to currencies with different names. That's not true, and it just escalates the confusion.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:22 PM   #109

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
While we see a daily rate, the actual exchange rate is instantaneous, at least for large transactions. There is an entire segment of the economy that deals with the fluctuation of currency values.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:11 PM   #110

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I have come to accept practices and policies implemented by businesses, governments and organizations. For me the over used “ it is what it is” allows me to spend time on other pursuits. I vote with my dollars and move on. If I don’t like the price of something, I shop, , do without, or find an alternative. This works in many instances. Necessities are sometimes non negotiable and for them I “ pay the freight” as my Dad used to say. Illinois increased their gas tax. I cross that state often, either towing or not, to go to Indiana or back home. I gas in the adjacent state and “ roll” Illinois. Life is short. Get out and enjoy it. If you don’t believe me, get the back story on many of the Escapes advertised on this forum. Waited, bought the trailer, used a couple times, health issues force the sale. End of story. Have a great day. I hope the sun is shining where you are and there is a soft wind on your back.
Iowa Dave
Yes, yes, yes!

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:40 PM   #111

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21'
David,
We are planning a SW tour in 2020 - do you know what season the US rally will occur?
Ripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:23 PM   #112

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Does anyone know if the new Escape 23 will be an actual 3 season trailer ?
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:21 AM   #113

Trailer: 2013 EggCamper
Does anybody know if the 23' will have more headroom?? An interior height increase would be awesome! I would think this info is available if molds are being made. I've emailed the company a week ago on their website but no reply as of yet. At 6'6" tall, none of the models work for me besides the 5.0TA. Really hoping for a TALLER 23'
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:32 AM   #114

I really doubt it would be a lot taller, as the majority of folks do not need it, and it would cause a bit more wind drag. It already has to be wider. But, only Escape can answer the final facts, as we here are just guessers.

The 5.0TA is taller, as it needs to be for its style. The headroom in the loft is fine for sitting, but they could not make it a lot smaller. Inside it is very high for the most part.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-04-2019, 09:55 AM   #115

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
As Jim says, ETI is really only one that will be able to answer.
Interesting on the width issue, average RV width is 8.5 ft but wider than 8 ft is illegal in 6 states including TX. Only one state allows 9ft and that is Hawaii, so if you sail ur RV over there it can be wider. I guess to be legal in all states you can’t exceed 8 ft. Of course, this is subject to change at every legislature session, and enforcement by a zealous trooper with a tape measure.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:11 AM   #116

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
The general width limit across North America is 102" (2.6 m, 8.5'). I wouldn't call that an "average" width; it's the widest allowed and a motorhome of that width is typically called a "widebody".

No current Escape is even close to 8' (96") - the 21' and 5.0TA are 88" wide - so the 23' could be wider than current models if that's what ETI thinks customers want, without running into legal limits anywhere in North America.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:11 AM   #117

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
I believe Karl said at the Pineknot Rally the 23 will be 8 feet wide. There was no mention of height.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:15 AM   #118

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
8 ft wide about 7500lbs staying same height as a 21
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #119

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Any idea why the huge increase in the dry weight? More than double what the 21 is now?

"and for that reason...I'm out!"
godspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:04 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
8 ft wide about 7500lbs staying same height as a 21
Where ever did you get this number? No way it will weigh anywhere near that much. The shell will be about 20 feet, which is shorter than that of the 5.0TA and the overall frame weight can't be much more than the 5.0TA either, and just add some weight for the extra width and finishing inside that with. I would bet it would top out at 5000 max.

Tags
2020 product announcement, update