ETI moving up schedule - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Front Range, Colorado
Trailer: Eureka Equinox 6 person tent. (with a broken zipper) 5.0 TA on order July 2017 delivery
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by msweet View Post

Jim - you should look at some rock guards for the tow vehicle so you don't sandblast the brand new gelcoat.
Does Escape sell the fiberglass window cut outs? Seems like you could fashion rock guards out of a couple of them.
__________________

SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:37 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 10,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by msweet View Post
Jim - you should look at some rock guards for the tow vehicle so you don't sandblast the brand new gelcoat.
Minimally, I plan to do 3M Protection on the front of the trailer outside of the frame. There is a shop that does it in Chilliwack who I plan to set something up with when I head there for a visit on Dec 19.
__________________

__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:40 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: New Westminster, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Minimally, I plan to do 3M Protection on the front of the trailer outside of the frame. There is a shop that does it in Chilliwack who I plan to set something up with when I head there for a visit on Dec 19.
Great idea!
msweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 05:19 AM   #54
Junior Member
 
johnwarrensimpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: 2017 19
Posts: 20
I am happy for those of you who will be getting their trailers earlier, even though you may have to scramble to get your Build Sheets completed. I am sticking with my May date for my 19. My own retirement plans and some of my finances are already set up for this. Working on my own Build Sheet as I speak. It has been informative to read everyone's comments about what options are desirable, but it seems to boil down to what kind of lifestyle one is planning for and what they would be comfortable with (or without).
__________________
John Warren Simpson
Days of Nights
"in search of dark skies"
http://daysofnights.org
johnwarrensimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 05:52 AM   #55
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 11,380
The nice thing about your May completion date is that you will be able to attend the annual rally held in nearby Osoyoos, BC every year in May. It is a sight to behold, over a hundred Escapes from all over the country returning to their spawning grounds.
__________________
Jim
home is where you park it!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:35 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 10,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwarrensimpson View Post
It has been informative to read everyone's comments about what options are desirable, but it seems to boil down to what kind of lifestyle one is planning for and what they would be comfortable with (or without).
And even at that, most everyone's camping lifestyle changes somewhat as time goes on. I know ours will be a lot different in retirement than it has been while working and raising a family. But, not too hard to adapt things with the trailer as time goes by.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:23 AM   #57
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape 17B January 2017
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwarrensimpson View Post
I am happy for those of you who will be getting their trailers earlier, even though you may have to scramble to get your Build Sheets completed. I am sticking with my May date for my 19. My own retirement plans and some of my finances are already set up for this. Working on my own Build Sheet as I speak. It has been informative to read everyone's comments about what options are desirable, but it seems to boil down to what kind of lifestyle one is planning for and what they would be comfortable with (or without).
We thank you for your decision not to move up your completion date! As a result of you and and a few others not wishing to move up their dates, ETI were left with a date in their expanded schedule at the end of January that no-one wanted and we were happy to take as we ended up getting our new trailer many months earlier than we could otherwise hoped. We are already retired and ready to travel. Much appreciated.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 01:46 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Steve Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Fremont, California
Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
We thank you for your decision not to move up your completion date! As a result of you and and a few others not wishing to move up their dates, ETI were left with a date in their expanded schedule at the end of January that no-one wanted and we were happy to take as we ended up getting our new trailer many months earlier than we could otherwise hoped. We are already retired and ready to travel. Much appreciated.
Yahoo Patrica! Pick it up in January and hit the road! Very happy for you!
__________________
Steve and Debbie
2016 - 21'
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 02:09 AM   #59
Junior Member
 
johnwarrensimpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: 2017 19
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The nice thing about your May completion date is that you will be able to attend the annual rally held in nearby Osoyoos, BC every year in May. It is a sight to behold, over a hundred Escapes from all over the country returning to their spawning grounds.
I now have confirmed my orientation and pick-up date for my 19 on May 25, and have reservations for Osoyoos for the 26th and 27th. My new life on the the road is definitely taking shape! Am very close to finalizing my build sheet. And now to figure out how I am going to pay for all this! You guys are great! See you in May!
__________________

__________________
John Warren Simpson
Days of Nights
"in search of dark skies"
http://daysofnights.org
johnwarrensimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.