Factory visit on 5/20/16 - new 17 & 19 trailers - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2016, 09:50 PM   #1

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Factory visit on 5/20/16 - new 17 & 19 trailers

I decided to head up to the factory today to view the new 2017 17' and 19' trailers they have on display. Of course I took wads and wads of photos. I'm going to upload some of the photos on this thread, along with a separate thread for the 17' and another separate thread for the 19'. I might duplicate photos, so bear with me if I do. And it'll take a while to do all this - hopefully I'll get it all done tonight.

Point of interest - they're not doing ANY factory tours right now due to construction going on inside. Sarah said they don't even want the office gals going in there due to all that. So, I didn't get to see any of the new trailers during construction. Bummer. I don't know when they'll start the tours up again.

And, they're not open on Saturdays until June, even though their website states they're open on Saturday, starting in April.

There's a Canadian holiday on Monday, so they're closed on Monday.

Okay, onwards to photos and I'll include text with each batch of photos. Or rather commentary.

Oh, when I got there I saw a couple getting their photos taken by their new trailer. Turns out it's the folks that got the 19' that was recently listed by ETI for sale. They were super excited to get it and had some friends from Vancouver there to check out the trailer. They were outfitting it with stuff as they were getting ready to take it camping. How exciting for them!

And there was another fellow there I talked to briefly as I was leaving. I think he was there to get his trailer as well. So, that was at least 3 trailers that were delivered today, as another one was delivered earlier to a fellow from Alabama (with a Voodoo Blue FJ - great choice of vehicle! I have a brick red).

So, hopping day at the factory. A 15' was there for some reason or another. Whew! Trailers being moved left and right. Busy, busy, busy!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:04 PM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
First photo was taken inside the new 17'. He's installing some white stuff (long roll, probably vinyl) along the side of the door. Heck if I know what he's doing. I didn't ask as I didn't want to bother them and I figure some of you will know. Plus, I know Brian B-P will be pouring over these photos intently (yes, I know you will!) and he can tell us what all is going on.

Second photo also taken from inside the 17', but now the guy is done with whatever and has closed the door. Great way to see the straight sides of the trailer. Do these two photos count for the "What's out your back window?" thread? Note the pile of propane canisters on the ground. Yep, lots of 'em. I don't know what's stacked on top of the red container being used as a storage shed.

Third photo shows the same 2017 19', the 2017 17' and a 2016 style 19' with blue graphics. Note the HUGE pile of propane canisters stacked in the background. Holy Cow!

Note the red 19 doesn't have the front storage box, while the blue 19 does. Red has a cover for the propane tanks and blue doesn't. I also noticed the 17' doesn't have lights along the top, which seems rather odd to me after seeing them on top of the others.

Fourth photo shows more of the blue 19 and you can see some of the trailers stacked up in the back area.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04147.jpg   DSC04181.jpg   DSC04182.jpg   DSC04183.jpg  
Old 05-20-2016, 10:11 PM   #3

I'm inside the display 19' (which was across the way from the display 17), busy taking photos, when I noticed they were moving around a bunch of trailers. I stayed inside and started snapping photos as it was rather interesting (to me, at least) watching them zip all over. The guy on the forklift really knows his stuff. Let's just say he wasn't slow and he didn't scratch anything and just slotted them into wherever he was going.

1. the new 2017 19 shown earlier. Note it doesn't have the solar panel - none of the 2017 models had 'em, so I can't answer how they're attached. Nor was I able to see the tops well enough to figure it out.

2-4. I think this is the blue 19 shown earlier
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04253.jpg   DSC04260.jpg   DSC04261.jpg   DSC04262.jpg  
Old 05-20-2016, 10:20 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
The guy on the forklift is probably Tammy's dad Dennis. They probably don't trust anyone else to move trailers around in such tight confines. On ours there was a sign on the tongue "Bike Rack" to remind of the rear clearance deficit.

The 2017 displays are bare bones models and still have the same vinyl floor and upholstery currently in production. They do have the new frameless windows and new awning.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:21 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Artic Fox 29-5T Fifthwheel
Exciting! Please keep the photos coming.
Rosalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:21 PM   #6

1. Yet another photo of that blue 19'. Hey, you can see how it attaches to the forklift! And after you've looked at that, you can admire the valence up close and personal. I do not know if that's new fabric as I didn't pay close attention to the old since we're not getting it.

2. Getting ready to move a partially completed trailer out of the warehouse. Now this was interesting in that it doesn't have the windows installed. The two next to it (2016 styles) do, so heck if I know what's going on in terms of production order. Note the awning arm is extended on the trailer on the right, so maybe they're getting ready to attach it. Dunno.

3. Okay, must be a 17 he's hauling out. Kind of cool seeing it in the sunlight without the windows attached. Quick - 2016 or 2017 style?

4. And yep, it's a 17. I can read the graphics on the back. I'm so smart.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04263.jpg   DSC04269.jpg   DSC04272.jpg   DSC04273.jpg  
Old 05-20-2016, 10:37 PM   #7

1. Say "bye-bye" to the windowless trailer as it (eventually) disappears around the corner. Hey, guess this is the new frameless style. HA! I kill myself sometimes with my stupid humor. (Plus, I figured I'd say it before someone like Jim B, Baglo or CPAHarley says it. HA!)

2. What's left inside the building after the other one was hauled out. Pick out any details that you care to. I tell ya, it was kind of interesting to see the escape hatch in the 5.0TA extended like that, though.

3. Just for grins I went inside a 2016 style (probably earlier since it's one of their display models that's been there for a while) so everyone could see the white sink and stove, which was their old standard. I have photos of the new sink and stove in the thread that I'll eventually start for the 2017 styles. Tonight or tomorrow - it takes a long time to upload all these photos!).

And yeah, same fabric in the 2017 style, as Rossue noted. Boy, I really do not like those white appliances. To each their own, though.

4. I'm pretty sure this is the same trailer as above (I took so many photos I was rather confused when I looked at these when I got home), a 17 footer. I found it interesting that the two windows up front are the awning style, even though these are the old style windows. You can compare it to the newer, frameless style when I get that thread taken care of. I assumed there wasn't room for sliding windows in that small area.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04274.jpg   DSC04275.jpg   DSC04278.jpg   DSC04280.jpg  
Old 05-20-2016, 10:45 PM   #8

1. Now the 2017 red 19 is being moved. Note the door is open. This might have been the trailer that had someone inside when it was being moved. I was very startled when I saw that, but wasn't able to snap a photo. Hey, when you're crunched for time, I guess you stay inside until it's moved to the new location! Too funny.

2. Great view of the new style door.

3. Ooo, maybe I did get the guy's knee in this photo. Otherwise, I'm not sure what that grey/blue small round blob is inside the trailer. How good are your eyes? Can you see it?

4. Another shot of the same trailer, but from the front window instead of the door. Dunno why I moved, but I did. Hey, one can never have enough photos of Escape trailers, right?
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04288.jpg   DSC04291.jpg   DSC04289a.jpg   DSC04290b.jpg  
Old 05-20-2016, 10:47 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
To me the bummer is stainless only sink. FYI- both the white(which we like) and black range hoods are magnetic while the stainless is not. That let's you put magnetic hooks on inside(so you don't mar the surface) and hang damp dish towels while in transit.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:47 PM   #10

Well, crud two of the photos above are turned. Could one of the mods please fix that for me? This stupid Windows 10 does weird things with photos. Like showing it correctly orientated at my end, but not when it's posted. And I can't blame the ipad or smart phone as it's a digital camera.

Stupid computers.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
To me the bummer is stainless only sink. FYI- both the white(which we like) and black range hoods are magnetic while the stainless is not. That let's you put magnetic hooks on inside(so you don't mar the surface) and hang damp dish towels while in transit.
That's good to know! We're getting the black. Whew, I can stick magnets up.

(Pooey, I keep getting a connection timed out error, so we'll see how many more photos I can upload tonight.)
Old 05-20-2016, 11:00 PM   #12

1. A line of 4 21' trailers. I asked Sarah when the new 21' will be done and she said in about a month. But I'm not sure if that means when they start popping 'em out of the mold or when one will be completed. I've kind of forgotten her exact reply by now. I know, I took myself to task as that's the trailer I really wanna see! I told her to keep me posted as we're definitely zipping back up when it's completed.

You can also see 2 5.0TAs in this photo, plus the reflection of either the sun or the camera flash. Take your pick.

2. So, which one is yours? The red, royal blue, black or lime green?

3. Oooo, the tank knobs match the lime green graphics. Stylish! Note the pile of axles (I think) in the background.

4. And even more trailers lined up. Would this be a 13, 15 and a 17 or 19 (doesn't have a front window cover and note the differences between the other two front window covers)? Heck if I know, as I'm just guessing, but I know someone seeing this photo will know and can comment on it.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04293.jpg   DSC04294.jpg   DSC04295.jpg   DSC04296.jpg  
Old 05-20-2016, 11:08 PM   #13

Okay, last photo for this thread. Note the 3 5.0TAs lined up. There might have been more. I'll bet they're hoping the new owners come for those soon! Lots of trailers on the lot, probably waiting for their new owners. Plus, some for whatever needs doing.

Note the pile of gravel. I wasn't able to see any of the construction going on for the new building.

Another thing I remember:

The 19' trailer I saw in an earlier visit, with the black graphics, wasn't completed with everything inside. It was partly completed inside so they could take photos of the outside - something about needing to do some of the interior work so the weight could be supported - dunno. It'll get completed later on. I thought maybe it was completed and stashed away as CPAHarley's new trailer that he's taking to the rally. I had asked where it was at the ones outside today had red graphics.

Okay, this is it for my photos for this thread. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04297.jpg  
Old 05-20-2016, 11:28 PM   #14

Oh yeah, just remembered. If you come across the border at Sumas, if you get Officer (or whatever title they have) Troutman, count yourself lucky. He's a huge fan of the Escape trailers and wants a 15' for himself. He was bummed when I told him they recently stopped producing them. He sees a lot of the trailers come across. He was asking me what options I was getting, when I'm getting it and all that. He knew there's about a year long waiting list.

Yeah, there wasn't any line up at all going across this morning so we had plenty of time to chat about the trailers.

He also confirmed what I suspected about when I bring stuff up for our trailer, such as the dinette fabric and a few other things they're going to install. He said bring along receipts for everything as well as the Bill of Sale for the trailer which will prove that it's being exported and my stuff won't be staying in Canada permanently. I told him he was the first one that was able to answer my questions on that subject and I hope he's working when I bring them across. He says he works 4 days on and 4 days off.

I told Sarah about him wanting a 15 footer and she says they still get requests for that trailer. I told her if a guy comes in looking for one and says he works for the Border guards, they should make one for him so everyone getting a trailer stays in his good graces.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:35 PM   #15

Okay, everyone will have to wait until tomorrow for the thread/photos of the new 17 and 19 footers. I got up way earlier than I'm used to and hit a TON of traffic coming home, so I'm tired and off to catch some sleep.

But the wait should be worth it. I greatly enjoyed seeing them today and am very anxious to see the new 21 footer. As well as the 5.0TA when that's done. (I didn't ask about the schedule on that.)

When we ordered our trailer we were given a due date of the end of December, however when we came up to pay for it, we were told it would probably be 3 months earlier, due to the new building they were going to put up. Well, as previously posted by Reace, they took longer than expected to get started on it (probably due to red tape and some such). She said by the end of this summer they would know better if trailers will be completed earlier than originally scheduled. Fingers crossed! I'm still keeping my reservation for the Fall NOG, just in case.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:28 AM   #16

Trailer: ex Casita/ 2016 Escape 21 '16 TRD 4x4
The black 21 is mine. We won't be up to pick it up until July 6, unfortunately. Thanks for the info on the receipts.
Jerry
jerryandmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:21 AM   #17

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Plus, I know Brian B-P will be pouring over these photos intently (yes, I know you will!) and he can tell us what all is going on.
That sounds like a challenge...

Quote:
First photo was taken inside the new 17'. He's installing some white stuff (long roll, probably vinyl) along the side of the door. Heck if I know what he's doing.
The new door comes with a frame and trim; my guess is that he is installing the trim moulding.

Quote:
Note the HUGE pile of propane canisters stacked in the background.
The cylinders are from Worthington, one of the two big propane cylinder manufacturers in the U.S. Costco usually has a similar stack during grilling season, coincidentally of the same brand. Worthington offers the option of a level gauge on the cylinder; did any one notice if Escape is getting those? It's really not a big deal either way.

Quote:
I also noticed the 17' doesn't have lights along the top, which seems rather odd to me after seeing them on top of the others.
The 17' is the only Escape model left in production which is narrow enough that it does not need clearance lights on the corners or the wide vehicle identification lamps (the group of three in the middle).

That 17' also doesn't have the "Additional Set Rear Upper LED Brake/Signal Lights" which are listed as a $150.00 option, but are very commonly ordered.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:41 AM   #18

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
3. Oooo, the tank knobs match the lime green graphics. Stylish! Note the pile of axles (I think) in the background.
Amusing colour coincidence. The interesting part to me is that green is the colour code for a QCC connector with a flow-limiting device which allows more flow than the standard black knob... not usually needed for a trailer without a large furnace, but I prefer to have this higher-flow version.

Yes, those are axles - you can see the hubs which are also the brake drums.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:39 AM   #19

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Thanks so much for all the great pics and info! I'm anxiously awaiting the thread tomorrow on the 17B!
Brenda
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:25 AM   #20

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Has there been a clarification on the "new" insulation that is being used or did I miss that discussion somewhere. I was thinking it might be Thermozite.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote