Meet the Escapee's - Brian's Interview - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #1

Meet the Escapee's - Brian's Interview

I think this was the best show yet.. Brian was excellent, we had a stellar connection and pace of the show was right on target.. Thanks Brian!!

You may need to refresh the page to see the video, depending on your browser..or hit the play button

[url=http://www.escapeforum.org/gallery/Brian-interview.flv]

favorite quote: "Put the candle back"
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:43 AM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Escape 13
Re: Meet the Escapee's - Brian's Interview

Jeff:

Thank you for your masterful production of the "Meet the Escapee's" shows -- you have invested a lot of time and effort in perfecting the technique and are an excellent interviewer. Thanks also to Liana who is working in the background to make the shows run smoothly.

In the show tonight you mentioned the Qualicum / Vancouver Island pictures I sent you. (You and Liana had not been able to see Vancouver Island because Shiba was not well.)

For the curious, here is a link to the pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_v...534118/detail/

I did not post them on the forum because (difficult as it is to believe) we did not take our trailer with us on the trip to Qualicum.

Brian

2003 Subaru Forester
2012 Toyota Highlander V6
2010 Escape 13 "Ladybug" Feb 2010
bvansnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:58 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 'Houdini 2'

That was a really nice interview. Thanks Jeff, for the great work in the production of these. It's really fun to meet other Escape owners and to learn how you are doing.
And Brian, your photos are really wonderful. Thanks for sharing them. Maybe some day Ian and I will get out that way again, and that looks like a spot not to miss.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B

Indeed this was a very nice interview! Unfortunately I was not able to follow this one live, but at least I was able to watch it later. What a nice crowd of people around here!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #5

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Great interview Brian. I tried live, but we were in Williamsburg, and had a slooooow wireless hookup, and it kept stopping to catch up!!!!! Very irritating. However, the replay works great! Thanks Jeff! I still think I'll stick to the 5.0 however : - )
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

I'm surprised that Brian didn't mention that he tows a U-haul behind the 13' Escape...to carry his photo gear.

baglo
Old 06-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #7

Glenn:

Sorry, the truth is that my Pentax camera fits in a Lowepro camera bag which has a spot in the back of our car, and the tripod lives right next to it.

We have more room in our car while towing a trailer than we did when we were tenting. Inside the trailer most things have their spot so that we don't really feel crowded at all.

I enjoyed your joke about the need to make do with limited cutlery and clothes -- we really have not felt any hardship!

Thanks for suggesting that someone with a 13 foot trailer be interviewed -- I took the bait and it was an interesting experience.

Brian

2003 Subaru Forester
Old 06-26-2010, 12:42 AM   #8

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

One of the best.

I had to put a fork in it, but that's me.

baglo
Old 06-26-2010, 01:38 AM   #9

You're a nice guy!
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP8896 sm.jpg  

2003 Subaru Forester
Old 06-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA

Nice interview! I've yet to catch any interview when it's happening, but have always enjoyed watching the video after the fact. This interview is certainly no exception. I've had the pleasure of camping with Brian and Maria at a couple of gatherings and what you saw is exactly the nice/kind person Brian is... pretty cool. I'll be catching up with them at the Oregon Gathering in a few short weeks too. Hope I don't drool all over any Escape trailers. You folks who own Escape's are soooo lucky to have wisely chosen this brand. I'm still a wannabe, sigh.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #11

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)

Yah - but we cannot come close to the drama of the Scamp Yahoo group here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D.
Nice interview! I've yet to catch any interview when it's happening, but have always enjoyed watching the video after the fact. This interview is certainly no exception. I've had the pleasure of camping with Brian and Maria at a couple of gatherings and what you saw is exactly the nice/kind person Brian is... pretty cool. I'll be catching up with them at the Oregon Gathering in a few short weeks too. Hope I don't drool all over any Escape trailers. You folks who own Escape's are soooo lucky to have wisely chosen this brand. I'm still a wannabe, sigh.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric T
Yah - but we cannot come close to the drama of the Scamp Yahoo group here.
Not to trash this topic, but you caught that one too Eric? What a hoot! I love moderated groups There are so many places on the WWW to give an OPINION, talking about molded trailers should not include opinions if a television is needed/wanted, but if someone should ask about how it should be mounted... answer the question! Did you notice "he who is not named" complained about porch lights... but ordered his with one! hahahahahaha

You guys are the best over here on EscapeForum. Thanks for knowing the difference between an opinon and answering a question...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Hope I don't drool all over any Escape trailers. You folks who own Escape's are soooo lucky to have wisely chosen this brand. I'm still a wannabe, sigh.
Donna:

It's nice to have an Escape promoter like you on the forum!

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP8226 sm.jpg  

2003 Subaru Forester
Old 06-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #14

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)

Quote:
Hope I don't drool all over any Escape trailers. You folks who own Escape's are soooo lucky to have wisely chosen this brand. I'm still a wannabe, sigh.
The Escape is our 4th camper. 1st was a Coleman Popup, second was a Winnebago Rialta, third was the Scamp -- so it took me quite a while to finally chose wisely!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-27-2010, 06:23 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric T
Quote:
The Escape is our 4th camper. 1st was a Coleman Popup, second was a Winnebago Rialta, third was the Scamp -- so it took me quite a while to finally chose wisely!
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas A. Edison
Eric, it's a good thing it only took you 4! Of course, you probably left out the first one, the TENT.
Most of us have probably followed the same route. For us it was the tent, Skamper PopUp, tent again, Casita, and now our beloved Escape 5.0. I wouldn't trade the memories of any of them (well, maybe a few episodes ... always involving rain), but I don't wanna go back either : - )
Old 06-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieEscape
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas A. Edison
Eric, it's a good thing it only took you 4! Of course, you probably left out the first one, the TENT.
Most of us have probably followed the same route. For us it was the tent, Skamper PopUp, tent again, Casita, and now our beloved Escape 5.0. I wouldn't trade the memories of any of them (well, maybe a few episodes ... always involving rain), but I don't wanna go back either : - )
Hokie you are absolutely correct. Each camper was closer to what we wanted than the one it replaced... (and yes MANY tents and many years of sleeping on the ground preceded that Coleman popup.) Each had positives and negatives and we have fond memories of the travels in each one.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #17

"Hokie you are absolutely correct. Each camper was closer to what we wanted than the one it replaced... "

I'll bet we agree on something else too, the one we have is the one we're gonna KEEP! (UNLESS, Rease starts fabricating a 5.0 plus, with the 19' mold ... dual wheels and a larger eating <table where the queen bed is> area). If he does, anyone interested in a beloved 5.0 for sale on the East Coast

Old 06-28-2010, 03:02 AM   #18

Eric and Dan:

Memories of tenting are still fresh for us because we were still tenting last year using the same tent we had been using for almost 30 years from the time our children were small. http://store.eurekatent.com/products/365434/Timberline

We started on foam mattresses and could fit all five of us inside. By last year we had moved up to a queen sized air mattress which we could easily walk around.

Tenting is friendlier to the environment than trailering, technically simpler, yet gives similar access to beautiful camping spots. So why did we switch to a trailer? Was it comfort? Opportunity to chat with people on forums like this one?

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP7059 sm3.jpg  

2003 Subaru Forester
Old 06-28-2010, 08:06 AM   #19

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

I too went from tents, tarps, and bivy sacks to using a tent trailer, then a stick built, and now my Escape. As much as I love the convenience of using the trailer, I will still be using a tent at times too. The Escape does not fit well on a pulk, in a pack, or in a canoe (though maybe I could tow it if it floats ).
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #20

Jim:

Is this what you are looking for?

http://strix.org.uk/migrate/files/floating-trailer.jpg

Brian

2003 Subaru Forester