Escape forced to change stove - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-15-2018, 01:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Escape forced to change stove

I just got this message because we had ordered the 3 burn SS stove.

“Escape Trailer Industries has been advised by their supplier effective immediately the 2 and 3 burner stainless steel cooktop we currently install in the Escape travel Trailer has been discontinued. Unfortunately, with this sudden change in inventory supply we are also unable to order any more of the standard 2 burner Atwood black cooktops or the optional 3 burner black cooktops.
Effective April 1, 2018 Escape Trailer Industries will be installing a stainless steel 2- burner cooktop (Suburban SDS2 – RV) as their standard cooktop.”

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:21 PM   #2

New Stock Stove Pics

Wow...this is a great stock stove for Escape to adopt. It is a flush mount with lid...our dream stove...we are simple campers. They could have picked the cheaper black or SS no lid above counter model but they didn’t. For the extra that Escape is paying for this stove, I think it is really going to show well that Escape is putting forth the effort to deliver a good looking quality product.
Photos sent to me by Escape.
Attached Thumbnails
3A99BDCD-5E1E-4509-B8A5-E91512A77E0F.jpeg   80C15A32-61E3-42ED-9BE5-CD9136627425.jpeg  

Old 01-15-2018, 02:32 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Dang,
Now I have to start a list for reason to upgrade, thought I was done.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:18 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
That is very nice indeed, and a good choice by Escape. With the lid down, you'll wind up with more counter space. Looks like there's a piezo switch as well, so no more lighters or matches. Visually, a real step up for the galley.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
That is very nice indeed, and a good choice by Escape. With the lid down, you'll wind up with more counter space. Looks like there's a piezo switch as well, so no more lighters or matches. Visually, a real step up for the galley.
I was starting to think this was a lot about nothing but your response answered my questions . Thank You !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:29 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
It looks good but not as good as yours. A really classy stove you put in.

That will be a big improvement for Escape though to have one flush especially on 19's.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:40 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Dang,
Now I have to start a list for reason to upgrade, thought I was done.
Ah, don't you just have to check and see if it's time for more propane?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:09 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
I have a 21 on order with the 2 burner stainless option, 3/16 completion date. Wonder if I can get one of these instead...
Mpresco2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:26 PM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I can tell I'm in the minority, I don't like these stoves. The burners sit lower than the edge and need to for the lid to close. IF you use a large pot, it wouldn't be centered over the burner and depending on the size, it can be waaay off center. Glass doesn't really give you more counter space... just visually, I'd rather have a cutting board. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:28 PM   #10

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I have stainless ordered for my 17 and was told the location of the heater precluded a flat top installation. Wonder if they'll have to make a modification for that.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:38 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Is there a new 3 burner option? We haven't worked through our build list yet but were planning on 3 burners in our 21.
sailor231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:41 PM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I can tell I'm in the minority, I don't like these stoves. The burners sit lower than the edge and need to for the lid to close. IF you use a large pot, it wouldn't be centered over the burner and depending on the size, it can be waaay off center. Glass doesn't really give you more counter space... just visually, I'd rather have a cutting board. YMMV
My Dickinson is recessed, but I've never had an issue with the pot size. Maybe it's just that we use smaller pans when we camp?
Old 01-15-2018, 05:43 PM   #13

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA Tundra 1794 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
I just got this message because we had ordered the 3 burn SS stove.

“Escape Trailer Industries has been advised by their supplier effective immediately the 2 and 3 burner stainless steel cooktop we currently install in the Escape travel Trailer has been discontinued. Unfortunately, with this sudden change in inventory supply we are also unable to order any more of the standard 2 burner Atwood black cooktops or the optional 3 burner black cooktops.
Effective April 1, 2018 Escape Trailer Industries will be installing a stainless steel 2- burner cooktop (Suburban SDS2 – RV) as their standard cooktop.”
We have a three burner black on our build list for a June production date...... we have not been told this update from ETI yet.... but seemingly... we will be paying a little less for our trailer.

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time" JT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TlAD-b7yew
Honair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:46 PM   #14

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor231 View Post
Is there a new 3 burner option? We haven't worked through our build list yet but were planning on 3 burners in our 21.
Not sure what ETI has planned but there is a 3 burner Suburban that can be recessed.

3 Burner Drop-In Cooktop, Stainless top - Suburban 2938AST - Counter & Stove Tops - Camping World
3 Burner Drop-In Flush Mount Glass Cover - Suburban 2990A - Counter & Stove Tops - Camping World
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:08 PM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Another option for those that want a 3 burner stove with a large counter space is to get the oven & the cutting board cover. Probably wouldn't work with the 17, and a tight fit with the 19, but it works for me in the 21 since I wanted the oven anyway. I've never used all 3 burners, but I do use the oven...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0607.jpg  
Old 01-15-2018, 06:28 PM   #16
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
just curious, what about stovetop-with-ovens ? I really dig having the oven in our 21.

the atwood/wedgewood 3-burner stove on top of our oven seems quite reasonable, I just had mine all apart to fix one burner (was burning yellow and fluttery, not sure why, but when I removed the burrner, tapped and shook out the intake tube, I didn't see anything come out, but when I reassembled it, I got a clean blue flame) and also fixed a piezo starter (same burner wouldn't light with the piezo, I determined the insulation was broken on the wire from the piezo plinker, got a new wire and its good as new!).
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:31 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Another option for those that want a 3 burner stove with a large counter space is to get the oven & the cutting board cover. Probably wouldn't work with the 17, and a tight fit with the 19, but it works for me in the 21 since I wanted the oven anyway. I've never used all 3 burners, but I do use the oven...
oh nice. i wonder if I couldn't take a thin cutting board and screw it to the top of my 'tin' cover. does that board fold in the middle, or is it all one piece?

actually, can you see if there's a part number on that lid ?\

edit: huh, I don't even see that wood cover as an option on the Escape 21 on their website, but I could be blind.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor231 View Post
Since we had a 3 burner SS stove on our build sheet and was not offered a new 3 burner option...I would assume there is no 3 burner option at this time. A new build sheet was attached to the email with the $150, 3 burner option removed.
You might be able to buy on line a 3 burner at a nearby RV shop and have it delivered to ETI for it to be installed. But that is a question you will have to ask ETI.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #19

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:

Good point.
James Gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:54 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
reading the manual for the stove we have, it says not to put large pots on it that hang over the edge, as they can burn adjacent surfaces.