Escape 23? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2019, 01:12 PM   #1

Trailer: None yet
Escape 23?

Has it been decided if the bed will be in the front or the rear of the trailer? I've been browsing the other threads but couldn't find any info on this.

I am one of those who prefers it to be at the front since rear often has more interesting views. Of course this may mean the door may need to be closer to the rear of the trailer.

What would be very interesting is the 2ft larger version of the 5.0TA with a larger bath and larger tank capacities.
yhbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Escape will let us know when they have the preliminary plans for the 23 done, or so they've said.

The disadvantage of the bed at the front is the same as with the 21 for many folks, in that they want it out of the way as much as possible, not right in the traffic area.

I love the size of the 5.0TA, and would not be interested in a longer one. It already has big tanks, though the grey does fill faster. For us the bath is just the right size and works fine, we would much rather not close in the trailer with a larger one.

But, this is why there are so many different models from manufacturers all over, as there are so many different wants and needs from everyone. Heck, we have good friends who love their very expensive 37' moho, and while very nice, we most certainly don't want one.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:04 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
out of the way??

LOL when you are coming from a much smaller TT like the 17 Casita to the 21 Esc, the thing looks uuge. WE slept on the beds (the Independence had 2 twins longitudinally in back) ate on the beds, played cards on the beds and stored stuff..on ..& between ..the beds... IOW everything was done on the beds, even some meal prep.
WE picked the std E-21/maple and anticipate the bed being out of the way 90% of the time. In fact we are planning to install a DIY curtain so one "spousal unit" could even sleep while others are using the galley and dinette.
Not happening in the old Casita. ;-)
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:05 PM   #4

In your case, how long can you get by with those tanks in non-hookup sites?

Ideally, I'd like to stay at one place 2 weeks at a time without dumping, and often I don't see hookups in the areas I want to visit...
Old 10-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhbae View Post
Ideally, I'd like to stay at one place 2 weeks at a time without dumping, and often I don't see hookups in the areas I want to visit...

It is said that the Boler was originally designed based on a septic tank. That might be an option.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:16 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
.... Heck, we have good friends who love their very expensive 37' moho, and while very nice, we most certainly don't want one.
Met up with relatives who have a 34' Expedition diesel pusher. Nice to hang out a bit with them in their Condo, however would not want to pilot that rig around. For us less is more!
Old 10-09-2019, 02:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhbae View Post
In your case, how long can you get by with those tanks in non-hookup sites?

If we use the inside sink a lot, the grey fills in about 3 days. I have taken containers to dump in appropriate places.

Using the black for the majority of our needs, it has gone 10 days with a bit of room to go. I do use trees a fair bit though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-09-2019, 02:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Met up with relatives who have a 34' Expedition diesel pusher. Nice to hang out a bit with them in their Condo, however would not want to pilot that rig around. For us less is more!
The big thing for us, despite not wanting to travel in something that big, is the places you can, or actually can't, take them. We will not do near as much camping trips together as we used to when they had a 25' motorhome. Their new one is 15' wide with the 4' and 3' slides open. You could park a 19 in the open area inside.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:43 PM   #9

Front Twin Beds would be nice, with the option to drop in a Queen, or make it a big King Bed. Make the bed space universal to choose your bed option.

Rear dining with the view out the window.

I like the idea of white or cream cabinets.
Brad-Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:21 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Beth to our Escape world.
Have you seen an Escape yet? Contact the factory and they can put in touch with local owners. I'm aware of a couple Escapes in Maryland and I'm within an hour of Baltimore.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:19 AM   #11

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Hi John,

We are still developing the Escape 23. The principal design requirements for this unit are a walk around bed and a dry bath. Our first attempt was not good enough, and we are back at the drawing board. Our current plan is for validated production prototype in September 2020.

A longer 5th wheel is likely the next development project.

Regards,
Karl

Karl Kenny, P.Eng
President
Escape Trailer Industries LP | 604 991 9109

A close up of a logo

Description automatically generated

This is an e-mail that I got from Escape after I inquired about the 23.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:26 AM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Base price for 21 of $36,245 CA is showing about $26,300 US today. If one is sitting on the fence might be a good time to pull the trigger. Keep in mind you only will get that rate after conversion, until then it’s just a figure. I’d set up an account at xe.com or similar and convert and pay ETI in CA if that’s still acceptable.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:05 PM   #13

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Mmmmmm a longer 5th wheel that sounds promising.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 02:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Welcome Beth to our Escape world.
Have you seen an Escape yet? Contact the factory and they can put in touch with local owners. I'm aware of a couple Escapes in Maryland and I'm within an hour of Baltimore.

Thank you for the welcome. Yes, I was able to see an Escape 21 when I flagged down a couple from Colorado who had one at the Wal-Mart parking lot here.

They were gracious enough to give me the grand tour. Very nice couple and beautiful trailer.

Let me know if you ever come up to Rocky Gap State Park, I live in the area.
Brad-Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:11 PM   #15

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Hi John,

We are still developing the Escape 23. The principal design requirements for this unit are a walk around bed and a dry bath. Our first attempt was not good enough, and we are back at the drawing board. Our current plan is for validated production prototype in September 2020.
The next generation 5.0TA will likely be a 25' unit, but we'll get to that after the Escape 23 is completed.

Kind Regards,
Karl

Karl Kenny
President
Escape Trailer

--
Prefer fewer emails from me? Click here

This is the first e-mail I received from Karl regarding the 23. Notice the reference to a 25 foot 5.0.
The e-mail post #11 was the second one I had received from him. 25 ft 5.0 sounds interesting. Lots of excitement at Escape!
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:59 PM   #16

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
The next generation 5.0TA will likely be a 25' unit, but we'll get to that after the Escape 23 is completed.
Good. Maybe this will prompt some upgrading and put some of the older, classic 5.0TA’s on the market. Seems they’ve been non-existent in the Classifieds lately.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:38 PM   #17

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Now I have two reasons to look forward to September, the Mississippi River Rendevous and the new escape 23 . Hopefully by Christmas we will have some details on the new Escape 25 ft. 5.0 TA
It’s nice to hear something positive and uplifting coming from somewhere .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:44 PM   #18

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Good. Maybe this will prompt some upgrading and put some of the older, classic 5.0TA’s on the market. Seems they’ve been non-existent in the Classifieds lately.
If they start popping up, you looking to upgrade, Dave?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:45 AM   #19

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Even though someone in our campground today said when they saw ours they thought it was "cute" I think this 5.0TA is our forever Escape. Bigger likely means my F150 2.7EB wouldn't pull it well. Plus it wouldn't fit in my shelter.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Even though someone in our campground today said when they saw ours they thought it was "cute" I think this 5.0TA is our forever Escape. Bigger likely means my F150 2.7EB wouldn't pull it well. Plus it wouldn't fit in my shelter.
25' still sounds like it's within the domain of a half tonne trucks, especially if it's not a full width model like models from other manufacturers are.