ETI moving up schedule - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2016, 10:28 AM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Fingers crossed, as I plan to pick up my 5.0 as soon after Jan 26 as I can, There is a few mountain ranges to go over during the dead of winter, so I may have to wait until a clear opening. It is about a 9 hour drive, which is very doable on the way, but may take a bit longer on the return trip.
Wow, trying the Coq and Glacier during January? Braver than I, Jim.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:42 AM   #42

Trailer: 2012 15A
We made the 1000 km (620 mile) drive from Calgary to Vancouver in late January 2013. We had a narrow travel window in which we watched the weather and picked the day to depart. Conditions along the Trans Canada Hwy 1 varied from great in Calgary and Banff to snow starting on the BC Alberta border. We never had any problems with slippery roads at all. Having good snow tires on the tow vehicle was reassuring.
Attached Thumbnails
P1270275r.JPG   P1270293r.jpg   P1270300r.JPG   P1270304r.jpg  
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:45 AM   #43

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
I guess we better go visit them and put in an order soon, it sounds like things are moving up enough that a new order might be done before the end of next summer.

Does anyone know if the new building is up and running for a production tour?
sailor231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:50 AM   #44

Trailer: 2012 15A
The vehicles and trailer were fairly dirty by the time we reached the summit of the Rogers Pass. By the time we got to Chilliwack everything was clean again from the rains in the Fraser Valley.
It's not a trip I would like to do very often but we took our time and paid close attention to the weather conditions.
We did not drive the Coquihalla Hwy 5 from Kamloops to Hope. Instead we took the Fraser Canyon which is much lower in elevation.
Attached Thumbnails
P1280314r.JPG   P1280324r.jpg   P1280333r.JPG   P1290341r.JPG  
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:10 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Wow, trying the Coq and Glacier during January? Braver than I, Jim.
Yes, but to be fair, I am quite used to towing in snow and ice conditions. There are a few times around Calgary though where I don't tow because the conditions are too bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
We made the 1000 km (620 mile) drive from Calgary to Vancouver in late January 2013. We had a narrow travel window in which we watched the weather and picked the day to depart. Conditions along the Trans Canada Hwy 1 varied from great in Calgary and Banff to snow starting on the BC Alberta border. We never had any problems with slippery roads at all. Having good snow tires on the tow vehicle was reassuring.
This is pretty much what I will do, wait for a decent weather window. Fresh snow is often not too bad at all to deal with. I am getting snow tires on my truck soon.
Quote:
We did not drive the Coquihalla Hwy 5 from Kamloops to Hope. Instead we took the Fraser Canyon which is much lower in elevation.
This is a good thought for the return trip with the trailer. I will likely drive the Coquihalla on the way to Chilliwack, and can assess the condition then, as I will be returning the next day.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:14 PM   #46

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
New Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor231 View Post
I guess we better go visit them and put in an order soon, it sounds like things are moving up enough that a new order might be done before the end of next summer.

We are meeting with Sarah at ETI on Tuesday to discuss our build sheet and will ask.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor231 View Post

We were at ETI this morning discussing the build sheet for our trailer and although they have been working on their expansion plans, the expansion plans are not quite complete and a production tour is not permitted at this time. They are taking over the building in front of their existing building and moving the offices and incorporating a new display centre. They have built a new building behind their existing building which will become the fibreglass shop and the end production area will expand to take over the whole of the existing building. We believe that production will increase substantially.

Incidentally, we originally had a very long lead time. But we saw on the forum that some people did not want to take their new dates, so we contacted ETI and offered to step up and take a date that they found difficult to fill. They got back to us very quickly, had to finalize our build sheet in less than a week; however the reward is that we will get our new trailer at the end of January.

I think that they will update the delivery dates on the website as soon as their planning updates are completed. However, if you want something quick, contact them, but as someone has already noted above, be prepared to move quickly.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:22 PM   #48

Trailer: 2011 19'
Quote:

This is a good thought for the return trip with the trailer. I will likely drive the Coquihalla on the way to Chilliwack, and can assess the condition then, as I will be returning the next day.
Jim, a good way to monitor BC road conditions can be found through "Drive BC";
DriveBC

My Blog; https://lenanddian.blogspot.com
Old Fulica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:28 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fulica View Post
Jim, a good way to monitor BC road conditions can be found through "Drive BC";
DriveBC
Thanks Len, I will keep an eye out here close to the time of travel.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-02-2016, 02:15 PM   #50

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B
Quote:
The vehicles and trailer were fairly dirty by the time we reached the summit of the Rogers Pass. By the time we got to Chilliwack everything was clean again from the rains in the Fraser Valley.
I would worry about the "sand" that they use for traction on those highways... it is better described as gravel! I have received many a paint or windshield chip driving the Coquihalla in the winter; especially when drivers change lanes right in front of you.

Jim - you should look at some rock guards for the tow vehicle so you don't sandblast the brand new gelcoat.
msweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:35 PM   #51

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msweet View Post

Jim - you should look at some rock guards for the tow vehicle so you don't sandblast the brand new gelcoat.
Does Escape sell the fiberglass window cut outs? Seems like you could fashion rock guards out of a couple of them.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:37 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by msweet View Post
Minimally, I plan to do 3M Protection on the front of the trailer outside of the frame. There is a shop that does it in Chilliwack who I plan to set something up with when I head there for a visit on Dec 19.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:40 PM   #53

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B
Quote:
Minimally, I plan to do 3M Protection on the front of the trailer outside of the frame. There is a shop that does it in Chilliwack who I plan to set something up with when I head there for a visit on Dec 19.
Great idea!
msweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:19 AM   #54

Trailer: 2017 19
I am happy for those of you who will be getting their trailers earlier, even though you may have to scramble to get your Build Sheets completed. I am sticking with my May date for my 19. My own retirement plans and some of my finances are already set up for this. Working on my own Build Sheet as I speak. It has been informative to read everyone's comments about what options are desirable, but it seems to boil down to what kind of lifestyle one is planning for and what they would be comfortable with (or without).
https://daysofnights.org
johnwarrensimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:52 AM   #55

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The nice thing about your May completion date is that you will be able to attend the annual rally held in nearby Osoyoos, BC every year in May. It is a sight to behold, over a hundred Escapes from all over the country returning to their spawning grounds.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:35 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwarrensimpson View Post
It has been informative to read everyone's comments about what options are desirable, but it seems to boil down to what kind of lifestyle one is planning for and what they would be comfortable with (or without).
And even at that, most everyone's camping lifestyle changes somewhat as time goes on. I know ours will be a lot different in retirement than it has been while working and raising a family. But, not too hard to adapt things with the trailer as time goes by.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:23 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwarrensimpson View Post
I am happy for those of you who will be getting their trailers earlier, even though you may have to scramble to get your Build Sheets completed. I am sticking with my May date for my 19. My own retirement plans and some of my finances are already set up for this. Working on my own Build Sheet as I speak. It has been informative to read everyone's comments about what options are desirable, but it seems to boil down to what kind of lifestyle one is planning for and what they would be comfortable with (or without).
We thank you for your decision not to move up your completion date! As a result of you and and a few others not wishing to move up their dates, ETI were left with a date in their expanded schedule at the end of January that no-one wanted and we were happy to take as we ended up getting our new trailer many months earlier than we could otherwise hoped. We are already retired and ready to travel. Much appreciated.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #58

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
We thank you for your decision not to move up your completion date! As a result of you and and a few others not wishing to move up their dates, ETI were left with a date in their expanded schedule at the end of January that no-one wanted and we were happy to take as we ended up getting our new trailer many months earlier than we could otherwise hoped. We are already retired and ready to travel. Much appreciated.
Yahoo Patrica! Pick it up in January and hit the road! Very happy for you!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:09 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The nice thing about your May completion date is that you will be able to attend the annual rally held in nearby Osoyoos, BC every year in May. It is a sight to behold, over a hundred Escapes from all over the country returning to their spawning grounds.
I now have confirmed my orientation and pick-up date for my 19 on May 25, and have reservations for Osoyoos for the 26th and 27th. My new life on the the road is definitely taking shape! Am very close to finalizing my build sheet. And now to figure out how I am going to pay for all this! You guys are great! See you in May!
Old 04-25-2017, 02:41 PM   #60

In Production

Doesn't everyone post their first pictures of their trailer in production? Erin sent me these today. Completion date May 10. Orientation and pickup May 25. See y'all in Osoyoos!
Attached Thumbnails
17.04.25.small.jpg