New 2017 19' Trailer - interior and exterior photos - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2016, 12:19 PM   #1

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
New 2017 19' Trailer - interior and exterior photos

Okay, let's go visit the new 2017 19 footer. I've got just over 60 photos of it, so bear with me while I upload them all and add in my usual wordy commentary.

CPAHarley - sorry, no stripper pole on the display model I was able to view. They were working on another 19 while I was there, but I was unable to see inside it, so heck if I know if it had one.

Warning to forum mods - some of the photos might come in sideways like on my other thread. Could you please rotate them for me - thanks! Heck if I know what's going on with that - stupid Windows 10 is all I can say as I didn't have that problem before we upgraded.

Thanks to whomever for rotating the photos on my other thread.

If you want to view the thread I posted last night about the visit to the factory on 5/20/16, here's the link. It includes general commentary and photos of what all I saw and heard while I was there.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...lers-7888.html

This thread will focus on the 19 and next I'll do a separate thread on the 17B. So, hang tight Brenda/blhvet - I'm getting to your style trailer soon!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:50 PM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
1. View from the back of the new 19 on the left and the older 19 (I think) on the right. Note the differences in the windows. You can also see how far the awning window opens.

While I was inside the new trailers, I opened all of the windows (except for the safety escape window) and I could definitely feel the cooler air coming in. There wasn't any power to the trailers so I couldn't turn on the Maxx fan to see how much that improved airflow (which has been discussed on other threads). All of the knobs were easy to turn, which was a concern of mine since I have tendonitis and not a lot of strength in my hands. So, yay on that!

In the background is the new 2017 17 footer.

2. In case you can't figure it out - the new style door. Closed. Also note the leveling bubble thingie next to the door.

3. And now the door is open! Amazing how that happens magically. Oh and you can see me reflected in the window shading my eyes from the sun so I could see what I was taking a photo of. Yeah, it was a nice, sunny day. Yay!

I don't think this door has the fringe thingie on the bottom like I saw when I was up there a month or so ago.

Note to self - be sure the door isn't gonna lock you inside. I had a bit of a panic when I did that before I figured out what was going on. Memories of people getting locked inside their trailer came back to me very quickly. Ooops - the red lever was flipped to the locked position. Whew!

4. View of the frame of the door, which didn't interest me in the least but I know it will to some (yep, Brian B-P, another challenge for ya! ).
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04202.jpg   DSC04203.jpg   DSC04204.jpg   DSC04205.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 01:09 PM   #3

Gawd, this Windows 10 is so annoying. My resident computer expert (aka Dirk) doesn't know what's going on. So, twist your head around on the photos until a mod rotates them. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I realized I didn't start with the photos at the beginning, so we're gonna do a bit of skipping around here.

1. View of the old style (17') and the new style on the left.

2. Another view of the old style - enjoy it while you can. I put these here mainly so folks can see what the differences are with the windows, wall sides, door and awning.

3. Okay, better view between the two styles. Note the amber lights on the top of the new style (19'), whereas the older style doesn't have it.

4. Showing where the batteries are if you don't have the storage box. And those green knobs on the canisters again. Also note the vinyl rock shields that snap into place if you don't have the storage box. In photo #3 you can also see where the one on the right doesn't have the vinyl in place, but the snaps are there. The new one (on the left) does have them in place. You can also see the slight color difference.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04184.jpg   DSC04185.jpg   DSC04186.jpg   DSC04189.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 01:17 PM   #4

1. Another view of the propane canisters and battery and what not.

2. Side view of the windows closed.

3. Well, poo Brian B-P, this might not be enough to let you know about the self levelers on the propane tanks or whatever it was you were asking about. I took this more for the hitch and the tag. Heck if I know if Skipsey is the customer or what. If so, wave your hand, so to speak.

4. Okay, maybe this photo will help ya, Brian B-P. Hand crank on the hitch thingie that raises it up and down. We're going with electrical. Yeah, we're like that.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04189.jpg   DSC04190.jpg   DSC04191.jpg   DSC04192.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 01:26 PM   #5

1. Another view of the tanks and batteries. I'm sure it'll interest someone.

2. Okay, onwards from batteries and now we can see some windows. Clever eyes will note the window up front is not frameless and has a white frame. It's also not thermal and has that rock shield that flips down while driving. It looks like they're using the same white frame they did before as you can see it on the older 17 in the back.

You can also see where the frame of the trailer is set back a bit for the awning.

3. OMG, batteries again! But this was really to zero in on the vinyl rock guards. Ignore the batteries. Jeez, how many photos of batteries do we really need to see?

4. Moving on to the new door! Dirk saw this photo and said that he really likes the new door as it looks to be lots sturdier than the other style. I know it's been discussed multiple times on this forum, so we don't need to get into that discussion again. If you missed those discussions, do a search to find 'em. I'm just telling ya his thoughts.

You can also note the difference between the windows opened and closed. And it looks like it has aluminum wheels. I recently found out they keep the white painted ones on during production and put these on later. The things you learn!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04193.jpg   DSC04194.jpg   DSC04195.jpg   DSC04196.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 01:45 PM   #6

1. The rear hatch. It's been stated this would be larger, but I wasn't able to ask if this is true or not. So, I dunno about that. Just enjoy the bright red graphics while you're at it.

2. The rear window, which is split and opens separately. Note the smaller red lights in the middle. They switched over to this style as enough folks were having problems with the larger lights leaking and what not due to separation from the body (if I've got that correct). Yay to ETI for making that switch!

Note the naked spare tire. The cover was inside in the closet.

3. Side view with the new 17B in the background.

4. View of the awning. Heck if I know why that black wire is showing. I have a better view of it that will be in the next batch of photos.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04197.jpg   DSC04198.jpg   DSC04199.jpg   DSC04200.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I see the optional under awning led lights installed, wonder why ETI does not use the Dometic lights attached to the awning, which is shown as a Dometic option? Also appears that I may be installing those rain gutters over the the window tops as there appears that the hinge does not cover the entire top at the curved edges, not sure if that is a rain issue or not, yet.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:52 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
2. ... Also note the leveling bubble thingie next to the door.
It's nice that a level is included, but I never understood the idea of putting something showing front-to-back level on the side: you can't adjust it there, so the level should be up front near the tongue jack. This isn't really a 2017 thing, and of course an owner can put a level anywhere desired.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:56 PM   #9

1. Close up of the awning and that black wire. I find it rather annoying to see it there, but it probably has to be there for a reason. I sure hope it's nothing that will get mucked up in the sun, cold and rain.

2. Okay, back to where I started. A view of the other side of the new door style. You can see a small fraction of the light switch below the kitchen counter. Yep, there is NOT a stripper bar, CPAHarley.

3. The step which looks like it's almost touching the ground, but I don't remember any problems going in and out, so I guess this is normal.

4. Oooo, the bathroom! Notice the larger (than before) awning style window. AND the molded in vanity! More photos on that in the another batch - I'm just teasing you with this first photo. THIS was the entire reason I drove up there yesterday.

Sharp eyes will note how the walls pops out a bit for the vanity. It's all molded in to the wall.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04201.jpg   DSC04206.jpg   DSC04207.jpg   DSC04208.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 01:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I see the optional under awning led lights installed, wonder why ETI does not use the Dometic lights attached to the awning, which is shown as a Dometic option? Also appears that I may be installing those rain gutters over the the window tops as there appears that the hinge does not cover the entire top at the curved edges, not sure if that is a rain issue or not, yet.
So that's why it's outside - thanks for the info. We're not getting that so I won't have to worry about it out in the rain and what not.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:59 PM   #11

Quote:
3. Okay, better view between the two styles. Note the amber lights on the top of the new style (19'), whereas the older style doesn't have it.

4. Showing where the batteries are if you don't have the storage box...
That new style trailer is a 19', right? The 17' has always had the battery (or batteries) on the rear bumper, while the 19' has always had them in front.

Again, the lights are determined by the width of the trailer, so the 19' needs clearance lights (showing the width) on the front and back, while the 17' does not... regardless of year.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:06 PM   #12

Quote:
3. Well, poo Brian B-P, this might not be enough to let you know about the self levelers on the propane tanks or whatever it was you were asking about.
Thanks. No level gauges on the propane cylinders - that's okay.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:08 PM   #13

Well, crud that didn't make any difference on the orientation of the photos. I'm really sorry about this. I've tried several things at this end, but I have one more to try. If not, thanks to the mods that will fix these photos. Stupid Microsquish.

Edit: YAY, it worked on the post below, which I had deleted and then redid. So, break time while I fix the photos I already took. I'm not deleting my other posts and redoing them, so I'll rely on a moderator to this forum to fix 'em for me. HUGE thanks to whomever does that.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:10 PM   #14

Quote:
2. Okay, onwards from batteries and now we can see some windows. Clever eyes will note the window up front is not frameless and has a white frame. It's also not thermal and has that rock shield that flips down while driving. It looks like they're using the same white frame they did before as you can see it on the older 17 in the back.
As I recall, this is expected because the "frameless" style is not available with the integrated rock shield, so regardless of the choice for the rest of the windows, front windows will continue to be this specific type.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:12 PM   #15

Quote:
And it looks like it has aluminum wheels. I recently found out they keep the white painted ones on during production and put these on later.
More trivia: Not only are the wheels used during production steel, they only use two of them even on the tandem-axle models (at least in the early stages), presumably so that the trailers are easier to turn by hand (without tire scrubbing).
Old 05-21-2016, 02:13 PM   #16

Okay, I'm reposting my last batch of photos to see if it works. I deleted that msg as it wouldn't let me delete just the photos and then replace it. Fingers crossed!

1. The closet. Yep, there's that spare tire cover I told ya about.

2. Close up of the top part of the closet. I don't know if it still has the same curve to it that it did with the older style. I'm not the expert that will know that. I also don't know what that black tube thingie is either (my favorite technical word - thingie).

3. Now you can see the floor of the closet without that spare tire cover in the way. Don't worry, I put it back after I snapped this photo.

4. Closet door.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04209.jpg   DSC04210.jpg   DSC04211.jpg   DSC04212.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 02:14 PM   #17

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
That black thingy is the wire for the bath light...
Old 05-21-2016, 02:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
That new style trailer is a 19', right? The 17' has always had the battery (or batteries) on the rear bumper, while the 19' has always had them in front.

Again, the lights are determined by the width of the trailer, so the 19' needs clearance lights (showing the width) on the front and back, while the 17' does not... regardless of year.
Yep, the new is the 19'. I have close up photos of the batteries on the 17, which will be posted later today.

Ah, so they don't need 'em on the front either due to the width. Boy, the things you learn on here! And the only thing I knew about lights before was that in 1968 you had to put side lights on your cars in the US, which is how I can tell the difference between a 1967 and 1968 fastback Mustang.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
More trivia: Not only are the wheels used during production steel, they only use two of them even on the tandem-axle models (at least in the early stages), presumably so that the trailers are easier to turn by hand (without tire scrubbing).
I had wondered why I only saw one set of tires during the factory tour. Now I know! thanks for that bit of info.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:22 PM   #20

Okay, I'm back, after hopefully fixing the photos at my end. Thanks to Jim or whomever for fixing the orientation on the other photos. I'm sure everyone is now happy you won't have to flip your neck or turn your monitor.

Okay back to the photos of the new style 19 footer:

1. Microwave. I do not know if this is a new style or if it may change later on. We're not getting one, so I haven't paid close attention to them. Note how it's clipped into the sides of the cabinet - they do this if you order one from the factory.

I think if you don't get the microwave you can get a larger frig, but don't quote me on that. Ask ETI for verification, but someone told me that yesterday.

2. Inside of the frig. one door model.

3. View of the inside of the door

4. view of my hand holding the freezer door open. It did not stay open on it's own, which I can see being a bit of a pain.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04213.jpg   DSC04214.jpg   DSC04215.jpg   DSC04216.jpg