Escape 2020 Update - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: Researching
Escape 2020 Update

Hi all -

First, Karl and I would like to thank everyone who took the time to review the new site and post feedback in the Forums and on Facebook. We have been watching the feedback intently, and have answers for most of your questions today.

Jan/Feb 2020 Offer
While we work through our switch to 2020 pricing, we are offering 2019 pricing for base and options to all customers for orders with Jan or Feb dates. Feb is now open for orders. 01 March 2020 is the cut-off date to retain 2019 pricing.

Pricing for 2020
The base pricing we display on the website and in brochures moving forward will be in US funds. Canadian prices will be displayed as well, and for Canadian customers your build sheets will still be in Canadian funds. The reason why we are switching is to improve our pricing competitiveness in the US market. More than 70% of our business is US based. Customers can pay in either USD or CAD.

New Standard Features
The big change is that we've streamlined the windows and insulation. Originally an option for additional insulation and Thermal glazed windows, we've now made that standard for all of our models, with the option to upgrading to frame-less windows.

New Models and more for 2020
A new alternative floor plan for the Escape 21 is currently being created for production. The team has built the first mock-up, and we should be in a position to share images and a description before the end of October (Q4 2019). We previously described it as a 'Limited Edition', however we have not settled on a name, or the number we're willing to build.

A new longer trailer is being developed. Leveraging our new research and development team, this trailer has a number of much-asked-for features, including a walk-around bed. This will be a brand new mold, with the goal of entering production by Q2 2020 and yes, it's an Escape-style design.

And a boat? Yes, we are carrying a boat built specifically for Escape. Our goals are two-fold; to determine market interest, and expand our offerings through our Chilliwack factory. Our brochures and website will be updated in October once the final details have been worked out.

More Pre-builts. More Style Options.
Every trailer we build is built to our customers specifications. That process takes anywhere from 90 days to many months depending on the customers timelines. Beyond display models, we are often asked about inventory where customers do not need customization. For that reason we will be stocking our most popular Escape trailers at our Chilliwack factory, and expanding the number of locations people can find an Escape. We're not supplying dealerships, but we are making more pre-built inventory units available.

Lastly we are also introducing 5 new style packages for our base models with new fabric, flooring and Formica options. More on that later in October, check the website for details.

Expansion to the US.
We are actively pursuing a display, service and orientation type facility in the United States as part of our 2020 strategy. The final shape of that expansion is still being determined, it's our goal to make picking up your trailer that much easier.

Expand the Rally's - Osoyoos and in the US.
Our head office will shut down this year so that everyone you get to know when buying a trailer, will be on hand for the Osoyoos BC event. We will have display units on hand for all of our trailers and you'll be able to test drive out boat on the lake. We've started the event planning, and will post more in November when we set up registration. Our Sales & Service team will be on hand for support and to tackle any minor repairs you might need.

As part of the US expansion plans, a second Rally is in the works. Karl and I will be down at the end of October for the Pine Knot Rally in Texas, in part scouting locations for next year.

Questions from the Forums and Facebook:
  • "The maple leaf appears to be fading." - Using the maple leaf in the right place, and in the right context is important to us. It's actually not part of our trademark, but has been used that way since the company has been founded. It will remain a visible part of our brand advertising, including on the back of each of our trailers, proudly built in Chilliwack, BC Canada. The tire covers will always be in stock
  • "Single Price List" - Yes, we're building one to make it easier to compare features and pricing. It wasn't ready for the launch of the site.
  • "making the process less friendly by having us sign up" - This was a hotly debated change to the process of ordering a trailer, which we continue to review based on your feedback. Last year we implemented software to help us manage the sales process, and improve the speed in which we communicate with customers, and ultimately predict the sales volume for planning. We agree that keeping it simple is the way to go, and we're reviewing how to best implement that.
  • "Also, what is the slider thing on the big trailer?" - It will be updated to show a greater range of options and changes - it didn't make the cut-off deadline for launch. We also invested in a larger online tool, that would enable you to swamp colors and fabrics and see the change onscreen. The problem was it only worked - poorly - on desktops. We decided to go back to the drawing board.
  • "posting on Facebook or the forums" - any announcements moving forward will be duplicated on both the forums and FB for both audiences.
  • "errors in data" - we're very aware, and making edits this weekend and on Monday. Thank you!

As always, thank you for the incredible feedback. I'm really looking forward to meeting many of you in person this coming year.

Regards,

David Desjardins
Director, Sales & Marketing
daviddesjardins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:32 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Wow.
Kudos.......
Old 10-05-2019, 03:33 PM   #3

BTW,
I nominate Pennsylvania as an alternate pick up/orientation, as I'm available if not camping.....
Old 10-05-2019, 03:37 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
FYI...you may already be aware but under the bathroom features on the 19' page you have the black tank as 30 gallons, a miss print for sure.

The new site looks very nice but I agree having to sign up to get the brochure , newsletter, etc is a little cumbersome.

Thanks for all the great work to get it done.
Glens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:41 PM   #5
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: Researching
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glens View Post
FYI...you may already be aware but under the bathroom features on the 19' page you have the black tank as 30 gallons, a miss print for sure.

The new site looks very nice but I agree having to sign up to get the brochure , newsletter, etc is a little cumbersome.

Thanks for all the great work to get it done.
Thank you! It was a team effort to bring the site to life. We're updating the specs today and Monday.
daviddesjardins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Thanks for the prompt response I think you did a great job. This forum would be the perfect place to "Beta Test" . As you've noticed this group is observant, loyal and not afraid to voice their opinions.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
BTW,
I nominate Pennsylvania as an alternate pick up/orientation, as I'm available if not camping.....
I am hoping the new Escape 23 is in production soon enough so we can view yours at the 2020 Mississippi River Rendevous. Paired up with a new 2020 Ram 2500 it should be quite a team .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I am hoping the new Escape 23 is in production soon enough so we can view yours at the 2020 Mississippi River Rendevous. Paired up with a new 2020 Ram 2500 it should be quite a team .
Nah, I think the new Escape boat would be more appropriate at the Mississippi Rally...
Old 10-05-2019, 04:36 PM   #9

Trailer: 21’ 2020
What exciting news! Lots of changes coming.

BTW, I nominate Illinois or the mid west for basic trailer sales and contact point. It’s in the middle of the country, accessible to all!
Good luck with the new Products!

Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:54 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
An interesting turn of events for sure. For years, in the mostly good natured back and forth between 19 and 21 owners, I've always said, "sure I'd like a 21 if I could have the 19 layout." So here we are two days use in our new E21 and my wife would shoot me if I dared to suggest we go back to the 19 layout.

She loves that the bed is well away from the stove etc. and she uses the table as an extension of the work area. She also is happy that if I come inside when she's cooking and use the bathroom without having to dodge the bathroom door.

It'll be interesting to see the 21-19 layout.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
To celebrate the new website, I'm going to get my 2009 17B eight litres of RV antifreeze.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
To celebrate the new website, I'm going to get my 2009 17B eight litres of RV antifreeze.
Antifreeze? It's only October
Old 10-05-2019, 10:17 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Hi: gbaglo... How many jugs of Vodka is that? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:30 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
It's water supply disinfectant.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:26 PM   #15

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfrombigt View Post
Antifreeze? It's only October
Haven't done the antifreeze yet? It's already October!

Location changes perspective...
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:38 AM   #16

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post

Yep, no bugs bugging anymore.
One of the advantages of living in Alberta
Old 10-06-2019, 09:35 AM   #17

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Thank you both for the updates and all your hard work. Looking forward to seeing what is coming down the factory line.
grape_escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:43 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post

I know Brian. I'm sitting here shorts, T shirt, flip flops enjoying the 75f temps. But, this will only last a couple more months
Old 10-06-2019, 11:04 AM   #19

Trailer: 21' Escape in production 12/05/19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
An interesting turn of events for sure. For years, in the mostly good natured back and forth between 19 and 21 owners, I've always said, "sure I'd like a 21 if I could have the 19 layout." So here we are two days use in our new E21 and my wife would shoot me if I dared to suggest we go back to the 19 layout.

She loves that the bed is well away from the stove etc. and she uses the table as an extension of the work area. She also is happy that if I come inside when she's cooking and use the bathroom without having to dodge the bathroom door.

It'll be interesting to see the 21-19 layout.

Ron
HMMMM... I've often thought that too. But now that you put it THAT way....? We just ordered our 21' and I was feeling bad that we missed out on the 21-19.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:39 PM   #20

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
For those considering purchasing a new Escape or upsizing , I hope in the near future. Escape releases a floor plan drawing , dry weight and base price for their new larger trailer .
The idea of a walk around bed and more counter / storage space would appeal to us if the cost and weight were within reason . A little more room in the bathroom wouldn’t hurt either .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2020 product announcement, update