New 4.3 & 6.7 fridge info - Page 20 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #191

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
This to Reace - we appreciate everything you are doing to get to the bottom of this cooling problem . I do not know of any other manufacturer who would bother and spend his time and effort as you have especially when you didn't even make these refrigerators . We Thankyou and just shows us why we went to great lengths to purchase your fine trailer . Thankyou again . 2013 19 ft Linda and Pat

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #192

Trailer: Escape 17B (2014)
All this talk about fridge problems is unsettling, especially since my 17B, currently in production, will have the 4.3 fridge. It makes me wonder if I should have gone with the standard 3.0 fridge instead.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:41 PM   #193

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Now now, no need for conclusion jumping. Remember immortal words of Charlie Chan: He who jump to conclusion will land on cabbage patch.
My 4.3 still number-one fridge-san with me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg charlie-chan.jpg (11.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #194
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Also Dave and Jane, not all members are having issues, only those in the extreme southern portion of the US and then only some of them. I'd get the unit you want not the unit you think is better.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:11 PM   #195

Trailer: 2014 escape 17B
A big thank you to Reace for his diligent attempts at solving fridge issues. We did a month in our 17 B in July throughout Washington and Oregon at 35+Celsius. The 4.3 8 series worked well on all settings. 12v when travelling, propane when boondocking, and shore power in campgrounds. We only open the fridge 3 or 4 times a day, and try to do it as quickly as possible. Ice in a cooler serves for cold beverages.
dglasrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #196
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Jane View Post
All this talk about fridge problems is unsettling, especially since my 17B, currently in production, will have the 4.3 fridge. It makes me wonder if I should have gone with the standard 3.0 fridge instead.
No! Don't worry yourself about it. Look at all the posts. No two people travel the same, pack the refrig the same, in the same "weather."

I'm waiting to hear from Reace before I do anything necessary. NO drilling holes, removing freezers, etc., etc., etc. I am willing to give ETI a chance to SOLVE any issues before I jump to conclusions. YMMV

'EL I'm a former tent camper... I can handle anything!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #197

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
I agree Donna . Lets all give Reece a chance here. He is thankfully working hard to improve this . I have posted that out old trailer fridge would freeze things if we were not careful . Keep in mind it was a pig on propane as well. I was always refilling the propane tanks and they were 30 lb bottles . Out 19 is much much easier on propane . I know some of that is furnace but It was largely the fridge . I suspect dometic has made these fridges much more efficient but now we just need to find a good balance between efficiency and performance . I ordered a fan fix and have it but I am certainly going to
Wait until we get our 21 in November and also to let ETI work with dometic
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:28 PM   #198

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
To me, it almost sounds as if I am the only one who's fridge is working well, even in very hot conditions. Maybe the others with good fridge performance are not responding in these fridge threads. It would be interesting if someone knowledgeable about the forum could set up a questionaire to see how widespread this issue really is.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:10 PM   #199
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Dave, I've been on the "all molded forums" for a very long time... I still think it's about how folks pack the frigs and where they park! Keep the frig in the shade (AFTERNOONS) and pack the frig according to how you BUY! Bananas, potatoes, lettuce, tomatoes, apples DON'T NEED TO BE COLD! Just kept cool.

Dairy and meat (protein) need to be kept cold.

Have y'all ever had an ambient temperature craft beer? You'll never drink a COLD one again, I promise.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #200

Trailer: 2004 Chinook Concourse (Molded fiberglass!)
Reace, thank you! You have gone WAY above and beyond any expectation most of us could have! Thanks for all of your efforts! Hope you are getting a little R & R!