New 2017 17' Trailer - interior and exterior photos - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2016, 11:14 PM   #21

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I removed my screen permanently as there are plenty of other windows to open for ventilation. It is amazing how much light those screens cut out.
And if you have to escape quickly, those extra seconds (or minutes, depending on how tricky they are to remove) might make a difference. Good idea, Karen, to remove it then.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:20 PM   #22

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
1. Another opened cabinet - this one over the kitchen counter area. Room to stash your stuff for that 5 course meal. Small portions. Not very many people in for dinner. That sort of thing.

2. The new style of the stainless sink and faucet that is now standard on their trailers.

3. Demonstrating how easy it was to pull the nozzle thingie out.

4. And the other side of that nozzle. And my hand - yep, no wedding ring. I told Dirk that I would never wear it as rings bother me to no end. I wore it long enough to exchange our vows and that was it. And now that ring has somehow shrunk over the years so it wouldn't fit anyway. If I could even find it!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04170.jpg   DSC04171.jpg   DSC04172.jpg   DSC04173.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 11:26 PM   #23

1. Stove top cover flipped up.

2. And stove top cover arm thingie flipped out.

3. And stove top cover put back down.

Well, that was pretty exciting stuff! Let's see what photo #4 brings us:

4. Ah ha! The all important tank level monitor that's supposed to be more accurate if you pay some bucks to purchase the Horst Miracle Probes and pay more bucks to have ETI install them.

Also the switches for the water heater and pump. Important device to have.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04175.jpg   DSC04176.jpg   DSC04177.jpg   DSC04178.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 11:33 PM   #24

1. View of the kitchen doors. I do not know why I didn't open these up, considering I did with the overhead cabinets. Maybe I just didn't feel like bending over, which is probably the reason. (My belly button hernia surgery repair needs looking at (next week!) as I think it's back or something or another. Kills my gut to bend over.)

2. Close up shot of the lip on the floor. The table is set back from this lip edge, so it's not like you get up and immediately trip down it. You have a full step (in my size 11s mind you) before your feet figure out if you're gonna make it down without any problems. Mine did just fine.

3. View of the Maxx fan and vent cover. And a bit of the awning. And the top of the door. And the blue metal wall behind it all.

4. View of the back end of the trailer. And the outside light. And a few other things.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04179.jpg   DSC04180.jpg   DSC04187.jpg   DSC04188.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 11:36 PM   #25

Okay, that's it for the photos of the 17B trailer. Only took 2 hours this time.

I hope these photos will be of benefit to some of you. and I hope you all enjoyed it and my commentary. Less of it this time around - I'm quite tired and getting a bit punchy.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:42 PM   #26

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Very nice job, Laura. Thank you for all your efforts as they're much appreciated.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:02 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
1. Another side view. You can see the battery, the fire extinguisher and the remote for the Maxx fan (I'm assuming)
you know what, I think that remote might be for the awning.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:30 AM   #28

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Laura, thanks a millions times over for all your work. I think ETI should hire you to do the photography for their brochures - very thorough!!!
Brenda
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:29 AM   #29

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
2. Now this is a very interesting shot and I wish I knew for sure what was going on. Dirk speculated that wood cover is over where the awning is attached, but heck if I know. This is inside the cabinet. Maybe it's from something that was there already, but since I've never really looked at the 17B with any great attention to detail, I could not tell ya. But someone with one probably could and hopefully will!
I'm sure that is access to the awning. In this interior shot, the curbside wall to roof transition is a distinct 45-degree section, but from the exterior the awning sits in a notch - no angled area except at the very ends. Although we don't have under-construction photos for confirmation, it looks like Escape has made that corner a triangular box for strength. I can only guess that the panel is for access to mounting bolts and/or wiring.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:59 AM   #30

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Looking at the open overhead storage shots, it doesn't give the appearance that the flatter sides made any difference in the space on drivers side. The passenger side appears to have less space with the awning intrusion than the current models. What was your take Laura or are you familiar enough with the existing overheads to be able to tell?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:15 AM   #31

Trailer: 2001 coachmen
That was great! Thanks for taking the time! That is a sweet trailer!
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:15 AM   #32

Trailer: 2020 21C
Thanks for all your photographic skills for our benefit! You did an excellent job showing all of us the new design. It is all so exciting, Thanks again for all your efforts!
nrthwds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:09 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I'm sure that is access to the awning. In this interior shot, the curbside wall to roof transition is a distinct 45-degree section, but from the exterior the awning sits in a notch - no angled area except at the very ends. Although we don't have under-construction photos for confirmation, it looks like Escape has made that corner a triangular box for strength. I can only guess that the panel is for access to mounting bolts and/or wiring.
You're right, that is a much sharper angle than the other cabinets. I hadn't noticed that before. As Dirk told me this AM, I'm learning from all this.

And you're not going to get under construction photos from me since they've shut down the tours. I was really hoping to get out on the shop floor on Friday as a 5.0TA is in production for a friend and we both were looking forward to my massive amounts of photos. But, alas, no go.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:15 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Looking at the open overhead storage shots, it doesn't give the appearance that the flatter sides made any difference in the space on drivers side. The passenger side appears to have less space with the awning intrusion than the current models. What was your take Laura or are you familiar enough with the existing overheads to be able to tell?
While I looked over the 21 and 5.0TA quite a bit before we ordered, I didn't look at the 17 and 19 other than to say "too small" after a quick peek. I did look inside the cabinets of the larger trailers quite a bit, trying to imagine what all I would put in there.

With that being said, as I was looking at them on Friday, I was thinking that it didn't seem like there was much more room in the overhead bins nor did it seem that much straighter along the back sides. And I certainly didn't notice that one cabinet in the 17 was at a sharper angle, until Brian B-P pointed that out. I didn't see that wood thingie in the 19, so it's still kind of odd to me. Maybe they goobered something up and that's their fix for the demo.

The straighter sides would probably show up the most along the walls where there aren't overhead cabinets. Maybe the backs of the closets are straighter than before. But, I can't compare so can't tell ya for sure.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:19 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by reetired View Post
That was great! Thanks for taking the time! That is a sweet trailer!
So, you still trying to decide after seeing all those photos?

If you do order, I should get a kickback. Or the referral fee.

Just teasing ya here.

But seriously, after spending time in it and looking at everything on Friday and again in the photos, I can certainly appreciate someone liking that trailer. For us, it's too small, but I can see it fitting the needs of lots of other people.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:21 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrthwds View Post
Thanks for all your photographic skills for our benefit! You did an excellent job showing all of us the new design. It is all so exciting, Thanks again for all your efforts!
So, are you like triple excited now about your trailer that you'll be getting in September? Or earlier if they do increase production, like they're hoping to. Sarah said they'd know more by the end of summer.

Are you getting the 2016 or 2017 version? We decided to go with the 2017 version and after viewing these two trailers (the 17 and 19) I don't regret our decision.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:29 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
Laura, thanks a millions times over for all your work. I think ETI should hire you to do the photography for their brochures - very thorough!!!
Brenda
Thanks Brenda. Glad you were able to see these. I was hoping you would. And now you have much more detail on the trailer you have on order. Yay! And you can start plotting what you're gonna put in those cabinets.

Yeah, seriously doubt they would hire me considering they knew I was gonna put these up on the forum, but not a word of thanks has been sent my way for what I did in the past.

But yeah, even though I'm not getting the 17, it was still great fun to look it over in great detail. And sit in it and imagine what I would do if it was mine. same with the 19 footer. And it'll be even more so when they get the new 21 done. Can't wait!
Old 05-22-2016, 12:44 PM   #38

Trailer: 2018 19'
Now this is what I've been waiting for!! Thank you so much for taking the time to take photos & then post for the rest of us Laura. A couple of questions, what size is that fridge? Also, what does the switch by the inside of the door control? Maybe the outside light? Julie
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:22 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Now this is what I've been waiting for!! Thank you so much for taking the time to take photos & then post for the rest of us Laura. A couple of questions, what size is that fridge? Also, what does the switch by the inside of the door control? Maybe the outside light? Julie
You're welcome Julie. I don't know the size of the frig, but I'm sure someone else does. I think those switches usually control the outside light. In our 21 we're getting another added that will turn on a light inside so I can just flip it when I walk in instead of tripping over cats before I reach an actual light to turn it on.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:41 PM   #40

Trailer: 2020 21C
Yes, I am super excited. I decided to go with the new model... I like the windows and the awning as I will use the auto one! The classic awning is nice but I probably would not use much. Thanks again for taking all the photos for all of us! It is wonderful to see the new models!
nrthwds is offline   Reply With Quote