New 2017 19' Trailer - interior and exterior photos - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2016, 03:23 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Credit to Donna D. but I now know how.....
Old 05-21-2016, 03:29 PM   #22

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
1. controls on the frig. Now this should be of great interest to lots of folks!

2. Back to the bathroom after that teaser photo earlier of the medicine cabinet (called it vanity earlier - oops!). Here you can see a bit of it, along with the all important toilet. (for those wondering about the version without the bathroom - ETI doesn't have one on display, nor did they with the earlier style.)

3. Showing where the wheel well is under the mold. and the all important floor drain! And toilet paper cover. Yep, important stuff to know.

4. Sink and shower head, in case you can't figure that out.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04217.jpg   DSC04218.jpg   DSC04219.jpg   DSC04220.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:30 PM   #23

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Credit to Donna D. but I now know how.....
So, you can teach an old dog new tricks! good to know!

Thanks much Donna D! yay!
Old 05-21-2016, 03:30 PM   #24

I like the new bath light, appears a lot more sleeker than the old style pancake they used to use.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:37 PM   #25

1. Window in bathroom which was quite easy to open. So, if ETI is reading this thread, they'll know who opened all the windows in the trailers.

2. Yeppers, it's now open. Amazing. I wonder how much of your naked, showering body someone on the outside would be able to see. Are you willing to find out? Not me!

3. AND now we can see the mirrored, molded in medicine cabinet. Let me tell ya, it was a pain to get a photo without me or my elbow or some such showing. It has a plastic door that was easy to open. I don't know if it'll open when you drive as it wasn't that easy but it wasn't super hard, if that makes sense.

4. Here's a close up of the frame of the door which has a textured pattern on it. Dots or some such. Okay, whatever. I'm wondering if it can be painted as white on white was just too boring for me. Gotta find some paint that will be water resistant and test it out.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04221.jpg   DSC04222.jpg   DSC04223.jpg   DSC04224.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 03:41 PM   #26

This trailer has the frameless option, correct? So these are the thermal windows.....
Old 05-21-2016, 03:43 PM   #27

Quote:
I like the new bath light, appears a lot more sleeker than the old style pancake they used to use.
Oh, didn't realize there was a new light. Good to know someone is catching stuff like this from the photos - makes it all worthwhile to do this.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:44 PM   #28

Quote:
This trailer has the frameless option, correct? So these are the thermal windows.....
Correct. All of the windows opened just fine and I could feel a cool breeze coming through them. I was very pleased with the windows.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:52 PM   #29

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
1. controls on the frig
The best thing about what is shown here is that it includes a temperature adjustment. Dometic sells the same series of refrigerators with no setting adjustment, depending only on (usually ineffectively) tweaking the sensor position on the cooling fins, so this is a valuable choice by Escape.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:56 PM   #30

1. And now for the all important INSIDE of the medicine cabinet - what I drove 3 hours each way for.

The shelves are fixed - I was hoping they'd be adjustable, but they'll still be quite usable. Overall, I was pleased with the cabinet and I know I'll be stashing stuff like bottles of shampoo and such in there.

You can see the shower curtain off to the side. In the 19 it go across the door and that's about it.

2. Door is open and a close up shot of the vent inside. I did not fiddle with the vent for some reason considering I was opening all the windows. Guess it never occurred to me until now. Next time!

3. Here you can see the shape of the molded area a bit better. It's set far enough back you're not going to bang your head on it unless you do some weird gymnastics in that dinko bathroom.

4. Okay, now this was a problem that Sarah said they'll be tweaking in the future. As you can see, the top of the door hits on the handle for the vent. They need to lower it by about a quarter inch and it'll clear just fine. You could still open and close it, but I don't know if it would eventually put a wear mark on either one or both of these. Probably.

HA! I just noticed you can see the front of my camera in the corner of the mirror. Well, now you know my camera is blue.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04225.jpg   DSC04226.jpg   DSC04227.jpg   DSC04228.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 03:56 PM   #31

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
4. Here's a close up of the frame of the door which has a textured pattern on it. Dots or some such...
It looks like basket weave.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:57 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The best thing about what is shown here is that it includes a temperature adjustment. Dometic sells the same series of refrigerators with no setting adjustment, depending only on (usually ineffectively) tweaking the sensor position on the cooling fins, so this is a valuable choice by Escape.
I knew someone would know what was going on in that photo. Yay for that. that's why I took twelve bazillion photos of everything I could think of. But I probably still missed something.

I should ask what you want to see when I take photos of the 21 when it's completed.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:02 PM   #33
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I like the medicine cabinet. I wonder if it will be possible to retro fit one in a ETI classic build? Shoot, I'm good with a glue gun!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #34

1. In case anyone is interested, this is who made the medicine cabinet or at least the door. A bit blurry, so it's not your old glasses that need replacing.

2. Okay, where are we? The front dinette I think. Window was easy to open and all that.

3. Amazing how that window is now open. Heck if I know who is doing that!

4. Cabinet over that now-open window. Could not tell you if the shape inside has changed. I know Charlie will probably want to know for his plastic divider thingies (there's that technical term again!), but I can't help ya out, sorry. Hey, Charlie, you should send me some of your dividers and I can compare 'em next time I go up there!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04229.jpg   DSC04231.jpg   DSC04232.jpg   DSC04233.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I like the medicine cabinet. I wonder if it will be possible to retro fit one in a ETI classic build? Shoot, I'm good with a glue gun!
It'd need more than that as the back wall has been molded to accept the cabinet. It swoops in. But I don't see why one can't be installed later on if you don't mind the wall not having a swooped in shape for it. I did not think to ask that. Not sure how it would attach to the wall. How strong of a glue can you get?

But, yeah, I really do like that cabinet. I was very pleased with it.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #36
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
1. In case anyone is interested, this is who made the medicine cabinet or at least the door. A bit blurry, so it's not your old glasses that need replacing.
Thanks! I just did a search on the website and for the model: American Pride Medicine Cabinets - Salem
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:22 PM   #37

1. Over the window shelf in the dinette area up front. I don't know if this is a new feature or not. And there's that forklift zipping around. I wisely stayed inside when he was out there on it.

2. Cabinet on the other side of the window. I wasn't too impressed with the wrinkly vinyl, but once you shove stuff up there you won't see it. None of the others were this way (well, there was one on the 17, I think, which we'll see later) and Dirk thought it was due to the awning getting attached underneath the vinyl. I could not confirm if this is true or not, so take it for a suggestion not fact.

3. Yep, this trailer belongs to someone else! I kind of wonder as I thought it was a demo trailer, but I guess someone let their trailer be the guinea pig for first production. I don't know if this trailer or the other 19 will be going to the rally for everyone to see.

You'll note the table is slid over to the side a bit as I sat there to see what it was like. All I can say is that it's a good thing that table slides. Otherwise ... well, we won't go there.

4. View of the door side of the dinette overhead cabinet. I like how it slopes down a bit. Why, I don't know, but it looks nice. Although I was probably taking this photo to show the trailer moving around outside. But it works for both reasons. And you can see the hinges on the door.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04234.jpg   DSC04235.jpg   DSC04236.jpg   DSC04237.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 04:34 PM   #38

1. the blue 19 (old style) being moved, which was featured in my other post about the factory visit yesterday. You can also admire the non-frameless (aka framed!), non-thermal, non-opening front window with the flipped up rock guard. Take your pick as to which you want to admire.

2. Okey dokey, the other important change that's now a standard item (unless you want to change it out). The stainless steel, lever kitchen faucet with pull-out nozzle. YAY! Note the orientation of the stove. On the 17B, which will be shown later today, it's orientated the other way (rotated). Some prefer that way while others prefer this way. We're getting ours rotated and it was great to see both orientations in the same day.

3. The kitchen sink!

4. And the faucet pulled out. It was very easy to pull out. I won't tell you if the lever was easy to use as that might tell you if there's any water in the tank and now in the sink. Um, yeah.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04238.jpg   DSC04239.jpg   DSC04240.jpg   DSC04241.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 04:39 PM   #39

1. Okay, gotta cover up that little bit of water in the sink (hey, it's probably all dried out by now) with the cutting board. It's made from the piece they cut out of the cabinet for the sink. Great way to upcycle! Also showing you the new frameless, awning style window in the kitchen.

2. Same window now open. Dang, I opened a lot of windows!

3 & 4. Stove top with the cover opened up and the side arm thingie set out. We're not getting this cover on ours. I do not know if this is a new style stove from before. Others will comment if it's new, I'm sure.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04242.jpg   DSC04243.jpg   DSC04244.jpg   DSC04245.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 04:47 PM   #40

1. Okay, this proves my memory is shot. The vinyl inside this cabinet is also wrinkly. I don't know if this is normal as not all of 'em are this way. Or if it's due to something behind it that we don't know about.

2. Yeah, blurry again. this time of the panel that shows you how full your tanks are and a few other things that I can't read. Oh, water heater and water pump on/off switches.

3. And the all important permanent bed in the back of the trailer.

4. And here you can see the lip underneath. I remember a post that there's now a lip in the dinette area of the others, but I don't know if this was always there for the 19 or if this is new.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04246.jpg   DSC04247.jpg   DSC04248.jpg   DSC04249.jpg