Escape 23? - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2019, 01:12 PM   #1

Trailer: None yet
Escape 23?

Has it been decided if the bed will be in the front or the rear of the trailer? I've been browsing the other threads but couldn't find any info on this.

I am one of those who prefers it to be at the front since rear often has more interesting views. Of course this may mean the door may need to be closer to the rear of the trailer.

What would be very interesting is the 2ft larger version of the 5.0TA with a larger bath and larger tank capacities.

yhbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Escape will let us know when they have the preliminary plans for the 23 done, or so they've said.

The disadvantage of the bed at the front is the same as with the 21 for many folks, in that they want it out of the way as much as possible, not right in the traffic area.

I love the size of the 5.0TA, and would not be interested in a longer one. It already has big tanks, though the grey does fill faster. For us the bath is just the right size and works fine, we would much rather not close in the trailer with a larger one.

But, this is why there are so many different models from manufacturers all over, as there are so many different wants and needs from everyone. Heck, we have good friends who love their very expensive 37' moho, and while very nice, we most certainly don't want one.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:04 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape-21 'on order'
out of the way??

LOL when you are coming from a much smaller TT like the 17 Casita to the 21 Esc, the thing looks uuge. WE slept on the beds (the Independence had 2 twins longitudinally in back) ate on the beds, played cards on the beds and stored stuff..on ..& between ..the beds... IOW everything was done on the beds, even some meal prep.
WE picked the std E-21/maple and anticipate the bed being out of the way 90% of the time. In fact we are planning to install a DIY curtain so one "spousal unit" could even sleep while others are using the galley and dinette.
Not happening in the old Casita. ;-)
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:05 PM   #4

Trailer: None yet
In your case, how long can you get by with those tanks in non-hookup sites?

Ideally, I'd like to stay at one place 2 weeks at a time without dumping, and often I don't see hookups in the areas I want to visit...
yhbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhbae View Post
Ideally, I'd like to stay at one place 2 weeks at a time without dumping, and often I don't see hookups in the areas I want to visit...

It is said that the Boler was originally designed based on a septic tank. That might be an option.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:16 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
.... Heck, we have good friends who love their very expensive 37' moho, and while very nice, we most certainly don't want one.
Met up with relatives who have a 34' Expedition diesel pusher. Nice to hang out a bit with them in their Condo, however would not want to pilot that rig around. For us less is more!
Old 10-09-2019, 02:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhbae View Post
In your case, how long can you get by with those tanks in non-hookup sites?

If we use the inside sink a lot, the grey fills in about 3 days. I have taken containers to dump in appropriate places.

Using the black for the majority of our needs, it has gone 10 days with a bit of room to go. I do use trees a fair bit though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-09-2019, 02:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Met up with relatives who have a 34' Expedition diesel pusher. Nice to hang out a bit with them in their Condo, however would not want to pilot that rig around. For us less is more!
The big thing for us, despite not wanting to travel in something that big, is the places you can, or actually can't, take them. We will not do near as much camping trips together as we used to when they had a 25' motorhome. Their new one is 15' wide with the 4' and 3' slides open. You could park a 19 in the open area inside.