New 2017 19' Trailer - interior and exterior photos - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2016, 01:59 PM   #11

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
3. Okay, better view between the two styles. Note the amber lights on the top of the new style (19'), whereas the older style doesn't have it.

4. Showing where the batteries are if you don't have the storage box...
That new style trailer is a 19', right? The 17' has always had the battery (or batteries) on the rear bumper, while the 19' has always had them in front.

Again, the lights are determined by the width of the trailer, so the 19' needs clearance lights (showing the width) on the front and back, while the 17' does not... regardless of year.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:06 PM   #12

Quote:
3. Well, poo Brian B-P, this might not be enough to let you know about the self levelers on the propane tanks or whatever it was you were asking about.
Thanks. No level gauges on the propane cylinders - that's okay.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:08 PM   #13

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Well, crud that didn't make any difference on the orientation of the photos. I'm really sorry about this. I've tried several things at this end, but I have one more to try. If not, thanks to the mods that will fix these photos. Stupid Microsquish.

Edit: YAY, it worked on the post below, which I had deleted and then redid. So, break time while I fix the photos I already took. I'm not deleting my other posts and redoing them, so I'll rely on a moderator to this forum to fix 'em for me. HUGE thanks to whomever does that.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:10 PM   #14

Quote:
2. Okay, onwards from batteries and now we can see some windows. Clever eyes will note the window up front is not frameless and has a white frame. It's also not thermal and has that rock shield that flips down while driving. It looks like they're using the same white frame they did before as you can see it on the older 17 in the back.
As I recall, this is expected because the "frameless" style is not available with the integrated rock shield, so regardless of the choice for the rest of the windows, front windows will continue to be this specific type.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:12 PM   #15

Quote:
And it looks like it has aluminum wheels. I recently found out they keep the white painted ones on during production and put these on later.
More trivia: Not only are the wheels used during production steel, they only use two of them even on the tandem-axle models (at least in the early stages), presumably so that the trailers are easier to turn by hand (without tire scrubbing).
Old 05-21-2016, 02:13 PM   #16

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Okay, I'm reposting my last batch of photos to see if it works. I deleted that msg as it wouldn't let me delete just the photos and then replace it. Fingers crossed!

1. The closet. Yep, there's that spare tire cover I told ya about.

2. Close up of the top part of the closet. I don't know if it still has the same curve to it that it did with the older style. I'm not the expert that will know that. I also don't know what that black tube thingie is either (my favorite technical word - thingie).

3. Now you can see the floor of the closet without that spare tire cover in the way. Don't worry, I put it back after I snapped this photo.

4. Closet door.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04209.jpg (146.4 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04210.jpg (125.0 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04211.jpg (130.4 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04212.jpg (190.1 KB, 139 views)
Old 05-21-2016, 02:14 PM   #17
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
That black thingy is the wire for the bath light...
Old 05-21-2016, 02:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
That new style trailer is a 19', right? The 17' has always had the battery (or batteries) on the rear bumper, while the 19' has always had them in front.

Again, the lights are determined by the width of the trailer, so the 19' needs clearance lights (showing the width) on the front and back, while the 17' does not... regardless of year.
Yep, the new is the 19'. I have close up photos of the batteries on the 17, which will be posted later today.

Ah, so they don't need 'em on the front either due to the width. Boy, the things you learn on here! And the only thing I knew about lights before was that in 1968 you had to put side lights on your cars in the US, which is how I can tell the difference between a 1967 and 1968 fastback Mustang.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
More trivia: Not only are the wheels used during production steel, they only use two of them even on the tandem-axle models (at least in the early stages), presumably so that the trailers are easier to turn by hand (without tire scrubbing).
I had wondered why I only saw one set of tires during the factory tour. Now I know! thanks for that bit of info.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:22 PM   #20

Okay, I'm back, after hopefully fixing the photos at my end. Thanks to Jim or whomever for fixing the orientation on the other photos. I'm sure everyone is now happy you won't have to flip your neck or turn your monitor.

Okay back to the photos of the new style 19 footer:

1. Microwave. I do not know if this is a new style or if it may change later on. We're not getting one, so I haven't paid close attention to them. Note how it's clipped into the sides of the cabinet - they do this if you order one from the factory.

I think if you don't get the microwave you can get a larger frig, but don't quote me on that. Ask ETI for verification, but someone told me that yesterday.

2. Inside of the frig. one door model.

3. View of the inside of the door

4. view of my hand holding the freezer door open. It did not stay open on it's own, which I can see being a bit of a pain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04213.jpg (167.5 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04214.jpg (130.3 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04215.jpg (113.7 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04216.jpg (86.2 KB, 128 views)