ETI moving up schedule - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2016, 11:56 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
Received the email yesterday. While it would be nice to have it sooner,declined moving date up. With no disrespect, but the additional wait time will allow them to train the new hires in how to build a trailer and with perhaps fewer "oops"....also will have about a year on the new design in the field to see if any changes are needed.
Seriously? They have been doing it for years, and I would have no reservation at all in moving my date up. I think you are hoping for something that does not exist, as they, like any company their size, will always have new hires in training. But, if you are not anxious to get a trailer, then waiting certainly won't hurt.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:03 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
This is not ETIs first time at the rodeo. Many of us have purchased trailers sight unseen, even brand new models. I know I've had zero regrets with my purchase and I bought mine based on a Photoshop picture and the layout on a cocktail napkin

None of the new models are changing much on the inside anyway. Those are tried and true layouts.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:25 PM   #23

Trailer: Custom off-road trailer, 2017 Escape 19' on order
I wouldnt worry about them not being "ready" to do a good job because if they aren't ready they wouldnt ask... eh?
We havent received any email yet (so wait time for ours is still 1+ year at this point) but I imagine if we do get asked it will depends on whether or not we can pick up the trailer early... I am guessing in our case if enough people declined maybe we get to move way up!
caddoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:38 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
I would be very cautious about speculating on the ability of ETI's staff to deliver a quality product anytime. All it can do is cause doubt in the mind of their current and future customers. While it is a legitimate question, I'd be reluctant to potentially harm someone's business without first know what quality assurance measures are planned for in addition to those already in place (which we all seeming agree, are far beyond adequate) before any such wide-spread speculation.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:01 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
When inquiring about moving up our 12/29/14 date Tammy said she wanted to be sure the new hires were working out. This latest expansion is much larger so I think it is fair to wonder. Trust your instincts and re-read the thread Orientation. Best to discover any issues you can at pickup rather than have them irritate you later.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:11 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps" - P/U June 29, 2017
We received the email yesterday and did request to be moved up to first available date. Our new delivery date is June 29, 2017. We are happy campers!
Mike & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #27

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
When inquiring about moving up our 12/29/14 date Tammy said she wanted to be sure the new hires were working out. This latest expansion is much larger so I think it is fair to wonder. Trust your instincts and re-read the thread Orientation. Best to discover any issues you can at pickup rather than have them irritate you later.
This is from an email Tammy sent, that might be seen that they are prepping well for this increased production. Plus, the trailing time has likely been extended while they have been (somewhat) patiently awaiting completion of the addition.

Quote:
In preparation for the occupancy of the new building Escape Trailer Industries has been hiring and training new staff for the past six months.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
I received the email on Thursday morning, and I immediately responded. So our date got moved up to 3 weeks early....Feb 21 and our orientation and pick up is Feb 24! Pretty exciting times now, since it's all about decorating, buying supplies and things!
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:37 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape 19 Jul 2017; former 2015 Casita SD
This morning I responded to the email we received yesterday. Our new hatch date is Jul 28!! We are (or will be) happy campers. I want to go to Oregon for the solar eclipse next August.
dmdunca44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:50 PM   #30

Trailer: Still yearning
We feel really fortunate: our Aug 1 date was moved up to January 12th. It does mean a scramble to get the build sheet done and the fabric ordered though.

DeanGC is offline   Reply With Quote