New Escape on the horizon! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2019, 04:20 AM   #21

Trailer: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
My bets always been on a 23. Very interesting and will enjoy seeing what they release, but no interest here. We’ve got the one we want and just continuing mods and improvements to make it better.
Put that Mr Beams light in the bathroom for trip last week, and that is one 5 minute add that is worth it 10 times over.
May I ask which Mr. Beams model light you chose to install? Also did you install it in bathroom ceiling or wall since there is a fan in the ceiling? It is something I will want to use in our 19' when we get it.
Thanks
Purplecatstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:24 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I installed this one https://amzn.to/2X0RHJL
Put it just below the belly band on the outside wall to the right of the sink. It faces the door so it comes on when the door opens and is low so light doesn’t get in your eyes. Used the 3M bath command strips on the back plate instead of the adhesive they supply. You have to make sure you leave enough room below the band because it slides up to come off to change the batteries if ever needed.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #23

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
my friends have the Northernlite camper very nice camper not cheep but very pretty!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I think Reace now has more time to explore ideas he has, like a few new models.

Personally I have never run across a reasonably sized, non pop out, pull behind trailer that has a full size walk around bed of acceptable size...for us. They are either to short and/or to narrow.

If I were in the market for a new Escape my only question would be...what are the exact dimensions of the bed.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:21 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
If it is a 21 with something closer to a 19 layout, it will sell well. I know a few with a 19 who would love this.
2 different Escape 19 owner-couples visited our 'classic' 21 over the past couple weeks, they all loved the 21's layout better than their 19 with its narrow aisle and small kitchen area. Both bought their 19's used and settled on the 19 because of their tow vehicle at the time (no longer an issue as both ended up upgrading anyways) and availability.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
I think Reace now has more time to explore ideas he has, like a few new models.

Personally I have never run across a reasonably sized, non pop out, pull behind trailer that has a full size walk around bed of acceptable size...for us. They are either to short and/or to narrow.

If I were in the market for a new Escape my only question would be...what are the exact dimensions of the bed.

you need to go to an 8' wide trailer to get a walkaround queen. The Bigfoot 25's have this. E21's and 19s are 7' wide.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:16 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
you need to go to an 8' wide trailer to get a walkaround queen. The Bigfoot 25's have this. E21's and 19s are 7' wide.
Actually the E19 is 7', the E21 is 7'4" according to their website, if I were 4" taller I would look thinner.....
Old 06-12-2019, 10:14 AM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotateclockwise View Post
Sounds like a similar layout to an Airstream 23 FB.
Well that would not be of interest for those of us that enjoy the dinettes in the front or rear. Not sure I would sacrafice the dinette to get a walk around bed.
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:21 AM   #29

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear101 View Post
Well that would not be of interest for those of us that enjoy the dinettes in the front or rear. Not sure I would sacrafice the dinette to get a walk around bed.
I really liked the Airstream 23FB for the full bath and walk around bed with huge windows. The layout looked perfect online...until I walked through one. The "walk around" bed was more like carefully squeeze around while ducking under the curved ceiling. The dinette is almost on top of anyone trying to work at the stove/sink or look in the fridge. The bathroom, while a full dry bath, really does sacrifice what is potentially the best view from the trailer.

I wonder if ETI is going to go wider on the 23'. I sorta think it would make more sense to go to 25' but maybe weight would really climb at that point.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:32 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear101 View Post
Perhaps I noted too soon. I just looked at the Northern Lite web site. I am very sure that whatever they and Escape come out with will be of interest. For those who prefer a dry bath, Escape does not currently have an option. So from a marketing point of view I can see the intrest in adding this in a new model. However, I agree with Jim Bennett a 21 or 23 with something closer to the 19 layout would be very compelling.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:50 AM   #31

Trailer: No RV
I agree, I have wanted queen bed and 19’ layout in a 21 (or a 23) I visited a couple 19’s while tent camping, very nice as were the owners. I think Escape folks have the understanding of less is more and fiberglass is best so we meet up with a shared point of view regarding these matters and I discover we see other things similarly. I find it irresponsible to tell a consumer they can tow campers that come anywhere near the vehicle max towing capacity, I tell folks 60 percent with proper hitch hardware and transmission cooler.
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:30 AM   #32

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I liked a couple of the smaller Airstreams when shopping, unfortunately most, if not all, come with the shrunk queen.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:51 AM   #33

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Weight limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
I agree, I have wanted queen bed and 19’ layout in a 21 (or a 23) I visited a couple 19’s while tent camping, very nice as were the owners. I think Escape folks have the understanding of less is more and fiberglass is best so we meet up with a shared point of view regarding these matters and I discover we see other things similarly. I find it irresponsible to tell a consumer they can tow campers that come anywhere near the vehicle max towing capacity, I tell folks 60 percent with proper hitch hardware and transmission cooler.
I appreciate the fact that people fought and died for your right to express your opinions on towing, weight limits, ratios in two greatest countries in the World. I do not agree with your opinion, another right that I have and will continue to express whenever I feel necessary. Common sense, proper installation and use and judicious respect for the conditions at hand will, in my opinion, go farther to protect the user than a random percentage recommendation by a poster. But like Voltaire, I will defend your right to express that opinion. Someday I may meet you on the road towing at the hitch weight limit of my tow and at 87% of my towing vehicle’s capacity. But when and where?
Iowa Dave
Old 06-12-2019, 11:58 AM   #34

Yes I noticed that as well. Interestingly Northern Lite's truck campers have 60"x80" queen beds. These truck campers are also 98 inches wide. So if one were to make the likely incorrect, guess about what might be forth coming...... 8ft wide, full queen, side dinette face to face or U and more modern looking than the bigfoots would be one thought.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #35

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
60%? That is a fair bit too small. If I did that in the years of towing various trailers that I have done, I would never be able to have done it. My dump trailer often gets near the towing capacity of my F-150 and it works no problem. I use 90% to maintain a bit of safety if you wish to add something temporary for one trip.

If the trailer brakes are set up proper, there is no issue with safety, Even being near towing capacity I have hit many dangerous situations that require defensive action and I have been able to stop with no problem.

When I had a Class I license many of the rigs I drove were very near their towing capacity. Delivery trucks would suffer money wise a lot if they could not do this.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:15 PM   #36

The folks I gave the 60% answer to do not have your experience, few do and they talked about driving campers across the country. I too have towed boats at near my F250 towing capacity but only for a few hours each way and Maine is not flat. I apologies if I insulted anyone, I support your right to express yourself and often learn from folks when they do.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:44 PM   #37

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
The folks I gave the 60% answer to do not have your experience, few do and they talked about driving campers across the country. I too have towed boats at near my F250 towing capacity but only for a few hours each way and Maine is not flat. I apologies if I insulted anyone, I support your right to express yourself and often learn from folks when they do.
It's all good. We each have devised our own parameters for various issues.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:09 PM   #38
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
60%? That is a fair bit too small. If I did that in the years of towing various trailers that I have done, I would never be able to have done it. My dump trailer often gets near the towing capacity of my F-150 and it works no problem. I use 90% to maintain a bit of safety if you wish to add something temporary for one trip.

If the trailer brakes are set up proper, there is no issue with safety, Even being near towing capacity I have hit many dangerous situations that require defensive action and I have been able to stop with no problem.

When I had a Class I license many of the rigs I drove were very near their towing capacity. Delivery trucks would suffer money wise a lot if they could not do this.
on a proper truck with a full frame, and rear wheel drive, and weight distribution as needed, IMHO, the 60% rule doesn't apply. I would have no quandries about towing the rated 12500 lbs with my F250 diesel, although I wouldn't want to pull something that heavy long distances on a regular basis.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:59 PM   #39

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
When did the 80 per cent rule become the 60 per cent rule? Why not 40 per cent?

• Rule of thumb, a principle with broad application that is not intended to be strictly accurate or reliable for every situation
Old 06-12-2019, 02:02 PM   #40

Thanks for your understanding